GDT: RAGNARÖKR CLAN SKOGVAKTARE @ CLAN STORMNING AKA GAME 7 NEW YORK RANGERS @ CAROLINA HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Success isn't Dundo's priority, and I don't think anyone was arguing trade deadline moves would bring us that. But he's glad to have fans like you that make excuses for our poor playoff performances.
Lame response dude. Cool story. Im sorry that facts hurt you so. Dundon is the only reason we have a successful squad because he funds it

Reactions: cptjeff

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Rangers fan coming in peace.

Hell of a series, you guys probably deserve better. Love the way you guys play, those first 4 games were a grind, tough checking, tight d, last 3 games a bit of an anomaly, some bad luck at the wrong time. Much love to you guys, looking forward to future battles.
Thanks.

Good luck against the Bolts. You’re going to need it.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
As I mentioned he exceeded expectations and did great under the circumstances but not what we need long term. I hang these losses mainly on our s soft “stars” and lack of discipline
He's the backup. He did way, way more than anyone could fairly ask for.

I do think we need to be asking tough questions about Andersen's injury and why the timelines kept changing, though.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
He's the backup. He did way, way more than anyone could fairly ask for.

I do think we need to be asking tough questions about Andersen's injury and why the timelines kept changing, though.
Yeah I have a feeling we could be at square one between the pipes again… mrazek available again?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
As I mentioned he exceeded expectations and did great under the circumstances but not what we need long term. I hang these losses mainly on our s soft “stars” and lack of discipline
He’s signed for 1 more year. After that Raanta will likely move on and Kochetkov will move up after a year in Chicago.

Kochetkov shouldn’t be the backup next year; one more year of Raanta is ideal given Kochetkov’s development.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
a
The Canes have never lost a Game 7 before. This is painful and should inspire some real changes both in approach and in personnel. And I hope it's branded into their minds what happens when you play like winning is inevitable and don't f***ing work for it.

There are players who shouldn't be back. Rod will need to show he can adapt. Our star players need a kick in the ass.

Anyway, the offseason is here as of tonight. We can get better and get over the top, but we're gonna have to be clear eyed about the fact that the team as currently structured just isn't good enough and never will be with just tweaks. Right now, we're a great regular season team. If we admit that this isn't going to do it, we still have a lot of time to do a retool that makes us elite. If we double down and shove our heads in the sand... Well, at least it's better being the Sharks than being the 2010-18 Canes.
And there's no guarantee next year you make the playoffs every season is a different, the fact that the Canes can't win a single game of the road is mind boggling

Reactions: Summer Rose

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I stopped watching after the Rangers scored the 4th goal in the 3rd period. It was masochism to stay tuned in after that IMO. Having said that, I'm ready for a roster shakeup.

I also find it concerning that the one time we made the conference finals was the 1st year with Rod as head coach. You'd think all of the acquired experience for our young players would mean something, but I'm not really seeing it. Even with offensive production aside (or lack thereof in this game), Svech still takes dumbass penalties along with the rest of the team for that matter (Aho took one too which they scored on). I'm sure some people will argue against this line of thinking by saying "but we keep making the playoffs and it's nice we made it this far!" Even if true, the cup window has its limit for this team just like it does for every other team. It's also very understandable to want to see progress after years of making the playoffs.

Really it was only a matter of time before Carolina's undefeated home record in the playoffs would be broken/snapped. Obviously, when a team can't win a SINGLE f***ing road game, the mountain climb gets a lot steeper. It's amazing this team was tied for the best road record in the regular season but shit the bed every road game.

Finally, our star players need to be our star players. More times than not, they weren't and let us down. This team doesn't have a superstar, but it does have good depth. Yet it clearly wasn't enough.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I know you know this, but the Bolts are a whole different animal from the Canes right now.

That said, if Igor can at least match Vasi, it should be a fun series.

Narrator: he wont.

Dont understand all the hype about Igor after watching the playoffs.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Game 7 Kitty deserted us.

5a3825a74e3655000172c842_tenor%20copy%205.gif

Hopefully next year, you can meet us in the cup finals.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I think RBA is getting to be on the hot seat too.

Honeymoon is over.
4 straight seasons of playoffs for the first team in the history of the team, not counting the era when the Whalers could make the playoffs with a 26-41-13 season. He has work to do this offseason to be sure, but looking at the big picture, c'mon. There's overreaction and then there's RBA on the hot seat takes.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
4 straight seasons of playoffs for the first team in the history of the team, not counting the era when the Whalers could make the playoffs with a 26-41-13 season. He has work to do this offseason to be sure, but looking at the big picture, c'mon. There's overreaction and then there's RBA on the hot seat takes.
I concur he's got about 2 more seasons. IMO if he keeps taking us to the playoffs but eventually you need to do more in them and the last 2 Haven't left good tastes in my mouth losing to tampa wasn't the problem it was how we lost..
and this season is We got to 13 straight with the home team winning them all.. We couldn't make 14!!!.

Our Team Shit itself routinely on the road and that is somewhat on the coach..

Reactions: Svechhammer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad