GDT: RAGNARÖKR CLAN SKOGVAKTARE @ CLAN STORMNING AKA GAME 7 NEW YORK RANGERS @ CAROLINA HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Hey, guys, I don't want to discuss the game (not that kind of guy and I like you guys a lot), but has anyone heard anything on Raanta? He was a really good guy for us and I know he's been huge for you and that looked like a torn groin or ACL.

I am really hoping this is not as bad as it looked, but those non-contact injuries just tend to always be awful . . .

RBA said in his postgame that, if the Canes had managed to come back, Raanta wouldn’t have been able to play against Tampa. So probably not good for him.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I’m not asking for their points man… I’m asking for some fun king sandpaper… we “should” have had enough offense

In Rod's words, he doesn't want the team getting involved in "that crap". It's why you see us turn the other cheek when guys like Trouba run Domi or Jarvis. It's why there's no push back when Kreider knocks Raanta out. It's why Svech goes into a complete shell after concussing Lindholm. The players are taught not to get involved in that and try to win on the scoreboard. Which is good in the regular season, but come the playoffs when hits pile up and frustrations mount, it eventually boils over and effectively slits our throat.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Well I gotta get real here and throw some blame at Rod the bod. He showed zero ability to analyze and adapt to anything. Sure he rode the horses that got him to the regular season but jesus h christ, I asked what was the fascination with Brett Pesce in the pre season and he led all d men in ice time tonight with almost 25 minutes. The times on ice for goals against in a two playoff series might even be a NHL record. I jusut don't have the time to do the research. Pesce was used like an asset when he is a liability. No two ways around it and somebody needs to spell this sheet out for Rod.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I’m not asking for their points man… I’m asking for some fun king sandpaper… we “should” have had enough offense
Unless we change our system against fast teams, we won’t be being a big sandpaper team against them. Its all about positioning.

Reactions: Tryamw

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Look, barring some unexpected development, this team will not have an elite core group. It will just be very good. Very good can win a Cup or get close, but it'll be in the mold of an Anaheim/Washington/St. Louis (a one off). A moment like this is part of the process.

In the short-term, I would like to see the special teams woes addressed externally. This is now 4 playoff runs in a row with a PK that will get run over when facing an elite PP and a PP that doesn't come close to compensating for it. I'm beyond hoping that the guys will magically get it together. This is a roster problem now, imo.

It's becoming pretty evident that, without the Borg acquiring at least one elite scoring threat, we are the 2020s version of the San Jose Sharks.

We'll make the playoffs a lot, no doubt about it, but that's about all you can hope for in the end.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
The one time the New York Times covers hockey on it's Facebook page, and I find this. What a terrible town we are, guys.
Screenshot_20220530-204234.png

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Hey, guys, I don't want to discuss the game (not that kind of guy and I like you guys a lot), but has anyone heard anything on Raanta? He was a really good guy for us and I know he's been huge for you and that looked like a torn groin or ACL.

I am really hoping this is not as bad as it looked, but those non-contact injuries just tend to always be awful . . .
It was pretty f***ing bad watching it live. He went down and just did not move for a few minutes. Given how awful ESPN has been, I dont know what they showed on tv, but he seemed to be in a hell of a lot of pain coming off the ice.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
In Rod's words, he doesn't want the team getting involved in "that crap". It's why you see us turn the other cheek when guys like Trouba run Domi or Jarvis. It's why there's no push back when Kreider knocks Raanta out. It's why Svech goes into a complete shell after concussing Lindholm. The players are taught not to get involved in that and try to win on the scoreboard. Which is good in the regular season, but come the playoffs when hits pile up and frustrations mount, it eventually boils over and effectively slits our throat.
And that’s a major reason why we went 0-6 on the road. A team down 2-0 in a series is going to do that shit to get the crowd in the game and feed off the energy. Once both BOS and NYR realized we weren’t fighting back, it was open season.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It was pretty f***ing bad watching it live. He went down and just did not move for a few minutes. Given how awful ESPN has been, I dont know what they showed on tv, but he seemed to be in a hell of a lot of pain coming off the ice.

As soon as I saw it I said to my wife, "that's an ACL."

Man alive. It looked bad live but the replay really got me. That knee looked like it just collapsed somehow. Really hate to see it :(

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I particularly enjoyed the Rangers fan on the main board that is boasting in the Jarvis thread about how he got hit while explaining that Jarvis was limping to the Carolina bench all in a mention to me. That is in the context of Jarvis having a 99% chance of having a concussion from the hit.

Jarvis for some reason triggers him because somebody made a topic that complimented Jarvis.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Well it was a good run, they vastly exceed my expectations during the regular season. And by the time we got around to the playoffs I thought they looked like an ECF team.

Definitely some changes to be made this off-season, I've said it before and I'll say it again this team doesn't have an identity right now imo. Are they a fast, smart and skilled team? Or a hard work over everything else, even if it means sacrificing some skill team?

I personally think that has to do with parts of the FO and head coach. One group is looking and pushing for high value analytical darlings and the other side is going to go to bat for replacement level, and "gritty" guys like Martinook, Domi, Smith and Cole. All the grit, snarl, yelling in the tunnel, and locker room character in the wold is worth absolutely nothing if they can't put pucks into nets.

They need higher skill depth imo. I honestly believe the SAT line can be the first line on a contender, but they need second and third line upgrades and stop pretending that Jordan Staal is more than a highly overpaid 4th line center.

I think the organization, and ownerships expectations were higher than 2nd round. And depending on how much of this they're willing to pin on Anderson being hurt and having to rely on a backup in the playoffs. If there is a difference of opinion on how to construct this roster we might see which side had Dundons ear the most this off-season. It should be an interesting one for sure.

Have a beautiful summer Hurricanes fans, and always remember they still made it farther than 75% of the league.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I particularly enjoyed the Rangers fan on the main board that is boasting in the Jarvis thread about how he got hit while explaining that Jarvis was limping to the Carolina bench all in a mention to me. That is in the context of Jarvis having a 99% chance of having a concussion from the hit.

Jarvis for some reason triggers him because somebody made a topic that complimented Jarvis.

Which fan was that? I mean, the hit was a good hit but zero need to ever, EVER celebrate an injury to any player. Especially a guy like Jarvis who played clean the entire series.

Sorry for that.

Cormag001

Feb 9, 2019
It was pretty brutal having to sit there and let the Rangers' fans party in our building. I'm sure the players feel the same way. If that doesn't light a fire into you heading into the offseason, I don't know what will.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
The one time the New York Times covers hockey on it's Facebook page, and I find this. What a terrible town we are, guys.View attachment 554080
I fully endorse what Matthew says, and not just because he and I have the same exact name, but because he's right.

Also, if "Carolina" is such an awful hockey town, why do those carpet-bagging f***ers keep moving here? Some big time "the lazy Mexicans are going to come here and steal our jobs!" energy there.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Which fan was that? I mean, the hit was a good hit but zero need to ever, EVER celebrate an injury to any player. Especially a guy like Jarvis who played clean the entire series.

Sorry for that.
"Lays" is his name. He has repeatedly pointed out hits against Jarvis throughout the series while that topic has been up, and since he got called out by people with me being the last one for not being the right place for those posts, he really got butthurt (no other way to say it) and wanted to rub salt in the wound over the series to score imaginary points with a stranger on the internet (me).

The topic is titled, in a cheeky way, Jarvis haunts me. For Lays, that is actually the case apparently.

Also, you are right. Nobody should celebrate a player getting injured. Certainly not to strangers or in a public space.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
"Lays" is his name. He has repeatedly pointed out hits against Jarvis throughout the series while that topic has been up, and since he got called out by people with me being the last one for not being the right place for those posts, he really got butthurt (no other way to say it) and wanted to rub salt in the wound over the series to score imaginary points with a stranger on the internet (me).

The topic is titled, in a cheeky way, Jarvis haunts me. For Lays, that is actually the case apparently.

Also, you are right. Nobody should celebrate a player getting injured. Certainly not to strangers or in a public space.

Let’s be honest the change of boo hoo big bad Tom Wilson got in a scrum and hurt a player who jumped him to Trouba has never had a dirty hit and Reaves and co play clean is the lamest narrative in these playoffs.

Rangers fans showing their true colors which we all knew. Can’t stand that fan base.

Reactions: cptjeff and Sigurd

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I missed the 2nd Period onward as my ‘Flex Time‘ became, ‘You’re needed’

I really wanted to see your Boys against Tampa, with Freddy back. I understand that Raanta was injured & there are probably other events which affected tonight. I’ll be listening to the analysis on my way home.

FWIW, I have had a blast with you folks. You’re good people and great fans which cover the spectrum from mild to crazily passionate, which I love & respect.

Have a great Summer, may the Borg acquire the missing pieces, Rod improve his strategies as a Coach & your prospects take the next step.

0EC550B6-6134-4DC2-8DCE-BE94AF1CE1B2.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad