GDT: RAGNARÖKR CLAN SKOGVAKTARE @ CLAN STORMNING AKA GAME 7 NEW YORK RANGERS @ CAROLINA HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Our Team Shit itself routinely on the road and that is somewhat on the coach..
A “players” coach like Rod has a high impact on the team. When he goes unhinged the rest of the crew follows. This team has had massive discipline issues for the last few years. Although that’s not entirely on Rod, expect better structure from a RBA coached team

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Special consultant
quotation-marks-chris-farley.gif

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
One game away from success season but i think this is decent. Disappointment would be go out in first.

Losing to Tampa, likely in similar fashion, wouldn't have been classified as a success.

Frankly, this may be easier to stomach. At least, we don't have to think about an answer to the question of whether they're ever going to be good enough to beat the best of the best.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
One game away from success season but i think this is decent. Disappointment would be go out in first.
We’re in the same spot we’ve been the past two seasons. At least the last two years were losses against top teams in Boston and Tampa, there is really zero excuse to losing to this Rangers team (a good, but not great team).

If anything, it shows this team isn’t good enough to compete with the best. Definitely not time to “blow it up”, but a significant move or two to shake things up should certainly be in the cards.,

Rompane

Jan 16, 2021
Losing to Tampa, likely in similar fashion, wouldn't have been classified as a success.

Frankly, this may be easier to stomach. At least, we don't have to think about an answer to the question of whether they're ever going to be good enough to beat the best of the best.
I did not really think about Tampa just that getting to the round 3 would have been big but this was not bad.

Reactions: Summer Rose

SethStarvis

Mar 20, 2022
Necas was one of the only players to take time off between the season and Playoffs, so he is likely injured. But he has sucked out loud. He has made dozens of brainless, horrible plays both offensively and defensively. I can't think of one redeeming moment for him the entire Playoffs. I'm hoping they can move him in the off-season because he is incredibly frustrating to watch. All tools and a black-hole for a toolbox.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
What's JW's role with the club nowadays? I think they could use more of his influence.
He's been advising Waddell, but I think putting him behind the bench in some capacity, even part time, would be a good idea. He did a radio hit earlier today where he said he wasn't in the room much. Time for that to change. I don't think it's a coincidence that we went to the conference finals with an inferior roster but with Williams wearing the C.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I concur he's got about 2 more seasons. IMO if he keeps taking us to the playoffs but eventually you need to do more in them and the last 2 Haven't left good tastes in my mouth losing to tampa wasn't the problem it was how we lost..
and this season is We got to 13 straight with the home team winning them all.. We couldn't make 14!!!.

Our Team Shit itself routinely on the road and that is somewhat on the coach..
Yep all of this

I think if shit doesn't turn around Brindy might be asked to step down in 3 years. It's coming close to shit or get off the pot time for him and needing results

Reactions: Summer Rose

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Losing guys like McGinn and foegle over Marty and Bear… we brought In KK and sat him on the fourth line… even when Tro was playing useless… necas shouldn’t get any kind of contract over 1.5 for 3 years
McGinn and Foegele are 4th line LWs. We have those. McGinn is getting 900k more to score 0.2 points per 60.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Yep all of this

I think if shit doesn't turn around Brindy might be asked to step down in 3 years. It's coming close to shit or get off the pot time for him and needing results

These *are* results. Winning a cup is f***ing hard, and he's consistently put us in a place to contend. A coach can only do so much. Ultimately, it's on the players to execute, and I don't know how you can watch things like that turd of a series and think that there's anything the coach can do but stick a cattle prod up the ass of some players.

In the past, we either missed or went deep. Now we're experiencing what it's like to be a consistent playoff team. Playoffs are painful and unpredictable even for the best of teams, and every playoff team ends their season on a loss except for one. We want to win a cup, but to win a cup, a lot of shit has to break your way and you need a special magic in a group of players. Coaches can't force that. And lots of teams that do have those things still fall short, because only one team can win every year.

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
4th f***ing year in a row this team doesn't even put up a fight in our elimination game. 4th f***ing year in a row we go out with a goddamn wimper.

Slavin, Svech, Jarvis. That's the list of untouchable players as far as I'm concerned. Literally everyone else should be considered in a move for an upgrade if possible.

And... Look, at a certain point we have to seriously question what the f*** our coaches are doing. They're making the same goddamn mistakes they made in 2019. The power play is dogshit and we mentally melt the f*** down every year in the playoffs. We play stupid hockey when the stakes ramp up. And our coaches just stress to stay the course. Brindy is not as good of a coach as we think he is, and I have a really bad feeling that it's going to take us way too long to realize it, wasting a lot of our contention window.
The list of untouchables is definitely shorter, but I would include Aho as well. On the fence with Pesce which is a bummer, but Necas…real let down.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Hey, guys, I don't want to discuss the game (not that kind of guy and I like you guys a lot), but has anyone heard anything on Raanta? He was a really good guy for us and I know he's been huge for you and that looked like a torn groin or ACL.

I am really hoping this is not as bad as it looked, but those non-contact injuries just tend to always be awful . . .

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
For heaven's sake..this isn't the end of the world..no need to sh*t on everything that you praise when times are good.
Strawman, my world will go on perfectly fine regardless of how inept the Canes play from here to eternity. Projection much?

Hey, guys, I don't want to discuss the game (not that kind of guy and I like you guys a lot), but has anyone heard anything on Raanta? He was a really good guy for us and I know he's been huge for you and that looked like a torn groin or ACL.

I am really hoping this is not as bad as it looked, but those non-contact injuries just tend to always be awful . . .
Unfortunately no real update. Probably won't figure out for another day or two.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Look, barring some unexpected development, this team will not have an elite core group. It will just be very good. Very good can win a Cup or get close, but it'll be in the mold of an Anaheim/Washington/St. Louis (a one off). A moment like this is part of the process.

In the short-term, I would like to see the special teams woes addressed externally. This is now 4 playoff runs in a row with a PK that will get run over when facing an elite PP and a PP that doesn't come close to compensating for it. I'm beyond hoping that the guys will magically get it together. This is a roster problem now, imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad