Player Discussion Quinn Hughes, Pt. VII

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
1) Not all Americans want to play in America. Kesler loved playing in Vancouver, that is just one of many examples.

Not a great example. Kes didn't like the fan recognition/lack of privacy in the city and demanded a trade to California.

Reactions: DS7

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Not a great example. Kes didn't like the fan recognition/lack of privacy in the city and demanded a trade to California.

After saying he loved the city, and never wanted to leave, he just wanted to play for a contender.

I'm not saying Hughes will never want to leave, I'm just saying I doubt it will be because of the city itself.

Reactions: MarkMM

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
has there ever been 3 brothers on the same team?

Good question. I'm thinking not. It's hard to have three brothers playing in the NHL. The Staal and (likely) Hughes brothers are the only ones I can think of.

There was father with two brothers (Gordie Howe playing with his two sons) in the WHA.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Good question. I'm thinking not. It's hard to have three brothers playing in the NHL. The Staal and (likely) Hughes brothers are the only ones I can think of.

There was father with two brothers (Gordie Howe playing with his two sons) in the WHA.

I think Eric and Jordan played on the same team for maybe a year, that’s it. If Hughes plays with his brothers it’s likely to be him their twilight years, not in their prime.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think Eric and Jordan played on the same team for maybe a year, that’s it. If Hughes plays with his brothers it’s likely to be him their twilight years, not in their prime.

I think the chances are that if Quinn is ever to play with at least one of his brothers he will play with one of his brothers rather than two.

Let's face it, New Jersey had those great teams in the Two Scotts and Brodeur era. But they have had some pretty shitty teams since and New Jersey is the "Armpit of America." It's probably safer to assume that Americans don't want to live in New Jersey rather than the other way around.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
virtanen , Juolevi. Where wound they go in a re draft?
Based on fan reDrafts weve done on this forum the past few summers, Juolevi would most likely be a mid-late 2nd rounder, well Virtanen might go the same, maybe early 2nd, but who knows if anyone would want him now

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Based on fan reDrafts weve done on this forum the past few summers, Juolevi would most likely be a mid-late 2nd rounder, well Virtanen might go the same, maybe early 2nd, but who knows if anyone would want him now

Juolevi should not see anything near the 2nd round.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Some good and some bad Micro stats from his season this year courtesy of Jfresh.

E-y-tccWYAItYHC

E-ynAjpWUAAxqO3

Reactions: John Snow

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Some good and some bad Micro stats from his season this year courtesy of Jfresh.

E-y-tccWYAItYHC

E-ynAjpWUAAxqO3
Suprised to see Mcavoy Heiskanen Chabot and Werenski that low on the second chart there as well ya Kinger

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC

I think the Sutter family had six of them playing in the NHL at one point, and two of them played for the Blues with a third coaching.

Reactions: F A N and Lindgren

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think the Sutter family had six of them playing in the NHL at one point, and two of them played for the Blues with a third coaching.

Didn't those three Miller brothers play in the NHL? Not sure if they ever played on the same team. Ryan Miller is part of that Miller family.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Don't forget the Stastny brothers (Marian, Peter, Anton)....all on the same line (and NHLers Yan and Paul are Peter Stastny's kids).

cut.jpg

edit: I see I missed a post where they were mentioned. Oh well. Mine has a picture!

Last edited:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

revenge season incoming

Someone may wanna tell Jackie not to get the NHL network. Cuz his brother can’t defend worth shit. “ELITE defenders” hahahahaha. He’s fun to watch because he’s willing to take chances at the expense of playing defense.

Jacks a dummy. So QH is the victim of being in a bad team? If he’s elite why can’t he be good enough to make the team not bad? So he’s elite but can only play on a great team? Lol.

how does Jack explain his baby bro being 2nd worst in the entire NHL at winning puck battles? Is that because his team mates too?

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Someone may wanna tell Jackie not to get the NHL network. Cuz his brother can’t defend worth shit. “ELITE defenders” hahahahaha. He’s fun to watch because he’s willing to take chances at the expense of playing defense.

Jacks a dummy. So QH is the victim of being in a bad team? If he’s elite why can’t he be good enough to make the team not bad? So he’s elite but can only play on a great team? Lol.

how does Jack explain his baby bro being 2nd worst in the entire NHL at winning puck battles? Is that because his team mates too?

You have to understand that Quinn Hughes is a sophomore NHL player playing with different defensive partners who all in all aren’t considered strong NHL players…… you do realize he is a sophomore NHL player playing with different partners right??? Right?????

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
You have to understand that Quinn Hughes is a sophomore NHL player playing with different defensive partners who all in all aren’t considered strong NHL players…… you do realize he is a sophomore NHL player playing with different partners right??? Right?????

Sure do. So let’s call him that. Let’s call him a sophomore player they cannot play well without a very good player beside him. Let’s call him a young player who’s a work in progress.

Stop with the “Elite” bull shit. He’s not that.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Don't think it's out of line to say that Hughes has elite potential but didn't have an elite year, and yes, a lack of defensive structure and bad/inconsistent partners definitely doesn't help, but also fair to point out that he has to be accountable for his own lack of performance. He probably is honest enough to know that himself.

Reactions: sting101

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
Don't forget the Stastny brothers (Marian, Peter, Anton)....all on the same line (and NHLers Yan and Paul are Peter Stastny's kids).

cut.jpg

edit: I see I missed a post where they were mentioned. Oh well. Mine has a picture!

The Stastnys were the best three brother combo to play together consistently, although for a few years in the 1970s the Blues regularly dressed Barclay, Bill and Bob Plager—all brothers and all defensemen.

Everything else has been mostly a novelty, I think, like when Carolina put out Jared Staal for a few games in 2013 to play with Eric and Jordan. Or when Chicago brought up Reg Bentley in the 1940s for a short bit to play on a line with his two future Hall of Fame brothers Max and Doug.

Reactions: tantalum

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Have you folks ever looked at the breakdown of the 5 on 5 goals against Hughes depending on the score?

Because in the lead he’s -2, within one he’s -5, and trailing he’s -16.

He’s getting scored on when his bad team is behind chasing the game. Again I don’t think this kid is prime Duncan Keith but he’s not awful and a lot of the numbers are circumstantial. He will always be small but I don’t see him as a guy who doesn’t know what he’s doing, he’s a guy that was asked to do a lot for a bad team and he suffered for it.

And for context his number one partner when trailing is Tyler Myers ie the player even the biggest homers choose as the first guy the team needs to get rid of.

XBS93

Jan 21, 2019
I think the chances are that if Quinn is ever to play with at least one of his brothers he will play with one of his brothers rather than two.

Let's face it, New Jersey had those great teams in the Two Scotts and Brodeur era. But they have had some pretty shitty teams since and New Jersey is the "Armpit of America." It's probably safer to assume that Americans don't want to live in New Jersey rather than the other way around.

New Jersey has the 3rd highest per capita income, highest average income and is the 5th most educated state. It is not remotely "Armpit of America". People that actually believe that are completely clueless.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
New Jersey has the 3rd highest per capita income, highest average income and is the 5th most educated state. It is not remotely "Armpit of America". People that actually believe that are completely clueless.
NJ gets a bad wrap as Hollywood's punchline. In truth, it's full of pricey commuter suburbs to NYC and Philly. Also home to pharmaceutical giants like Merck, J&J, Celgene and Bayer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad