Rumor: Prospect Matteau Jr article on RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Couldn't be more off based but that's ok, since he's one of our own, we'll just brush off the fact that he pulled a tantrum on the bench, didn't like the decision of him getting benched by his HC when he was told MULTIPLE TIMES to stay "in line" and took the "fan bus" instead of the team plane immediatly after the game instead of the following morning, wich was offered by that raging dick head Bouchard.

Again, if that was Kris Kreider pulling the same ****, 99% of this board would be laughing at the misfortune of the Rags.

Are we sure it was the team plane? And I thought the plane would take off the next day and not the same night, that's why Matteau took the fan buss instead, cause he didn't want to wait.

Edit: Might have misinterpreted the part you wrote about taking the bus/plane immediately after. I dunno, hah.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Are we sure it was the team plane? And I thought the plane would take off the next day and not the same night, that's why Matteau took the fan buss instead, cause he didn't want to wait.

Edit: Might have misinterpreted the part you wrote about taking the bus/plane immediately after. I dunno, hah.

That's exactly right.

He was offered to take the team plane, with his teamates, the following morning but decided to hop on the "fan bus" the night of the incident.

To me, it just sounds like a kid pulling a tantrum and going about his own business instead of sticking with his teamates, regardless of the the decision that was made by the coaching staff and Gm.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Don't even bother guys, you can't have a rational discussion.

Go troll someone else, since I'm not the only one with this POV. I guess your POV is more valid for reasons that are still unknown.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Go troll someone else, since I'm not the only one with this POV. I guess your POV is more valid for reasons that are still unknown.

All you do is repeat the same thing in as many words as possible, ad nauseum.

And then what new facts do trickle out, you twist around into your distorted view and assume EVERYONE else must be wrong and EVERYONE else would be things totally different if completely unrelated scenarios (i.e., if this was another team's prospect).

Your point of view is valid. I often agree with you. But the way you condescend to everyone is unbearable. You cannot admit when you even the tiniest bit wrong or when we have no clue what the facts are. You then go on to make sweeping generalizations and shove words in everyone's mouths which just furthers this cycle.

This thread is full of people having rational discussion about the positive AND negative of the situation. Except you. You are 100% right about everything and downright combative with people.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
That's exactly right.

He was offered to take the team plane, with his teamates, the following morning but decided to hop on the "fan bus" the night of the incident.

To me, it just sounds like a kid pulling a tantrum and going about his own business instead of sticking with his teamates, regardless of the the decision that was made by the coaching staff and Gm.

Strange situation indeed. I'm not too worried though, Matteau always seemed like he had his head on straight when he was with the big club. Obviously it would of been best if this never occurred. Feels like the truth lies somewhere in between the two stories, Matteau vs GM Armada. We'll see how he does in the AHL next season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I suppose DATW has to be told for the tenth time that Matteau had 'already' been thrown off the team when he opted to skip the team flight. Who gives a **** if he was with his former team after he'd already been bounced? Of all the things to get on him for, that ain't one.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

All you do is repeat the same thing in as many words as possible, ad nauseum.

And then what new facts do trickle out, you twist around into your distorted view and assume EVERYONE else must be wrong and EVERYONE else would be things totally different if completely unrelated scenarios (i.e., if this was another team's prospect).

Your point of view is valid. I often agree with you. But the way you condescend to everyone is unbearable. You cannot admit when you even the tiniest bit wrong or when we have no clue what the facts are. You then go on to make sweeping generalizations and shove words in everyone's mouths which just furthers this cycle.

This thread is full of people having rational discussion about the positive AND negative of the situation. Except you. You are 100% right about everything and downright combative with people.

Not true... I'll be the first one to raise my hand and say "my bad" when I **** up (like yesterday for example when I didn't properly read a portion of a article) but you don't realise it cause you're too busy trying to analyse my posts.

And for the record, I am right most of the time, thanks for noticing... it's just that it takes you a couple of months to realise what I'm trying to say. It's funny how I always keep the same arguments, get crap for it... only to have several posters change their POV's on something I've been pushing down peoples throats for years.

Anyways, I'm not here to please you as a reader, I just post what I think and that's that.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I suppose DATW has to be told for the tenth time that Matteau had 'already' been thrown off the team when he opted to skip the team flight. Who gives a **** if he was with his former team after he'd already been bounced? Of all the things to get on him for, that ain't one.

I don't care if he took the fan bus, the plane, his running shoes, a ferry or went home horseback riding.

My point is that you stick with your teamates threw think and thin and the fact that he got kicked off the team is THE ONLY POINT that really matters here... the rest is just insult to injury.

Again, you don't have to agree with what I'm saying but the fact of the matter is this... he got kicked off a team for his lack of discipline and that's never a good sign. Can he change and do I think he has a future with our team if he get's his **** together, ABSOLUTELY, but that isn't the topic we're talking about here.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
you lost me, champ…but I enjoyed your parable regardless :laugh: 10/10

Like I said yesterday, I don't think this is going to ruin his career or anything but it certainly is some mental lapse on his part.

Most kids have jobs at 18, and it might not seem like one to him which is props to his ability on the ice but he might need to view it as such from now on, and when they get fired for not liking their bosses it isn't ok then and this isn't ok now.

Do what you're told, even if it isn't fair. Hopefully he learns eventually.

ryangib

May 4, 2009
I don't care if he took the fan bus, the plane, his running shoes, a ferry or went home horseback riding.

My point is that you stick with your teamates threw think and thin and the fact that he got kicked off the team is THE ONLY POINT that really matters here... the rest is just insult to injury.

If you got fired from your job, are those people still your coworkers? How are they his teammates anymore if he got kicked off the team?

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

Again, you don't have to agree with what I'm saying but the fact of the matter is this... he got kicked off a team for his lack of discipline and that's never a good sign. Can he change and do I think he has a future with our team if he get's his **** together, ABSOLUTELY, but that isn't the topic we're talking about here.

Get kicked off team.
Leave asap.
Get flack because you didn't hang out with team after.

The "rest" you speak of just happens to be the part where you're grilling him for not hanging around like a lost puppy dog and kissing his teammates goodbye on the cheek and staying around to ride home on the plane with the very ass that just kicked you off the team. Yes, he should have stayed as close as possible to that disaster of a situation.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
this whole discussion is just stupid.

personally, i think the coach probably should've made a better decision in the sense that he should've understood where matteau was coming from. will we ever know what words were said between the two in the locker room? probably not. was matteau being a total idiot to the coach? who knows. i'm pretty sure if any person was present, there are valid reasons for both parties.

i think that the situation could've been handled better by all of them, and i'm sure getting speared in the balls and getting a penalty (when it should've been matching), having the team kill your penalty, score a goal, and get benched for the rest of the game would really suck. i feel for matteau - i really do. at the same time, i understand that the coach probably had to make an example of matteau, assuming some words were said in the locker room that were undermining to the coach, or perhaps personal jabs at him said in anger, which of course is valid reason to get him kicked off the team.

either way, the argument stops there. whichever way he chose to act after being kicked off the time is irrelevant and totally dependent on how he felt after being kicked off - clearly he was not happy with the decision, but i don't know if many people would be willing to graciously take a flight from the people who just fired you

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
either way, the argument stops there. whichever way he chose to act after being kicked off the time is irrelevant and totally dependent on how he felt after being kicked off - clearly he was not happy with the decision, but i don't know if many people would be willing to graciously take a flight from the people who just fired you

Don't worry. His time in the Foreign Legion will teach him the discipline he needs. When you're fighting pirates in Somalia, you grow up quick.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Get kicked off team.
Leave asap.
Get flack because you didn't hang out with team after.

The "rest" you speak of just happens to be the part where you're grilling him for not hanging around like a lost puppy dog and kissing his teammates goodbye on the cheek and staying around to ride home on the plane with the very ass that just kicked you off the team. Yes, he should have stayed as close as possible to that disaster of a situation.

That "disaster of a situation" was created by Matteau himself and no one else. I don't feel bad for the kid one second and he got what he deserved.

How many times did the organisation have to tell him that if stepped over that boundary, he was going to get wacked with yet another suspension. He was on thin ice to being with and wasn't able to control his emotions (regardless if he had a case to wack the opposing player or not), AGAIN, so he got the boot. It's really not that complicated. I would agree with everyone here, especially Cowbell :naughty:, if it was a one time incident but that's not the case at all.

There's no one else to blame here but the player IMO. I just don't know how we can call out a coach for benching one of his "star" players because his player failed to follow certain team rules that were broken several times prior to this incident.

That coach actually has a massive pair of nuts to bench Matteau, when taken into consideration that his team is in the middle of the 2nd round of the playoffs with his club down 1-0 in that best of 7 series, at the time of the "incident".

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
That coach actually has a massive pair of nuts to bench Matteau, when taken into consideration that his team is in the middle of the 2nd round of the playoffs with his club down 1-0 in that best of 7 series, at the time of the "incident".

enough to make up for the lack that matteau didn't have after getting speared? :sarcasm: sorry i couldn't resist

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
If Matteau got speared in the balls and is in trouble for retaliation, that's fine. He's just a kid, he'll learn to control his temper as he gets older.

Now if he has a major attitude problem, that's a different story and a cause for concern.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
******* I wish we were playoff bound... pages of ******** when there's nothing more important to focus on.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008

I suspect you'd think differently if it were PDB benching Zubrus for a similar altercation in the 2nd round.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If Matteau got speared in the balls and is in trouble for retaliation, that's fine. He's just a kid, he'll learn to control his temper as he gets older.

Now if he has a major attitude problem, that's a different story and a cause for concern.

Yeah I'd say this incident was more like an excuse they were looking for to come down on him. The problem was brewing before that though.

DevilChuk*

That's exactly right.

You still choosing to just blatantly ignore the facts?

It wasn't the team plane. He was kicked off the team and the team offered to get him a plane ride home the next morning. Instead, he chose to take the fan bus home immediately.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

You still choosing to just blatantly ignore the facts?

It wasn't the team plane. He was kicked off the team and the team offered to get him a plane ride home the next morning. Instead, he chose to take the fan bus home immediately.

Again, the fact that he took a donkey to head back home isn't the alarming point in all of this.

It's the fact that he got kicked off a team that is right in the middle of their playoff run. Why is that sooooooo hard to understand, I have no clue.

That's the MAIN issue here, nothing else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad