Rumor: Prospect Matteau Jr article on RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The height of irony :laugh:

Apparently the fans got into fights in the parking lot too lol

Last edited:

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007
The height of irony :laugh:

Apparently the fans got into fights in the parking lot too lol

Pathetic. It's a youth league. Yeah I'm stretching the definition a bit, but not much.

That's why you have to take this stuff with a grain of salt.

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
Pathetic. It's a youth league. Yeah I'm stretching the definition a bit, but not much.

That's why you have to take this stuff with a grain of salt.

I see this as the equivalent in the US of fans fighting over a high school football game in a state like Texas. Still...it's pathetic. Way to teach sportsmanship to these kids...

DevilChuk*

All Matteau's fault

Hahahahaha seriously?

What was that about not tolerating these sort of actions again, Bouchard?

Looks like he was doing a great job controlling everyone's tempers.. crazy that Matteau would ever do such things under his watch :laugh:

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
well that coach looks like a massive idiot now.

it's really starting to look like bouchard tried to make an example of matteau one too many times, elder matteau got pissed at him about it, and so he decided to show him by kicking his son off the team. i'm not worried about matteau at all, he didn't show any kind of discipline issues while he was with the big club.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Talk about obscure Devils. Anyone remember that Joel Bouchard actually played for us? One game on January 26th 2002 a 2-2 tie in Minnesota. He apparently recorded an assist in this game too. I think this was also the last game Larry coached for us during his first head coaching stint. 70 games for the Albany River Rats in 01-02 also.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
That nonsense definitely makes Matteau look much better now.

how so? I could see it being spun like that just as easily as I could see it spun as matteau is a major distraction that led to this circus, and they are clearly playing better without him

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
how so? I could see it being spun like that just as easily as I could see it spun as matteau is a major distraction that led to this circus, and they are clearly playing better without him

So a player that hasn't been there in 2 games caused a bench clearing brawl? I think that's a very hard thing to spin.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 9m
According to source, a dozen players to be suspended for end of game antics last night between #Armada & #Drakkar. Teams notified.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

So a player that hasn't been there in 2 games caused a bench clearing brawl? I think that's a very hard thing to spin.

Maybe not, but they did win their last 2 games to even up the series without his services.

On a more comical note, Joel Bouchard got ran over by the Montreal media today for acting like Jeff Van Gundy when trying to hold onto Alonzo's leg in that "scrap" years ago. The guy was on the ice when the brawl was going down, barking orders for his players to head back in the room.

The guy is such a tool, it's not even funny. He thinks that because he owns a team and has to have his hands in everything regarding his club that he can act like he's everyone's "dad" to whoever plays in his rink.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ

How about Cedric Paquette taunting the Baie-Comeau player? If Bouchard wants to preach class and get rid of this nonsense, this makes him look foolish.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

i was really asking a question, im curious. to me, words were had that set off this brawl. and you'd be blind to not think the matteau situation hasnt bled over onto the ice. i agree that it may have had nothing to do with it, but it also may have. to be fair, i havent seen the clip, that kinda **** disgusts me. im just going on what I've read (not on HF!!!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad