Rumor: Prospect Matteau Jr article on RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

The two games they lost with him were on the road. Both teams are great at home. Let's see how they do without him in the long run and not base it on two home games won.

I'm not saying that the main and only reason they've won their 2 games is caused he's out of the lineup and that the main and only reaons they were down 2 games in their best of 7 series is directly linked with "slashmaggee" Matteau.

;)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The two games they lost with him were on the road. Both teams are great at home. Let's see how they do without him in the long run and not base it on two home games won.

Yeah, and they coasted through the first two rounds of the playoffs with Matteau, let's take it easy with this whole cause and effect nonsense re: winning two tight games at home after losing two tight games on the road.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 9m
According to source, a dozen players to be suspended for end of game antics last night between #Armada & #Drakkar. Teams notified.

The rest of the series should be interesting with so many player suspended. Definitely will be chippy.

Meme incoming: Matteau's fault.

No, no. It will always be Marty's fault.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 15m
Stephane Matteau, an assistant coach with Blainville, said Stefan made "a mistake", but way he was treated by team was "unfair."

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 14m
Stephane felt Stefan was "set as an example because he played for the Devils for two months " I'll have more on blog shortly.

will be an interesting read.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

With that comment, I guess it's fair to say that Stéphane won't be coaching in Blainville next year :laugh:

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Bottomline of all this is Stefan is a hothead?

Both parties ****ed up.

Stefan didn't keep his cool and put his team in a rough spot and Joel Bouchard is a total ****** bag who thinks he's as important as Maurice "the Rocket" Richard when it comes to hockey in Montreal.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

or he takes over for the coach that gets canned.

Not with Joel Bouchard running things.

The guy has his nose in every single aspect of that organisation. He's the owner, Gm, was a coach when he got the team to Blainville, equipement guy, janitor (custodian :sarcasm:), cheerleader, etc...

As long as he's in charge, I don't think I'll attend another game of theirs... he's just a royal ******.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Both parties ****ed up.

Stefan didn't keep his cool and put his team in a rough spot and Joel Bouchard is a total ****** bag who thinks he's as important as Maurice "the Rocket" Richard when it comes to hockey in Montreal.

Y'know, I can see where they were coming from. But I really don't care.

As long as Stefan wasn't way out of line, this is all a big non-issue. If anything I like that Matteau is playing with an edge.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...d_fairly_by_junior_team_father_stephane_says/

The Armada was going to have Stefan fly home the day after he was released. Stephane said it was his idea that they ride back on the fan bus that night rather than wait until the next day to fly home.

Stephane did not coach the rest of the playoff series, which the Armada lost in six games, and is unsure if he’ll be returning to the team next season.

“Personally, what I didn’t like was it coming out in the paper and that they had a big press conference. I’m their co-worker and they came out and they made a big scene. They don’t even do that in the pros. To separate a kid from the others like that, I thought it was unfair and still today I’m choked (up) because I don’t agree with what they did.”

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Full article with lots of quotes is up.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...d_fairly_by_junior_team_father_stephane_says/

Stephane did not coach the rest of the playoff series, which the Armada lost in six games, and is unsure if he’ll be returning to the team next season.

“The reason why Stef Jr. went to that program last year was because I was so proud of how we handle all situations. We talk to all the kids who have problems and all the kids who were just kids. And with Stef, he could not be sick, he could not be hurt, he could not express himself verbally because, ‘You were in the show, don’t show off. Don’t be pouty.’ It was not a good fit. I don’t have any regrets that he went there because we learned a lot, but it was a big test for all of us.â€

There’s a lot worse cases than that in any organization that you have players (that are not released) – I don’t want to go into detail - but (Stefan was released) for just a shouting match.

“I’m hoping that if he doesn’t make the Devils, he’ll go to Albany, but it’s out of my control,†Stephane said. âœOnly the Devils will decide that.â€

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Well then.. good thing this kid was dragged through the mud for something that doesn't even seem like it was his doing..

Well he did pull a "Ryan White" and wacked some guy in the leg with a 2 hand chop but the organisation tried to look like they were in the pro's and it drastically backfired on Bouchard.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Well he did pull a "Ryan White" and wacked some guy in the leg with a 2 hand chop but the organisation tried to look like they were in the pro's and it drastically backfired on Bouchard.

Was it a dumb retailtory penalty, sure? But was it enough to get benched for an entire period, no.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Well that does sound pretty bad. Eff that team.

Kid was probably going to play in Albany next year anyway right?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Well that does sound pretty bad. Eff that team.

Kid was probably going to play in Albany next year anyway right?

I'd imagine that would've been best for his development.

He is physically dominant in the Q, the AHL he'd have to work on the pro-style of the game. He's a big body that will likely play a game like Zubrus, and it was evident this year that he still has the "little things" to learn that he will learn in the AHL. He won't be able to dominate physically in the AHL, improving his game.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Was it a dumb retailtory penalty, sure? But was it enough to get benched for an entire period, no.

The benching, to me, was justified... maybe harsh but justified. He was told time and time again not to take dumb penalties and that's exactly what he did... even if he got a "love tap" in the junk.

You can't give anyone a free pass, let it be a star player or a 4th liner at the junior level.

The overblown effect after the game was the only thing I didn't like from the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad