Rumor: Prospect Matteau Jr article on RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Juniors can be a joke.

Matteau play a great style of hockey and I want him in Albany next year anyways.

At the least Stefan should be a very good, physical, hit and shoot kind of third liner at least.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
Juniors is a place where players are suspended for hits that would be legal (and celebrated even) in the NHL. I'm of the opinion Matteau should at least be in Albany next season, so he can actually learn and develop his game further.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
It's a little funny (in a morbid sense) to think that a kid like Matteau can still be a victim to bullying, in a sense. All in all, it's good to know that this was more of a supreme ****-up on all accounts than a serious character flaw. I think Matteau would really benefit from a no-nonsense environment in Albany or Newark.

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
By the sound of the Gulitti article, it sounds like Matteau wasn't being treated the same as the rest of his teammates by the coaches. Bouchard was putting Matteau on a pedestal and expecting him to be his golden boy while other players were getting away with all sorts of things that would get Matteau in trouble with the boss for not being perfect. Makes sense that he was frustrated enough to get into a shouting match.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Ya, it does not seem like they thought that decision through. Whatever, Matteau will be better served in the AHL next season anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad