Prospect Info: Prokhor Poltapov, F (33rd overall, 2021) CSKA Moskva (KHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Thanks! It looked pretty bad in the replay.
Unfortunately I did not watch today's match, but also he was not asked in an interview about this moment or about his knee, well, he seemed to be standing normally, it was not noticeable that he was in pain or something like that.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
And another one. Jesus, Ive never seen an NHL prospect literally stand still, and he's done it twice. Is this typical? Or is he injured?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
And another one. Jesus, Ive never seen an NHL prospect literally stand still, and he's done it twice. Is this typical? Or is he injured?
He got hit in the knee last game, but mostly he looks a bit lazy in this league. Look at Skinner though, he doesn't play defense. Fiala is generally not the best defensive player either.

Reactions: truthbluth

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

From my experience, he's more interested in contact along the boards and play in the other end of the rink. He reminds me of plenty of junior players in the CHL over the years who are just not thinking about what to do in the d-zone.

And yeah, he took a major knee a couple games back that seems to have him a little less spritely than normal.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I see they took Lokomotiv's 2nd goal off the board due to a kick so Poltapov's iffy defensive commitment on the chance is just a moment in the game rather than impacting the score at that time.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That last shift is pretty indicative of his offensive zone game - pursuit, creates a turnover that he gathers in and then works the puck to an open area while creating space for a teammate to step into, delivers the puck and it's nearly a goal.

Reactions: Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Two assists in a 4-3 OT loss to SKA today in game one of the MHL final. Michkov went 1-1-2 for SKA.
Chibrikov stud.

I'm wondering this Adams scout only reported on the Moscow teams because they missed Svechkov and Chibrikov.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Chibrikov stud.

I'm wondering this Adams scout only reported on the Moscow teams because they missed Svechkov and Chibrikov.

Svechkov probably got overscouted. Because I’m sure you recall I was banging the drum of “draft this kid” all last year.

Plus it seems like other than Power, they were looking at “4-5 years from now they might be in the mix”.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Svechkov probably got overscouted. Because I’m sure you recall I was banging the drum of “draft this kid” all last year.

Plus it seems like other than Power, they were looking at “4-5 years from now they might be in the mix”.
Well, I meant that they chose Poltapov, Kisakov, Sardaryan and Novikov who are from Moscow, I wonder why they didn’t pay attention to Chibrikov.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Well, I meant that they chose Poltapov, Kisakov, Sardaryan and Novikov who are from Moscow, I wonder why they didn’t pay attention to Chibrikov.
They may have watched Chibrikov also. If memory serves I believe Poltapov is a much more physical player, and perhaps they simply felt his skillset might translate better in the NHL. Skilled wingers with some jam to their game are always nice to have. Poltapov was also considered better defensively where Chibrikov could kind of float and try to cheat the zone far more often.

Reactions: Slangston

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
They may have watched Chibrikov also. If memory serves I believe Poltapov is a much more physical player, and perhaps they simply felt his skillset might translate better in the NHL. Skilled wingers with some jam to their game are always nice to have. Poltapov was also considered better defensively where Chibrikov could kind of float and try to cheat the zone far more often.

I know these players very well, especially Chibrikov, he is no worse than Poltapov, and I think he is better. I would definitely take him instead of Kisakov, for this Adams only had to go up in the draft a few positions.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His assist is at 1:55:40 - splits the defense while driving the middle, then winds up being knocked into the goalie. His teammates follows to collect the puck in the corner, feeds him in the front and he redirects back to his other linemate for the finish.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Looks like we'll get to see how he performs in an elimination game when next he facesoff against SKA.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
MHL finals finale is set to start in 15 minutes. Poltapov is tied for fifth in playoff scoring overall going into today's game (18 gp, 7-11-18). He leads his team in scoring as well thus far.

Reactions: jmelm

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
CBA question

If Poltapov gets conscripted and dies in the war, do we get any compensatory draft pick? Are we out of luck, or is this like when an NCAA player does not sign where we get a compensatory pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad