Prospect Info: Prokhor Poltapov, F (33rd overall, 2021) CSKA Moskva (KHL)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
CBA question

If Poltapov gets conscripted and dies in the war, do we get any compensatory draft pick? Are we out of luck, or is this like when an NCAA player does not sign where we get a compensatory pick?

Bleak take.

Since he is not a first round pick, there is no compensation for selections not signed in the CBA.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Shoot your shot lol

He's far from ready. Just judging on MHL games, Kisakov, while significantly smaller, is the more dedicated defensive player and is more engaged all over the ice. Poltapov is going to need time to round out a more complete game and also to get bigger/stronger just as much as Kisakov or Rosen do, even if he has a mass advantage. I'm curious to hear if he did hurt his knee earlier in the playoffs and played through it, as his game wasn't as crisp as the finals wound down. He was held pointless in the final 2 games, including today's 3-2 loss.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I wasn't trying to make a joke. I am legit curious if this scenario is even in the CBA

Only 1st round picks can get compensatory picks, which would be the same pick 1 round later.

The Rangers got a comp pick after Alexei Cherepanov died, so there is precedent. But he was a 1st round pick, and Poltapov wasn't, so it's moot.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He’s signed through 2025 right? I wasn’t going to bother thinking about him for a few years anyway.

Reactions: Chainshot

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I wasn’t going to bother thinking about him for a few years anyway.

Better to have lower expectations for timing I suppose. If he comes over at 23, it just means he'll be much more likely to step in right away without AHL seasoning anyway. So I'll try not to lose hope here. As long as he's in a good situation and producing well.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Safe to assume he'll play in the KHL full time next year?

He had a strong playoff run after being sent back down but I'm not sure he graduates to the KHL full time. He still seems to need to be introduced to his side of the redline in my viewings.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Flyers goalie apparently was sent to a penal unit in the Arctic

https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/st...ssian-authorities-arrest-flyers-goalie?page=2

NO drafting Russians. Period

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
We can take the Russians who are already playing in the junior Canadian leagues, like the same Mintyukov. Again, Fedotov is a separate case, I don’t think that other players will also be drafted into the army.

Feel terribly for these players...

Anyway, yes to drafting Mintyukov please :nod:

RhinoFan

May 28, 2016
We can take the Russians who are already playing in the junior Canadian leagues, like the same Mintyukov. Again, Fedotov is a separate case, I don’t think that other players will also be drafted into the army.
What makes you think this out of curiosity? Not trying to be a jerk at all, it's just that some have already been drafted, so I figured this was a real threat at this point.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
What makes you think this out of curiosity? Not trying to be a jerk at all, it's just that some have already been drafted, so I figured this was a real threat at this point.
There are several theories, but it is not clear which one is true. I think players like Yurov, Miro or Trikozov are not in danger, they are not from the CSKA system and they have nothing to do with Ufa, especially since they are still too young.

Kuzmenko just calmly left and signed a contract with Vancouver and there were no problems.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

As best as anyone not in Russia can tell, it's the CSKA players that are at risk for mandatory service. It's a bit fuzzy beyond that......but the Russian government seems to be staying away from players NOT in the CSKA system.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
As best as anyone not in Russia can tell, it's the CSKA players that are at risk for mandatory service. It's a bit fuzzy beyond that......but the Russian government seems to be staying away from players NOT in the CSKA system.
Not exactly, I think that none of the CSKA players will serve anymore, here is some kind of separate case. No one else was taken away, although they could easily have been. But still, just in case, I probably would not take players from the CSKA system in this draft. But Yurov, Miro and Trikozov are not from the CSKA system.

RhinoFan

May 28, 2016
There are several theories, but it is not clear which one is true. I think players like Yurov, Miro or Trikozov are not in danger, they are not from the CSKA system and they have nothing to do with Ufa, especially since they are still too young.

Kuzmenko just calmly left and signed a contract with Vancouver and there were no problems.
Interesting, I didn't know it was mostly connected to CSKA. Thank you for the explaination!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad