Prospect Info: Prokhor Poltapov, F (33rd overall, 2021) CSKA Moskva (KHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Stud

First game of the second round of the playoffs against Loko, two assists, completely made the third goal.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Stud

First game of the second round of the playoffs against Loko, two assists, completely made the third goal.

Good to hear. I may scan the Youtube of the stream later. I know SKA is stomping Kisakov 3-0 going into the third.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Starts by the left wall at the blueline, drives the middle and dishes back to the left faceoff dot while continuing to the net.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Perhaps Poltapov is a little lazy in defense, but he is always creative and dangerous in attack. Reminds me a lot of Kevin Fiala.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Perhaps Poltapov is a little lazy in defense, but he is always creative and dangerous in attack. Reminds me a lot of Kevin Fiala.

He seems pretty disengaged in his own zone unless the puck is skittering near him and then the wheels go. I think Kisakov is better in his own zone and that's why Kisakov gets PK time. They are such different players though.

Reactions: Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
He seems pretty disengaged in his own zone unless the puck is skittering near him and then the wheels go. I think Kisakov is better in his own zone and that's why Kisakov gets PK time. They are such different players though.
It could also be league level, he wouldn't dare play like that if he was in the KHL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Rewinding the stream to see what's up in today's game, noticed he took a massive knee from Perevalov in the corner and had to be helped off. Perevalov got a major and a game misconduct. He did come back just a short time later to pick up an assist so not sure if it's just a charley horse or what.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Now that everyone leaves KHL our prospects will likely have an easier route to playing there.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Given the situation there, will the prospects be allowed to leave Russia?

Or is this a wasted draft pick?
You can expect anything, but in any case, we did not expect them in the next 1-2 years, and what will happen then is unknown.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Given the situation there, will the prospects be allowed to leave Russia?

Or is this a wasted draft pick?
You can flee from Russia easily but it depends on how we will handle russian refugees in europe. My guess is that only political refugees/activists will be accepted but you never know.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I know Russian players when they do leave have to buy out their existing KHL contracts. Might the declining value of the ruble might help some of them to get out of their contracts?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I know Russian players when they do leave have to buy out their existing KHL contracts. Might the declining value of the ruble might help some of them to get out of their contracts?
I doubt it. I think the Russian players will not go anywhere, as there will be few foreign players or there will be none at all.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

He for one is signed for a few more years and there really isn't a drive to have anyone depart for hockey purposes at this time. We don't know how long the situation will persist.

As for right now, I'm wondering how his leg is after taking that knee. He hobbled off with assistance, then the officials reviewed the call which gave him time to be tended to and then he returned early in the PP to get an assist. But he was visibly shuffling his feet when he was pushing off later in the game, it wasn't his usual stride IMO. They may have given him a shot to numb it up but man, his knee flexed in a way that made me wince watching it.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
He for one is signed for a few more years and there really isn't a drive to have anyone depart for hockey purposes at this time. We don't know how long the situation will persist.

As for right now, I'm wondering how his leg is after taking that knee. He hobbled off with assistance, then the officials reviewed the call which gave him time to be tended to and then he returned early in the PP to get an assist. But he was visibly shuffling his feet when he was pushing off later in the game, it wasn't his usual stride IMO. They may have given him a shot to numb it up but man, his knee flexed in a way that made me wince watching it.
I am now watching his video interview after today's game, everything seems to be fine with him. He was not even asked about this moment and how his knee was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad