Prospect Info: Prokhor Poltapov, F (33rd overall, 2021) CSKA Moskva (KHL)

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I understand the enthusiasm and I think he can be a good NHL player eventually. I can assure you that he will not be guaranteed an NHL roster spot especially in his first North American season. I'm not sure if a trade would be that helpful to him either. I'm not looking to put you down and I really like the player and hope that we can get him to come over next year.
I don't think it's a guaranteed NHL slot, but there should probably be a chance to get there right away next season. We have no idea what the roster will be next season, or if Adams will extend his UFAs, for example, or how many potential spots there are for prospects.

I know his team really wants to extend his contract, and they're a tough team when it comes to all of these issues.

Kaprizov didn't come to the NHL right away either.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If he has a big production year and his arrival is contingent on playing in the nhl, I wonder if he becomes a trade piece

With the lack of transfer agreement, they don’t lose his rights. They could use him in trade or just continue to wait on his arrival. If Poltapov is thinking about how guys like Panarin or Kaprizov took a while, it might still be a few more years out before he jumps.

Reactions: jc17 and Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
With the lack of transfer agreement, they don’t lose his rights. They could use him in trade or just continue to wait in his arrival. If Poltapov is thinking about how guys like Panarin or Kaprizov took a while, it might still be a few more years out before he jumps.
I would also like to note that at the time when Panarin (it was a long time ago) and Kaprizov (a little later) left, it was easier to leave, now the situation in the world is a little different and there has already been a precedent (Fedotov).

Reactions: Chainshot

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I don't think it's a guaranteed NHL slot, but there should probably be a chance to get there right away next season. We have no idea what the roster will be next season, or if Adams will extend his UFAs, for example, or how many potential spots there are for prospects.

I know his team really wants to extend his contract, and they're a tough team when it comes to all of these issues.

Kaprizov didn't come to the NHL right away either.
That's why I hope he comes over and shoots his shot. If he signs a 3 or 4 year deal in the KHL, we may never see him in North America. I don't doubt Adams will offer him an opportunity.

Reactions: Fjordy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad