Preferred Outcome for the Pens Pick

Of the two outcomes, which Pens-dependent outcome do you prefer?

• Sharks draft between 11-15 with the Pens 2024 1st round pick

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Sharks roll into 2025 with the Pens unprotected pick.

Votes: 63 53.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
If the Penguins lose in the first two rounds they’d actually give us pick 17 since they’d have the least amount of points among all playoff teams. That being said they do have a really tough last 3 games and if they lose at all they will not control their destiny anymore.
The #19 pick scenario was based on Pittsburgh winning all of their remaining games while their competition wins nothing, and then flunking out in the first two rounds.

I may try to actually work out the potential spread today if I'm bored enough at work.

Reactions: Hatrick Marleau

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Worth noting that Washington and Philly play each other, so the Pens will have to get at least 3 points to catch the winner of that game, in addition to Detroit having a good opportunity to close out the season.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I don’t think I ever really figured out how the standings work since they changed it. I haven’t super tried to figure it out, but still… it makes point watching difficult so I rely on you all and tankathon.

At this point, what’s the lowest the Pens pick can end up? If everything goes right for us?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I don’t think I ever really figured out how the standings work since they changed it. I haven’t super tried to figure it out, but still… it makes point watching difficult so I rely on you all and tankathon.

At this point, what’s the lowest the Pens pick can end up? If everything goes right for us?
The best we can pick is 12th if Minnesota wins out.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
IMG_2991.gif

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Frankly, I’d be completely fine if the Pens won the lottery. They wouldn’t be able to overtake the Sharks so we’d retain #1.
Them winning #2 or 3 with the Sharks getting #1 is and has always been the optimal scenario. The easy parts of this manifesting are falling into place

Reactions: Sandisfan

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
One day after the Pens were in the wildcard with 59% chance to make the playoffs, they lose, and everyone else wins, and now it's Pens with only 21% to make it and everyone else with a better chance. Will go down to the wire.

Monday is another huge day. Preds Pens, Habs Wings, and Bruins Caps.

Wings finish with that home and home with the Habs, Caps finish vs Flyers on Tuesday as well.

PIT makes it in if: they beat the preds and isles, AND the wings lose twice, the caps lose twice. Or, one OTL and one win, and both other teams go 0-1-1. I think. So that's the likely outcome because as I said earlier, we can't have nice things.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Now hoping that PIT loses their remaining two while MIN wins their last two. A couple of Eklund hat tricks on the side wouldn't hurt.
If Pit looses last 2 in regulation, a single point by the Wild will do..:

If the Blues pick up a point (up 2-1 with about 9 minutes to go), the Pens can’t catch them.

Moot point, if the Pens make it. Still think they won’t, even though they have made it closer than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad