Preferred Outcome for the Pens Pick

Of the two outcomes, which Pens-dependent outcome do you prefer?

• Sharks draft between 11-15 with the Pens 2024 1st round pick

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Sharks roll into 2025 with the Pens unprotected pick.

Votes: 63 53.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
If the playoffs start today, the PIT's pick would be 15th overall. Not only that but PIT is hot so that pick is getting worse by the day.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
If the playoffs start today, the PIT's pick would be 15th overall. Not only that but PIT is hot so that pick is getting worse by the day.
At this point we should try to trade down with this pick like in 2022.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
There's still a lot of points up for grabs between the wild card race teams. The Caps still have a game against the Red Wings and the Flyers. The Pens also play the Red Wings once more. Should be interesting.

• Wow

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Unless SEA, NJD, or BUF win out to finish the year and PIT loses out...we're looking at picks 12-15 most likely. Getting 12 or 13 instead of 14/15 could be hugeeeee in the level of prospect we get to pick from.

If the pick sits at 14 or 15 overall...I'm officially on the hoping for PIT wins the lottery to move up 10 spots so we get next years pick.

I only want this years if its top 13.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Unless SEA, NJD, or BUF win out to finish the year and PIT loses out...we're looking at picks 12-15 most likely. Getting 12 or 13 instead of 14/15 could be hugeeeee in the level of prospect we get to pick from.

If the pick sits at 14 or 15 overall...I'm officially on the hoping for PIT wins the lottery to move up 10 spots so we get next years pick.

I only want this years if its top 13.
We could still end up with Sennecke, Jiricek, or Greentree at 13-15, but I agree that this is seemingly a tier down from the tail end of Buium, Parekh, Yakemchuk, Helenius, Catton, MBN, etc.

I'm similarly a lot more excited at 11-12. But at this point I'm just hoping that PIT doesn't make the playoffs. Go Wings, go Isles, go Flyers. WSH may be cooked.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
We could still end up with Sennecke, Jiricek, or Greentree at 13-15, but I agree that this is seemingly a tier down from the tail end of Buium, Parekh, Yakemchuk, Helenius, Catton, MBN, etc.

I'm similarly a lot more excited at 11-12. But at this point I'm just hoping that PIT doesn't make the playoffs. Go Wings, go Isles, go Flyers. WSH may be cooked.
I would seriously consider moving one of our 2nds to move up the 2-3 spots to get to the top 11. The drop off after the top 11 is that dramatic to justify it.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I would seriously consider moving one of our 2nds to move up the 2-3 spots to get to the top 11. The drop off after the top 11 is that dramatic to justify it.
Possible. Based on this trade value chart, Our 2nd is worth "550 points" and NJ's is 480. (edit: although it looks like that's for 2023).

Going from 16 to 11 is only "250" this year, and it's another 250 to get to 7th OA. However, that's just in the abstract, you need a willing partner who isn't sold on whoever they're picking at that spot.

Edit2: here's another one that I think Hodge has referenced before (?) that has numbers that are somewhat similar. From 16 to 7th OA is approx the value of our 2nd.

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
If our pick ends up being out of the top 13 in this draft I don't think we necessarily are losing out on a potential ”top 10” quality player. In this range we are either getting a riser or faller, or winger... Not necessarily a player with a lower ceiling. Out of the top 20 then the ceiling and floor drops. After all we drafted Hertl in the range our pick might end up being. I'm actually really interested in the hindsight reviews for this draft down the road vs last one.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's usually a mistake to reach for a perceived need. Take the higher rated prospect that should be available. The Sharks have multiple areas of need
Which I wouldn't mind with this pick. There's not a lot that they could do with the Pittsburgh pick that wouldn't make sense. They could trade back to pick a player that fills their need more and get more assets or take a better forward prospect if that's what is there. They could trade up if you wanted someone in that range enough. This pick is house money in terms of how it ends up fitting in for the rebuild.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
We need everything. Most of our prospects will outright bust, half the rest will fail to reach their ceilings, others will simply fail to match their development time to everyone else, and some will succeed and get hurt.

There is no such thing as "enough prospects."

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I do'nt really think we have a 2nd line LW
We have lottery tickets who might turn into one. Musty is a lottery ticket - maybe he's a lottery ticket that we can guarantee has at least one matching number, as opposed to zero, but that's the most generous we can be at this stage.

Reactions: Grinner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad