OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Wow. Tornado is Buffalo. We drove to Toronto yesterday and decided to stop at my old school, Saint Bonaventure. It put us in Buffalo after that storm passed. Baby tornado, hope no one was hurt.

In Toronto with the boy at power edge pro camp. I think McDavid is here again, not sure about Bedard.

Reactions: oldgoalie

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Got my lad some Coyotes gear while it was still readily available.

1000002027.jpg

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Have you ever wondered what New Zealand is really like?

This video might help you get some honest insights. The whole series is worth a watch TBH.

Having been to the south island many times (Christchurch), I had no idea the north island was so different :laugh:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
10" rain so far from Debby by my weather station. 2.35" yesterday, 7.65" today so far. (on top of 30.11" total for the 31 days of July)
Tornado warning siren at work today during noon hour. Mandatory for all folks in certain less-reinforced areas of the factory to move to our long block wall hallway and wait for clearance. I won't be surprised if we still have rain through Friday given how slowly moving this storm is.
Mushrooms are growing, my grass hasn't been cut in 2 weeks and I don't think it will be dry enough to cut for another week, looking at the forecast. Local river will likely flood downtown in about 1 week, given history of these things.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Jays lost to the Orioles but a great atmosphere at Rogers Field. Renovations are amazing. We sat behind home plate on the first level far enough up that we were under the second deck. Great sight lines.

Firkus said Savoie knew he was getting traded. It was between him and two others and he got word it was him. Shoulder is a real concern. Firkus said Savoie was the best skater he’s ever played with.

Also, that him, Savoie, and two others binged watched all the Marvel movies in order on their two week US WHL trip. They crushed the trip so it became a team thing after.

Last day of camp, then back to South Carolina.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
10" rain so far from Debby by my weather station. 2.35" yesterday, 7.65" today so far. (on top of 30.11" total for the 31 days of July)
Tornado warning siren at work today during noon hour. Mandatory for all folks in certain less-reinforced areas of the factory to move to our long block wall hallway and wait for clearance. I won't be surprised if we still have rain through Friday given how slowly moving this storm is.
Mushrooms are growing, my grass hasn't been cut in 2 weeks and I don't think it will be dry enough to cut for another week, looking at the forecast. Local river will likely flood downtown in about 1 week, given history of these things.

Hope all that rain hasn’t impacted you too badly. I think we only had about 7 inches of rain at our airport weather station.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
We lost our dog, Rudi, yesterday. Turns out along with his other health issues, he had a cancerous mass in his abdomen. We stayed with him til the end. Truly, he was a wonderful dog. We only had him for about 5 1/2 years, but we made tons of memories with him, and gave him the best life that we could.
Cancer sucks in Golden Retrievers. So many of them pass all too soon from the disease. Since our boy was from Turkey, and of the English Creme variety, we thought we dodged that bullet, since that variant has a lower chance of contracting it, and overbreeding Goldens is not rampant like it is in the States.
We are going to miss him forever. I have lost another piece of my heart.

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
We lost our dog, Rudi, yesterday. Turns out along with his other health issues, he had a cancerous mass in his abdomen. We stayed with him til the end. Truly, he was a wonderful dog. We only had him for about 5 1/2 years, but we made tons of memories with him, and gave him the best life that we could.
Cancer sucks in Golden Retrievers. So many of them pass all too soon from the disease. Since our boy was from Turkey, and of the English Creme variety, we thought we dodged that bullet, since that variant has a lower chance of contracting it, and overbreeding Goldens is not rampant like it is in the States.
Sorry

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Man, sorry to hear that.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I saw you posted this on FB and I’m so sorry. He was a very good boy.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I saw you posted this on FB and I’m so sorry. He was a very good boy.
Thanks Chain. Today was particularly difficult.
All the daily tasks that I did with him…I was the one that got up at 6, fed him, walked him, and as he got sick, got him his meds, made his meals. Don’t get me wrong, Vicki did a whole lot too. It’s just that, well, it was my “dad” thing to do with him. All that evaporated in one day.
I know you know how expensive having a sick pet can be as well. All of the sudden, the medicines, the veterinary foods, etc. all stop. It’s going to be so strange now.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Thanks Chain. Today was particularly difficult.
All the daily tasks that I did with him…I was the one that got up at 6, fed him, walked him, and as he got sick, got him his meds, made his meals. Don’t get me wrong, Vicki did a whole lot too. It’s just that, well, it was my “dad” thing to do with him. All that evaporated in one day.
I know you know how expensive having a sick pet can be as well. All of the sudden, the medicines, the veterinary foods, etc. all stop. It’s going to be so strange now.
That is so tough to navigate.

Sorry for your loss.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Losing pets sucks balls. Sorry for the hole in your life.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Sorry man. This is the main reason why I don’t want pets.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

That’s by far the hardest part of having pets, losing them. Sorry for your loss.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Really hope the doctor can figure out sleep has been so hard to come by and subsequently feeling very fatigued and having problems focusing. Me and sleep have always had our struggles but lately I sleep for 3 to a max of 4 hours and then I’m wide awake and can’t sleep the rest of the night until I fall asleep 30 minutes before my alarm if at all.

• Wow
Reactions: Chainshot

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Really hope the doctor can figure out sleep has been so hard to come by and subsequently feeling very fatigued and having problems focusing. Me and sleep have always had our struggles but lately I sleep for 3 to a max of 4 hours and then I’m wide awake and can’t sleep the rest of the night until I fall asleep 30 minutes before my alarm if at all.
You tried melatonin?

Reactions: brian_griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad