Preferred Outcome for the Pens Pick

Of the two outcomes, which Pens-dependent outcome do you prefer?

• Sharks draft between 11-15 with the Pens 2024 1st round pick

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Sharks roll into 2025 with the Pens unprotected pick.

Votes: 63 53.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
If Pit looses last 2 in regulation, a single point by the Wild will do..:

If the Blues pick up a point (up 2-1 with about 9 minutes to go), the Pens can’t catch them.

Moot point, if the Pens make it. Still think they won’t, even though they have made it closer than I thought.
Don't count those chickens! There's still a lot of play left. We need DET to sweep MTL, OR the Caps to win twice, OR if the caps OTL to PHI then we just need PIT not to win out. I think. But it's definitely still in play.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Don't count those chickens! There's still a lot of play left. We need DET to sweep MTL, OR the Caps to win twice, OR if the caps OTL to PHI then we just need PIT not to win out. I think. But it's definitely still in play.
I really wish I had more faith in Detroit. These are two games they absolutely should win, but they seem fragile and inconsistent enough defensively that anything is possible with them. And I don't really expect Montreal to phone it in. Their fans would probably relish putting a dent in Detroit's playoff hopes.

On a side note, ever since the Pens got hot, I really haven't wanted to watch any of these games even though the race is quite interesting. Maybe that'll change now for these last few days, but lately it's just been a "show me the scores and get it over with" thing because it's been unnecessarily upsetting to watch as a Sharks fan.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I really wish I had more faith in Detroit. These are two games they absolutely should win, but they seem fragile and inconsistent enough defensively that anything is possible with them. And I don't really expect Montreal to phone it in. Their fans would probably relish putting a dent in Detroit's playoff hopes.

On a side note, ever since the Pens got hot, I really haven't wanted to watch any of these games even though the race is quite interesting. Maybe that'll change now for these last few days, but lately it's just been a "show me the scores and get it over with" thing because it's been unnecessarily upsetting to watch as a Sharks fan.

When will it end!!!

One more year of this will make me go insane next season.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Isles win, Caps win, Wings in OT after tying it up with an extra attacker goal on an unbelievable shift… what a keep in by Ghost!

Too bad, the Pens look like they will do their job as well.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Wild beat the Kings. 12 OA is still possible.

Wild catch Pens, if they win their last game (home vs Kraken) and Pens do not win their finale. RW and ROW would be the same, Wild would have more W.

If the Wild get a single point, the Pens need to lose in regulation.
Seattle’s been real bad, so the Wild might be able to pull this off if Pittsburgh can manage a loss. The best scenario to pick 12th is Penguins losing in regulation and the Flyers and Wild both winning.

But really, we just need Detroit to take care of business tomorrow.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Well if the Red Wings or Caps win the day before then Pittsburgh will have nothing to play for either.

Seattle’s been real bad, so the Wild might be able to pull this off if Pittsburgh can manage a loss. The best scenario to pick 12th is Penguins losing in regulation and the Flyers and Wild both winning.

But really, we just need Detroit to take care of business tomorrow.
Go Wings and/or go Caps! Two away teams, either of which winning will seal PIT's fate. Not great but better than being in PIT's situation. So good to be a part of meaningful hockey this late into the season...

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Best case scenario, pens lose. Wild win, philly win, detroit game doesn't matter for rankings.

Quickest best case scenario. Detroit wins tonight, philly wins, wild win, pens lose.
As long as one of the Wings or Caps win I'll be happy. But if that happens the Pens game Thursday is useless and it's possible they take the L just from the big let down

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Can we just laugh for a second about how there are two basically playoff-deciding games tonight featuring very popular teams and ESPN, meanwhile, is broadcasting a good but much less meaningful game in Toronto vs. Florida, while their "national" ESPN+ broadcasts are Chicago at Vegas and Calgary at Vancouver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad