Predict the Atlantic Standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
7 years of being the biggest chokers in true league but somehow the Panthers are frauds LOL. Leafs were celebrating with beers after a series win. You can tell why that pathetic team is garbage every year in the playoffs. Their team was legit crying over Bennett and Tkachuk being meanies to their soft core of losers.

Why would we complain about a totally legitimate and clean hockey play that happened to concuss our top prospect who was on the ice for most of our important goals for the rest of the playoffs?

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Why would we complain about a totally legitimate and clean hockey play that happened to concuss our top prospect who was on the ice for most of our important goals for the rest of the playoffs?

Tell him to stay on his feet then. He won’t have a long career if he’s as soft as your core! And I agree perfectly clean. But somehow you’re still mad about it. Hopefully Gudas didn’t break Woll yelling at him because that was pretty dirty!

Reactions: dirtydanglez

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
My Atlantic Standings prediction stays the same but after Pittaburgh picked up Karlsson I think that moves the needle enough to get them a wildcard spot, so only 4 Atlantic playoff teams

1. Toronto
2. Tampa
3. Buffalo
4. Boston

No playoffs:
5. Florida
6. Detroit
7. Ottawa (don't care about the dumb f***ing Wings/Sens fan wars by two insecure bin-dipping fans on both sides. We're simply both not contenders, and by partaking in that nonsense you're just embarrassing yourself)
8. Montreal

Florida's D will get worse, and they're just as dependent on goaltending as Buffalo. I just have more faith in Buffalo not to have the absolute worst goaltending in the league again (they missed the playoffs by one point in spite of that) than I trust Florida to not have bottom-third goaltending, which has frankly plagued them for years now aside from one approximately 12 game stretch from 1R Game 5 through 3R game 3 this past spring). If their goaltending holds though then of course they can easily make the playoffs.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
My Atlantic Standings prediction stays the same but after Pittaburgh picked up Karlsson I think that moves the needle enough to get them a wildcard spot, so only 4 Atlantic playoff teams

1. Toronto
2. Tampa
3. Buffalo
4. Boston

No playoffs:
5. Florida
6. Detroit
7. Ottawa (don't care about the dumb f***ing Wings/Sens fan wars by two insecure bin-dipping fans on both sides. We're simply both not contenders, and by partaking in that nonsense you're just embarrassing yourself)
8. Montreal

Florida's D will get worse, and they're just as dependent on goaltending as Buffalo. I just have more faith in Buffalo not to have the absolute worst goaltending in the league again (they missed the playoffs by one point in spite of that) than I trust Florida to not have bottom-third goaltending, which has frankly plagued them for years now aside from one approximately 12 game stretch from 1R Game 5 through 3R game 3 this past spring). If their goaltending holds though then of course they can easily make the playoffs.
Tbh when healthy it's probably better, Kulikov for Staal is a comically large upgrade, OEL should be a good addition if he can bounce back, Mikkola vs Gudas is a wash. Big question is if they can stay afloat with Montour out 2 months and Ekblad out 3.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
Tbh when healthy it's probably better, Kulikov for Staal is a comically large upgrade, OEL should be a good addition if he can bounce back, Mikkola vs Gudas is a wash. Big question is if they can stay afloat with Montour out 2 months and Ekblad out 3.
Well, there's a new take I never thought I'd read.

Also OEL hasn't been a good player in like 3 or 4 years, expecting him to bounce back is wildly ambitious.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018

1. Toronto
2. Tampa
3. Buffalo
4. Boston

No playoffs:
5. Florida
6. Detroit
8. Montreal

Ottawa is a better team than Detroit, so don’t see your 6 and 7 working out here.

Reactions: Silky Johnson

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
This really is the most embarrassing rivalry right now.
"You're slightly less shit than Montreal and we're much less shit than Montreal"

"Nuh uh, you are!!!1!11!1!!"

It's pathetic and I'm embarrassed for both of our fanbases.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Well, there's a new take I never thought I'd read.

Also OEL hasn't been a good player in like 3 or 4 years, expecting him to bounce back is wildly ambitious.

These charts are terrible, I cant really respond to anyone who uses them. Same garbage says Mike Reilly is good. Said Keith Yandle was solid. We will see how the year plays out.

Idk how anyone uses Jfresh as gospel in 2023 tbh. Or these cards in general.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Because it evened up the concussion Bunting layed on Tbays number two Dman putting him out for the series? Elbow smash to the head.
I figured that's why leafers didn't complain too much on the Benner smash.
Tit for tat .

In play offs the couldn't.
Regular season , won't be a problem.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
These charts are terrible, I cant really respond to anyone who uses them. Same garbage says Mike Reilly is good. Said Keith Yandle was solid. We will see how the year plays out.

Idk how anyone uses Jfresh as gospel in 2023 tbh. Or these cards in general.

Why don't you try and be constructive then? Make your argument positive instead of negative and actually contribute to the discussion instead of "macro analytics bad"

Tell me, what evidence is out there to suggest that Mikkola is as good as Gudas?

Last edited:

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
7 years of being the biggest chokers in true league but somehow the Panthers are frauds LOL. Leafs were celebrating with beers after a series win. You can tell why that pathetic team is garbage every year in the playoffs. Their team was legit crying over Bennett and Tkachuk being meanies to their soft core of losers.
I am going to start this post by explaining my bias.

I hate the leafs. When they fly I root for gravity. When they drive I root for oncoming traffic. Their playoff failures have given me nearly as much joy as my children.

I hold no ill will for the Panthers.

I watched every minute of that series and it was clear to me and generally backed up statistically that the better team of skaters were the leafs.

Anything resembling goaltending parity and the leafs easily win the series.

Considering Bob's inability to play like that with any kind of regularity I would say it's clear you got lucky.

You should be happy. Last years playoffs performance is likely as close to "value" as you will ever get with that ridiculous contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad