Predict the Atlantic Standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
My first post was an earnest suggestion for a helpful tip. Finding out about the snip tool changed the way I use a computer. It's extremely useful. I thought it was a pretty ridiculous response.

I think Bob was incredible against the Leafs and Canes, he made a ton of key saves to keep Florida within 1 goal (they played the vast majority of both those series either tied or up/down 1 goal) and he's the reason for that. The Carolina series was one of the closes played series I ever watched and Rod the Bod was right with his sentiment about "not being swept" although they were definitely swept 4-0 and it was a dumb comment. Took more than 4 games and some very fortunate things to go 4-0 Florida, though.

At the same time Vegas brought it to Florida way harder than any other team, I think at that point all the toughness was almost drained out of Florida due to injury and they had no push back against them, they had all the push back during the Eastern playoffs.

I think that you'd have to be out of your mind to say Bob didn't go off, but the Finals Florida team was not playing the same way they had in rounds 1-3.
Ya I use snip if on my computer, but a lot of time I’m reading on my phone.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
It was a picture of a laptop screen though :laugh:
A laptop I wasn’t using/ isn’t mine/ has never been on hfboards. It’s not that big of a deal big guy. I had 2 minutes to post and wanted to look it up before I gave some outlandish and unintelligent statement I couldn’t back up like the other side of my argument.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
A laptop I wasn’t using/ isn’t mine/ has never been on hfboards. It’s not that big of a deal big guy. I had 2 minutes to post and wanted to look it up before I gave some outlandish and unintelligent statement I couldn’t back up like the other side of my argument.
Okay buddy, guy, sorry for giving you a tip, my guy.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I don't really have a dog in this fight but I don't get why you're dismissing his point entirely as "opinion". The stats were still readable despite being presented in a dogshit way and do have value.

Realistically the answer is somewhere in between for Florida. I don't think they're a contender based on clearly unsustainable goaltending they received in the playoffs this past season but I also think they are playoff bound next year as well.
Literally how I feel as well. It’s an inconvenient truth that Bob was the main (not only), but main reason they went on the run they did. 70% of the reason for sure.

Okay buddy, guy, sorry for giving you a tip, my guy.
Nah. It was a snippy remark because you think I’m a boomer who doesn’t know how to use a computer. When in reality I only had a minute and didn’t want to bother logging in on the computer since god knows what my password is.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Nah. It was a snippy remark because you think I’m a boomer who doesn’t know how to use a computer. When in reality I only had a minute and didn’t want to bother logging in on the computer since god knows what my password is.
:laugh:

Alright welp, thanks for proving how little you care.

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Literally how I feel as well. It’s an inconvenient truth that Bob was the main (not only), but main reason they went on the run they did. 70% of the reason for sure.

Oh,
Now it’s 70%??? I’ve said that from the beginning, holy f***. Bob was amazing, but how many times have we seen great goaltending and it’s for not. You just dismantled days of argument by agreeing it wasn’t 100% him. Why tf did that take so long?

And lol you had enough time to post and pull it up but couldn’t log in? Let it go till later.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Oh,
Now it’s 70%??? I’ve said that from the beginning, holy f***. Bob was amazing, but how many times have we seen great goaltending and it’s for not. You just dismantled days of argument by agreeing it wasn’t 100% him. Why tf did that take so long?

And lol you had enough time to post and pull it up but couldn’t log in? Let it go till later.
Nah. You haven’t. You’ve said systems, defensive play, buying in etc etc etc.

It was mostly him. That was the whole crux of my argument you’ve been losing your shit over. Only now after 3 other posters agreed with it, you’re changing.

Aaaaagain, are you expecting .905 or .953?

Are you a wildcard team on a fluky run or are you expecting record setting save percentages going forward? That’s who your team hinges on. Let us know.

:laugh:

Alright welp, thanks for proving how little you care.
I’d be disappointed if you couldn’t tell how little I cared given I posted a literal picture and didn’t even bother to square the angle with the computer.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
The Cats were on a razor's edge: PIT couldn't win, and then Bob wasnt expected to play.
When he was rested for 10 days he lost his mojo

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Apparently you are?

70% is the majority, extreme majority I’m pretty sure (based on the definition of extreme) most people expect AT LEAST 90%

I’m about home and done, enjoy your clown takes, need to have a fellow poster upset in order to respond, and weird definitions.
The dude believes Toronto played just as good as Vegas offensively. Let it go man, it’s a dead end lol. Guy has watched 7 years of playoff implosions, Toronto just must be the unluckiest team of all time.

• Haha
Reactions: The90 and Laus723

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I don't really see how the Panthers of all teams buck the trend of the cup hangover. They have significant injuries to all players and a shorter offseason and no cup to show for it. They are likely to not have a great start to the season.

They may recover as it goes on, but the question is if another team like Buffalo or Ottawa (or both) have a lead on them, they aren't making it barring a miracle like they got last year with the gift to get into the playoffs by the Penguins.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
The dude believes Toronto played just as good as Vegas offensively. Let it go man, it’s a dead end lol. Guy has watched 7 years of playoff implosions, Toronto just must be the unluckiest team of all time.
I never said they played as good as vegas offensively. One of you oh so knowledgeable panthers fans claimed they had a lot more grade A scoring chances and that’s why they ‘overwhelmed’ them. So I pulled up the literal stats and shit on his shitty argument. It upsets you guys that these stats exist for a reason, so you’re trying to clown me for posting… facts. Makes sense lol

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I never said they played as good as vegas offensively. One of you oh so knowledgeable panthers fans claimed they had a lot more grade A scoring chances and that’s why they ‘overwhelmed’ them. So I pulled up the literal stats and shit on his shitty argument. It upsets you guys that these stats exist for a reason, so you’re trying to clown me for posting… facts. Makes sense lol
Oh now you’re lying. Nice!

I don't really see how the Panthers of all teams buck the trend of the cup hangover. They have significant injuries to all players and a shorter offseason and no cup to show for it. They are likely to not have a great start to the season.

They may recover as it goes on, but the question is if another team like Buffalo or Ottawa (or both) have a lead on them, they aren't making it barring a miracle like they got last year with the gift to get into the playoffs by the Penguins.
You are so hurt. It literally gives me strength to read your posts knowing you’re steaming every day over the spanking you received by the lowly panthers.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
i wonder how the leafs will be affected this season if the matthews and nylander extensions drag on. theres a real potential for a media circus.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You are so hurt. It literally gives me strength to read your posts knowing you’re steaming every day over the spanking you received by the lowly panthers.
It was funny when poster changed their username during the series, to a Florida name. Kept up the guarantees during the playoffs, only to be wrong again.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I’m not going to predict the Sabres make the playoffs this year because there are so many unknowns. But if some of the following can happen, then they should make it.

1. Devon Levi and UPL provide league average goaltending.
2. Team defense and PK improve. Granato has said this will be a focus this year, and he is a good coach, so I believe him.
3. Offense doesn’t fall off a cliff when the coach changes to a more defensively responsible strategy.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
What exactly am I lying about? Show your proof. It’s all there.

These guys are delusional, they actually think they dominated the Leafs and reject the reality of having one of the GOAT goaltender performances in the playoffs, only Carolina got it worse this year.

Leafs had a poor first game but after that, dominated game 2 and I mean dominated. Dominated game 4 and 5 as well.

That's why we love the sport of hockey though. Non playoff teams can get in by pure luck and go on a crazy run. It's unpredictable fun.

For reference this is the "elite" defense that "smothered" the Leafs (and this was only 1 period....)

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Lmao, I look forward to more leafs “domination” in the years to come. I love how you act like Bennett, Tkachuk, Gudas, and Lomberg didn’t run over the whole team. Our 3rd line showed more hustle than the “core 4.” Y’all’s copium is hilarious.

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Lmao, I look forward to more leads “domination” in the years to come. I love how you act like Bennett, Tkachuk, Gudas, and Lomberg didn’t run over the whole team. Our 3rd line showed more hustle than the “core 4.” Y’all’s copium is hilarious.
7 years of being the biggest chokers in true league but somehow the Panthers are frauds LOL. Leafs were celebrating with beers after a series win. You can tell why that pathetic team is garbage every year in the playoffs. Their team was legit crying over Bennett and Tkachuk being meanies to their soft core of losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad