Predict the Atlantic Standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I literally posted raw data that shows it was in the extreme majority, Bob. You’re not making any points, you’re posting your feelings. There’s a difference. You’re revising history because you saw it one way with nothing to back up your feelings.
Lmao, you’re FIRST post to me was “I had this conversation with Montreal fans,” you’ve been told it’s not going to be the same, you’ve been told how Maurice impacted the team, you still go off with some narrative about Bob that you’ve created, oh sorry, EXTREME Bob and keep missing everyone’s points.

As I said last time before you brought me up again, we’ll see how the season plays out, but you’re expecting a Montreal drop off and we miss, but we won’t.

You also need an explanation other than the leafs just failed once again since they did little in the off-season. What has your excuses been the last 20 years?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Best part is Laus, Impatient and the boys don’t refute anything because they can’t. All of the stats for that are tracked. Obviously human opinion of what is / is not a high danger scoring chance is slightly opinionated, but for example: Toronto has just 1 less high danger scoring chance for against Florida, than did Vegas. 63 for the leafs, 64 for Vegas.

Even better is Florida had the highest high danger chances against by a country mile. By both per game and total. Lol.

They knocked Carolina out with having almost identical stats. It literally makes no sense as anything but an outlier.
Print screen + paste if you're an ultra boomer

start key + shift + s if you're not

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Print screen + paste if you're an ultra boomer

start key + shift + s if you're not
Lol. I’m not going through that nor do I care enough to worry about it

Lmao, you’re FIRST post to me was “I had this conversation with Montreal fans,” you’ve been told it’s not going to be the same, you’ve been told how Maurice impacted the team, you still go off with some narrative about Bob that you’ve created, oh sorry, EXTREME Bob and keep missing everyone’s points.

As I said last time before you brought me up again, we’ll see how the season plays out, but you’re expecting a Montreal drop off and we miss, but we won’t.

You also need an explanation other than the leafs just failed once again since they did little in the off-season. What has your excuses been the last 20 years?
Buddy it was the exact same excuses from montreal fans. The stats show they were outplayed. Not that Maurice changed anything. What do you think he magically spiked the drink that took them from a 92 point team to a cup finalist overnight? Please. Bob was a .953. That’s literally it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Buddy it was the exact same excuses from montreal fans. The stats show they were outplayed. Not that Maurice changed anything. What do you think he magically spiked the drink that took them from a 92 point team to a cup finalist overnight? Please. Bob was a .953. That’s literally it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Buddy, multiple times you’ve been shown what went on during the season, leading up to the playoffs, in the playoffs, Bob, Maurice, injuries, etc. YOU don’t want to hear it because you clearly enjoy being obtuse. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you and the leafs, but just like we were told Tkachuk wasn’t gonna reach 100 points again and were given alllll the reasons why and “the stats bro!,” he was still a monster and got Hart votes, it wasn’t JUST Bob in the playoffs and the team wasn’t JUST a 92 point team. Period. We even gave reasons why Tkachuk could, but clowns like you doubled down and ate crow.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Buddy, multiple times you’ve been shown what went on during the season, leading up to the playoffs, in the playoffs, Bob, Maurice, injuries, etc. YOU don’t want to hear it because you clearly enjoy being obtuse. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you and the leafs, but just like we were told Tkachuk wasn’t gonna reach 100 points again and were given alllll the reasons why and “the stats bro!,” he was still a monster and got Hart votes, it wasn’t JUST Bob in the playoffs and the team wasn’t JUST a 92 point team. Period. We even gave reasons why Tkachuk could, but clowns like you doubled down and ate crow.
Where have I been shown any of that? Their stats in the regular season are just the same as the playoffs. They just got the saves in the playoffs. You keep insisting everyone’s showing me, but all you do is say they played well defensively (while giving up the most shots/ high danger chances) and claiming it was Maurice’s ‘system’, the system that got them 92 points until Bob gave them saves.

I don’t care about you being upset about how many points tkachuk got. Irrelevant. I don’t think it’s ALL Bob. But 70% is. No question. You gave up the same amount of high danger chances vs Toronto than as you did against Vegas. One series you won in 5, one you lost in 5. Tell me which series you got a .940 in?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It's easier than taking a picture of a screen with your cell phone and uploading it but enjoy being willfully ignorant. Buddy.

Why should we care about what you say if you don't even care enough about what you have to say to present it properly? You're spending quite a bit of time trying to get people to care about your opinion in this thread

Last edited:

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
The Leafs' defence hasn't been an issue for years. They can't score and lack finishers throughout the lineup. That's the issue.

Defending is about 5 player not 2 and attacking its about 5 player not group.

If you d is bad, thats will not necessairly hurting you in the defensive end but can hurt you in the defensive

Toronto had succes defensilvly because of their foward coming and helping leafs D but leafs D is below average right now. Its a reality

Reactions: wintersej

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Where have I been shown any of that? Their stats in the regular season are just the same as the playoffs. They just got the saves in the playoffs. You keep insisting everyone’s showing me, but all you do is say they played well defensively (while giving up the most shots/ high danger chances) and claiming it was Maurice’s ‘system’, the system that got them 92 points until Bob gave them saves.

I don’t care about you being upset about how many points tkachuk got. Irrelevant. I don’t think it’s ALL Bob. But 70% is. No question. You gave up the same amount of high danger chances vs Toronto than as you did against Vegas. One series you won in 5, one you lost in 5. Tell me which series you got a .940 in?
Where? Go re-read the thread. Tf do you mean where?? You’ve just ignored it because THE STATS! The fact you keep saying one or however many of us are “upset” screams you’re being obtuse.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Habs (my team) will have a fun team to watch, but yeah, we should finish dead last this year again in the Atlantic, unless Guhle, Dach, Suzuki and Caufield all Blossom this year and Monahan stay healthy

Most likely tho, we compete for 1st Pick overall in 2024

Reactions: Laus723

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Where? Go re-read the thread. Tf do you mean where?? You’ve just ignored it because THE STATS! The fact you keep saying one or however many of us are “upset” screams you’re being obtuse.
There’s literally nothing to read lol you’ve provided nothing to the thread but claims of ‘systems’ ‘defence’ etc. nothing verifiable and it shows. You can look at every stat in the book and the only thing that changes in the postseason is you got the saves that you didn’t in the regular season. That’s literally it. I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Do you expect that you’re going to get .905 Bob or .953 Bob next year? You won’t answer that which is telling in itself.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The leafs and canes had every bit as good of shots against as vegas. Such a shit argument.
No you didn’t lmao. Vegas just overpowered us. The leafs are soft and on the perimeter. Big difference. You guys suck in the playoffs every year, you would think you get it by now. But I guess crying and screaming excuses works too. Loser mentality for the most fragile group in the NHL.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
No you didn’t lmao. Vegas just overpowered us. The leafs are soft and on the perimeter. Big difference. You guys suck in the playoffs every year, you would think you get it by now. But I guess crying and screaming excuses works too. Loser mentality for the most fragile group in the NHL.
Overpowered. Lol. With one less dangerous shot. That’s a head scratcher to say the least.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
There’s literally nothing to read lol you’ve provided nothing to the thread but claims of ‘systems’ ‘defence’ etc. nothing verifiable and it shows. You can look at every stat in the book and the only thing that changes in the postseason is you got the saves that you didn’t in the regular season. That’s literally it. I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Do you expect that you’re going to get .905 Bob or .953 Bob next year? You won’t answer that which is telling in itself.
You just won’t read it, you haven’t taken the time to do anything other than point to a save percentage. I don’t even know what tf you’re even arguing.
The Tkachuk comparisons where everyone was wrong about him aren’t an ok correlation to you, but Montreal is even though the application doesn’t apply for multiple reasons.

O-b-t-u-s-e

The90

Feb 27, 2017
If you guys think you played anywhere to the same level as Vegas I suggest you see someone. Delusional.
I didn’t say that. What I did say was they had the same amount of dangerous chances against you guys. Vegas has better defence. Biggest difference is Bob returned to earth anyways.

You just won’t read it, you haven’t taken the time to do anything other than point to a save percentage. I don’t even know what tf you’re even arguing.
The Tkachuk comparisons where everyone was wrong about him aren’t an ok correlation to you, but Montreal is even though the application doesn’t apply for multiple reasons.

O-b-t-u-s-e
Are you expecting .905 Bob or 952 Bob ne T year?

Don’t care about your ramblings about tkachuk. Irrelevant.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I didn’t say that. What I did say was they had the same amount of dangerous chances against you guys. Vegas has better defence. Biggest difference is Bob returned to earth anyways.

No you didn’t lmao. You weren’t in the same stratosphere offensively or defensively. Please don’t be a Homer. It’s sad.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

You’re so f***ing boring, I’m traveling so I have time to waste, but if you think “Bob returned to earth” was the biggest issue with us and Vegas…I mean, I get it has to be him for you, but you’re just wrong.

And lmao, you don’t care because it’s the perfect comparison to your nonsense. You just don’t want it to be.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You’re so f***ing boring, I’m traveling so I have time to waste, but if you think “Bob returned to earth” was the biggest issue with us and Vegas…I mean, I get it has to be him for you, but you’re just wrong.

And lmao, you don’t care because it’s the perfect comparison to your nonsense. You just don’t want it to be.
.905 or .953?

You refuse to answer because you know your regular season is a better example of your team than the playoffs because it inflated your stats. This upsets you, because truth hurts sometimes haha

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
.905 or .953?

You refuse to answer because you know your regular season is a better example of your team than the playoffs because it inflated your stats. This upsets you, because truth hurts sometimes haha
Why do you think this is a gotcha? Bob was .901 and we made it and went to the Finals. Your team got smoked.

We played how many games a man short due to cap constraints, dealt with injuries to key guys, lacked depth due to the cap constraints, won more when we played Maurice’s way vs the run and gun that guys reverted back to all season…but for some reason you keep bringing it back to goaltending.

The forecheck wasn’t there in the regular season like it was in the playoffs, the team protected leads more, but again you don’t care to hear that so…

Fine. Same as we all said Tkachuk will be fine and listed the reasons, we’ll be fine. Your hopes are hilarious though.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I can understand going with Levi as the #1 goalie actually... But give the kid a competent backup to at least split the duties with ffs.

I imagine goaltending will be Buffalo's achilles, yet again.

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
It's easier than taking a picture of a screen with your cell phone and uploading it but enjoy being willfully ignorant. Buddy.

Why should we care about what you say if you don't even care enough about what you have to say to present it properly? You're spending quite a bit of time trying to get people to care about your opinion in this thread

I don't really have a dog in this fight but I don't get why you're dismissing his point entirely as "opinion". The stats were still readable despite being presented in a dogshit way and do have value.

Realistically the answer is somewhere in between for Florida. I don't think they're a contender based on clearly unsustainable goaltending they received in the playoffs this past season but I also think they are playoff bound next year as well.

Reactions: The90

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I don't really have a dog in this fight but I don't get why you're dismissing his point entirely as "opinion". The stats were still readable despite being presented in a dogshit way and do have value.

Realistically the answer is somewhere in between for Florida. I don't think they're a contender based on clearly unsustainable goaltending they received in the playoffs this past season but I also think they are playoff bound next year as well.
My first post was an earnest suggestion for a helpful tip. Finding out about the snip tool changed the way I use a computer. It's extremely useful. I thought it was a pretty ridiculous response.

I think Bob was incredible against the Leafs and Canes, he made a ton of key saves to keep Florida within 1 goal (they played the vast majority of both those series either tied or up/down 1 goal) and he's the reason for that. The Carolina series was one of the closes played series I ever watched and Rod the Bod was right with his sentiment about "not being swept" although they were definitely swept 4-0 and it was a dumb comment. Took more than 4 games and some very fortunate things to go 4-0 Florida, though.

At the same time Vegas brought it to Florida way harder than any other team, I think at that point all the toughness was almost drained out of Florida due to injury and they had no push back against them, they had all the push back during the Eastern playoffs.

I think that you'd have to be out of your mind to say Bob didn't go off, but the Finals Florida team was not playing the same way they had in rounds 1-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad