Predict the Atlantic Standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I agree with that. They shouldn’t have beaten Tampa this year, but should have last year. This year they got the bounces. Florida got the bounces the next round. That’s how it goes sometimes. Laus is upset that we’re recognizing that.

Which of course is offset that it still required a .953 to get to 8-0 in overtime games. Aka you scraped by on excellent goaltending.
You’re just wrong and can’t admit it and are looking like a clown.

• Haha
Reactions: The90

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I'm saying Boston is clearly weaker at center than Ottawa but Ottawa making up 49 points is A LOT

Id say comparing their top 14 forwards and 7 defence, Ottawa has a noticeable advantage at most positions.

I do agree both of Bostons goalies are better than Ottawa so they have the huge advantage there. Luckily for Others, only 1 can play at a time, but they can always have a top goalie in nets, which most teams can't say.

You say 49 points is a lot. Yes.

But like 10 of those were lucky/everything going right.

Another 10-15 are gone with all their losses of good players.

Then on the flip side Ottawa can get another 5-10 simply from their young guys like stutzle and Pinto and tkachuk and so on.

They can also get another 5-10 or so from switching out debrincat for having Norris, chychrun, Tarasenko, kubalik for most of the season.

Korpisalo should be an upgrade over a checked out Talbot which can make another 5-10 point difference.

In conclusion, yes 49 points is alot, but they've both got a lot of changes that are leading in opposite directions.

Bostons roster looks so much different then last year's as does Ottawa's that using last year's stats is less relevant then with teams that haven't changed much.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You’re just wrong and can’t admit it and are looking like a clown.
Literally nothing I posted was wrong. Somehow everything changed at the exact time your goalie went on a heater lol.

It was the coaches system, timely goals, blocking shots blah blah blah. The fact of the matter is that the Florida panthers were a wildcard team squeezing into the playoffs by 1 point when Bob was a .905 goalie. When he went to a .953 for a month, you went to the cup finals. Again, do you expect closer to a .905 or a .953 next year?

Don’t be upset at me for literally using statistics instead of my feelings to support my argument. You’re using the latter and are upset that you can’t quantify your points.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Literally nothing I posted was wrong. Somehow everything changed at the exact time your goalie went on a heater lol.

It was the coaches system, timely goals, blocking shots blah blah blah. The fact of the matter is that the Florida panthers were a wildcard team squeezing into the playoffs by 1 point when Bob was a .905 goalie. When he went to a .953 for a month, you went to the cup finals. Again, do you expect closer to a .905 or a .953 next year?

Don’t be upset at me for literally using statistics instead of my feelings to support my argument. You’re using the latter and are upset that you can’t quantify your points.
Just because you type 3 paragraphs of bullshit doesn’t mean you’re right. The use of run and gun was one sentence and automatically assigned you as clueless. Sometimes less is more. If I were you I’d start my sentences with: I’m about to talk out of my ass” so people don’t have to waste their time. Thank you for consideration on this matter.

Reactions: Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

You haven’t used facts. You’ve posted Bob’s stats while ignoring a host of other things that has been laid in front of you multiple times. By more than just Panther fans. You refuse to accept it because by doing so, it means the Panthers will be somewhere between the Presidents trophy teams and last season’s team, which makes them dangerous.

It’s cool. I’ve had to cope with things, too. Whatever helps ya sleep better, but it doesn’t mean you’re right.

• Haha

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You haven’t used facts. You’ve posted Bob’s stats while ignoring a host of other things that has been laid in front of you multiple times. By more than just Panther fans. You refuse to accept it because by doing so, it means the Panthers will be somewhere between the Presidents trophy teams and last season’s team, which makes them dangerous.

It’s cool. I’ve had to cope with things, too. Whatever helps ya sleep better, but it doesn’t mean you’re right.
If you were so confident that was the case you wouldn’t be so upset being told otherwise lol.

Just because you type 3 paragraphs of bullshit doesn’t mean you’re right. The use of run and gun was one sentence and automatically assigned you as clueless. Sometimes less is more. If I were you I’d start my sentences with: I’m about to talk out of my ass” so people don’t have to waste their time. Thank you for consideration on this matter.
What did I type that was bullshit? You’re nowhere without a .953 bud. It’s the biggest factor and an extreme outlier in regular season vs playoffs.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
If you were so confident that was the case you wouldn’t be so upset being told otherwise lol.
Tf is wrong with you? Who’s upset? you keep tagging me carrying on with nonsense, I correct said nonsense that you can’t accept, you tag me again quadrupling down on said nonsense, I respond…it’s a dumb cycle, but I currently have time.

So, again, you’re wrong.

• Love

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Tf is wrong with you? Who’s upset? you keep tagging me carrying on with nonsense, I correct said nonsense that you can’t accept, you tag me again quadrupling down on said nonsense, I respond…it’s a dumb cycle, but I currently have time.

So, again, you’re wrong.
Sorry pal, statistics aren’t nonsense. Unquantifiable Media catch phrases are though. Who’s using what? You’re using nothing to support any argument but your feelings.

Again, Are you expecting a .905 or a .953 this year?

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Crazy the amount of faith a playoff run can give people. I remember when Florida was down 3-1 to Boston the majority of Florida posters were just waiting for it to be over and hating Maurice all year, and now the sudden 180 on the team outlook is hilarious. Seriously, go back and look at their post game threads against Boston, was just pure depression and misery with no faith.

Now if you say anything negative about them you'll have all 3 Florida panther fans jumping down your neck.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Sorry pal, statistics aren’t nonsense. Unquantifiable Media catch phrases are though. Who’s using what? You’re using nothing to support any argument but your feelings.

Your both right, now let’s get back to the thread,

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Crazy the amount of faith a playoff run can give people. I remember when Florida was down 3-1 to Boston the majority of Florida posters were just waiting for it to be over and hating Maurice all year, and now the sudden 180 on the team outlook is hilarious. Seriously, go back and look at their post game threads against Boston, was just pure depression and misery with no faith.

Now if you say anything negative about them you'll have all 3 Florida panther fans jumping down your neck.
So 2 out of the 3? Think you need to learn how to count again, or just f*** off with the dumb commentary.

Not once did I post misery in those threads. Neither did those who’ve defended the team and their play in this thread.

So, stats tell the whole story? You again brought up run and gun as if they were still doing it, multiple people have addressed your posts, you go back to the same thing.

Anyway, I’m done. Season will start and we’ll see how things shake out in April. Pretty sure we’ll see more excuses and crying from Toronto.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
No he is right, you are the one looking like a clown
Show your work. There’s multiple responses by me and others showing that it wasn’t JUST Bob. My issue is that it’s posted as though Florida is going to be old Florida again and that just won’t be the case. Many things factored into it, and if you think it was “just Bob,” you’re just wrong. Period.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

The90

Feb 27, 2017
So 2 out of the 3? Think you need to learn how to count again, or just f*** off with the dumb commentary.

Not once did I post misery in those threads. Neither did those who’ve defended the team and their play in this thread.

So, stats tell the whole story? You again brought up run and gun as if they were still doing it, multiple people have addressed your posts, you go back to the same thing.

Anyway, I’m done. Season will start and we’ll see how things shake out in April. Pretty sure we’ll see more excuses and crying from Toronto.
This is exactly the conversation I had with Hab fans. The best part is I’ve asked 3 times now if you expect a .905 or .953 next year. I don’t wonder why you haven’t answered haha

Anyways, thanks for thinking of me.

Last edited:

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
This is exactly the conversation shakes out with Habs fans. The best part is I’ve asked 3 times now if you expect a .905 or .953 next year. I don’t wonder why you haven’t answered haha

Anyways, thanks for thinking of me.
Goalies are voodoo, I don’t know what to expect and who does? Bob could come in and be a monster again after finding his game in the playoffs. He could do worse. I never go into a season thinking Bob or Knight will post X save percentage. Especially with Ek and Monty out for most of the first third of the season. No Gudas. So, like with your supposed playoff stats, there’s a lot that goes into it. How many shots will he face, where are they coming from on the ice, what’s the quality?

And, again, the Habs don’t apply to the Panthers, even though you’re trying incredibly hard to make it so. Which is part of argument with you that keeps going over your head. You’ve brought up the Habs multiple times. Bob will back, Price essentially retired. Ek and Monty will be back, Weber essentially retired. They were big pieces of that run for the Habs. They literally played in a “bubble.”

Tkachuk, Barkov, Verhaeghe, Bennett, Reinhart, Lundell, and Forsling are a few names who’ll make sure the team won’t have the Montreal season. I also guaranteed the Panther make the playoffs a year ago, I was right. i usually am when it comes to the Cats.

The fact that you keep trying to compare the two shows how bad your argument is.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Goalies are voodoo, I don’t know what to expect and who does? Bob could come in and be a monster again after finding his game in the playoffs. He could do worse. I never go into a season thinking Bob or Knight will post X save percentage. Especially with Ek and Monty out for most of the first third of the season. No Gudas. So, like with your supposed playoff stats, there’s a lot that goes into it. How many shots will he face, where are they coming from on the ice, what’s the quality?

And, again, the Habs don’t apply to the Panthers, even though you’re trying incredibly hard to make it so. Which is part of argument with you that keeps going over your head. You’ve brought up the Habs multiple times. Bob will back, Price essentially retired. Ek and Monty will be back, Weber essentially retired. They were big pieces of that run for the Habs. They literally played in a “bubble.”

Tkachuk, Barkov, Verhaeghe, Bennett, Reinhart, Lundell, and Forsling are a few names who’ll make sure the team won’t have the Montreal season. I also guaranteed the Panther make the playoffs a year ago, I was right. i usually am when it comes to the Cats.

The fact that you keep trying to compare the two shows how bad your argument is.
1690743180712.gif

I’m done dude. You can’t even bother answering a basic question. Enjoy your summer.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Oh no another triggered leaf’s fan making fun of the fans. All 3 fans enjoyed watching your overrated team get eliminated again. It’s an annual tradition. Just imagine the Toronto team that is supposed to have won a cup already is just perennial losers with attitude problems. It’s so funny. Nick Cousins is your team’s father. How sad. Nick cousins LOL

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: The90 and Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
View attachment 732380
I’m done dude. You can’t even bother answering a basic question. Enjoy your summer.
Basic? What’s the leaf save percentage going to be? For that matter, go pull up Carolinas and tampas. How different are they?

Are you THAT new to hockey? Bob could be .885 it could be .953. It’ll probably be closer to .905, but I’ve not seen Bob look that good in a Panther uniform either.

Not deflection, just factors.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Basic? What’s the leaf save percentage going to be? For that matter, go pull up Carolinas and tampas. How different are they?

Are you THAT new to hockey? Bob could be .885 it could be .953. It’ll probably be closer to .905, but I’ve not seen Bob look that good in a Panther uniform either.

Not deflection, just factors.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia

I count four (4) Panther fans including myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad