Predict the Atlantic Standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Oh, and not to let facts get in the way or anything.

But, to bring receipts for your very educated yet garbage/ made up delusion to the table.

Against Toronto, Bob put up:
Aaaand .962
For an average of (drumroll please):

But yeah man. Team defence and all that. Against Carolina was worse.

Against Carolina:

For an average of:

It’s an absolute joke you think that playoff run was anything other than being carried by:

1. Timely goals and
2. An all world goaltending performance. Not unlike montreal 2 years before. Maybe I have a little trouble reading stats though so let me know pal.

The facts don’t care about your feelings bud. I had the same arguments with montreal fans. Bob was just over .900 for the regular season and was well over .950 (.953) for 2.5 rounds and that’s the result. Are you expecting .910 or .953 next year? That’s your difference between first or a wildcard team. (We both know the answer to that)
@Laus723

I’m in the admit you were wrong and don’t dodge difficult questions / stats crowd. Don’t be a coward have a discussion.

Not to mention they also chanted ‘we want boston’

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Toronto
Tampa
Boston
Florida
Ottawa
Buffalo
Detroit
Montreal.

Originally had Buffalo ahead of Ottawa but that was before Ottawa got Tarasenko

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
@Laus723

I’m in the admit you were wrong and don’t dodge difficult questions / stats crowd. Don’t be a coward have a discussion.

Not to mention they also chanted ‘we want boston’
We had a discussion, you’ve got nothing but excuses as to why your team got smoked and thumbed your nose to the reasons on what occurred with Florida. So no, you’re not in the admit you were wrong crowd, we know which crowd you were in.
Quite literally every rational person would have preferred playing Florida over Boston lmao
Yup. And I’d rather have faced the Devils over Carolina based on their defense, didn’t see anyone chanting it. Did ya. I wanted a sweep, didn’t see anyone chanting that either.

• Haha
Reactions: The90

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
We had a discussion, you’ve got nothing but excuses as to why your team got smoked and thumbed your nose to the reasons on what occurred with Florida. So no, you’re not in the admit you were wrong crowd, we know which crowd you were in.

Yup. And I’d rather have faced the Devils over Carolina based on their defense, didn’t see anyone chanting it. Did ya. I wanted a sweep, didn’t see anyone chanting that either.
That's because you have like 10 fans compared to the biggest fanbase in hockey. The likelihood of Leaf fans doing anything is naturally higher

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

The90

Feb 27, 2017

I literally took the time to backup my points with facts you didn’t like. This is the response. Must be a weak argument lol

• Haha

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I hope you realize that actually being mad over the fans chanting over wanting a certain team is absolutely moronic lmao grow up and move on.

• Haha

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018

Don’t be too hard on yourselves. Hard to get a chant going in an empty building.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I hope you realize that actually being mad over the fans chanting over wanting a certain team is absolutely moronic lmao grow up and move on.
Mad? Who tf is mad? Helped motivate my team, it’s hilarious.
That's because you have like 10 fans compared to the biggest fanbase in hockey. The likelihood of Leaf fans doing anything is naturally higher
This is absolutely moronic. Leaf fans act like they cheer on the Yankees of hockey, they don’t even cheer on the Bills.
I literally took the time to backup my points with facts you didn’t like. This is the response. Must be a weak argument lol
Yeah, luck and “everything going right,” sure are facts. Might wanna go back and reread the reasons you given.

Don’t be too hard on yourselves. Hard to get a chant going in an empty building.
Again. Moronic.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

This is absolutely moronic. Leaf fans act like they cheer on the Yankees of hockey, they don’t even cheer on the Bills.

Yeah, luck and “everything going right,” sure are facts. Might wanna go back and reread the reasons you given.
You really think your team needed to be motivated by a bunch of drunk teenagers chanting for both Florida and Boston? You are delusional. I think maaaybe the games themselves were probably motivation enough. Just a hunch. You just bought the media narrative hook line and sinker.

The90

Feb 27, 2017

Again. Moronic.
Aaaaaand the part where Bob needed a .953 to get through Toronto and Carolina? Lol.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I am not sure why people get defensive about it being mentioned how historically great Bob's run was. It doesn't like take the wins away or something....he had a ridiculous run. Trying to argue against just makes you seem insecure in your own team while trying to argue against reality.

Reactions: cyris and The90

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Aaaaaand the part where Bob needed a .953 to get through Toronto and Carolina? Lol.
Needed? He just did it. What’d they score against Boston? What exactly are you trying to prove? Just getting hopes up they’ll get to round 2 again and the “core 4” outside of Nylander will have any type of post season fire in them? Whatever you need to cope I guess, which is my point. There is no discussion to be had, you need the excuses.
You really think your team needed to be motivated by a bunch of drunk teenagers chanting for both Florida and Boston? You are delusional. I think maaaybe the games themselves were probably motivation enough. Just a hunch. You just bought the media narrative hook line and sinker.
Bahahaha, I don’t but media anything. Of course the games were enough, but seeing as how several of the players brought it up, they clearly enjoyed f***ing up the laughs for a few reasons.

• Haha

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Needed? He just did it. What’d they score against Boston? What exactly are you trying to prove? Just getting hopes up they’ll get to round 2 again and the “core 4” outside of Nylander will have any type of post season fire in them? Whatever you need to cope I guess, which is my point. There is no discussion to be had, you need the excuses.

Bahahaha, I don’t but media anything. Of course the games were enough, but seeing as how several of the players brought it up, they clearly enjoyed f***ing up the laughs for a few reasons.
You literally did buy into a media narrative clearly lol it is dumb. The fact you are still going on about it in August is sad. A bunch of drunk kids got you all f***ed up and no they didn't have literally any effect on the series.

• Haha
Reactions: The90 and Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I am not sure why people get defensive about it being mentioned how historically great Bob's run was. It doesn't like take the wins away or something....he had a ridiculous run. Trying to argue against just makes you seem insecure in your own team while trying to argue against reality.
I’ve not seen anyone get defensive about it, it was historic, but people who bring it up do so as a way to feel more better about both their team’s chances against Florida and have hopes that they’ll struggle through the season again.

As I said before, Maurice was brought in to change the way the guys play and get them playing a style that works in the playoffs better than the run and gun style was the year before. Great success in the regular season, they fell apart in the post season. Bob was amazing. Finally for us. The guys also were playing the style Maurice was coaching them to

Reactions: Howboutthempanthers

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I’ve not seen anyone get defensive about it, it was historic, but people who bring it up do so as a way to feel more better about both their team’s chances against Florida and have hopes that they’ll struggle through the season again.

As I said before, Maurice was brought in to change the way the guys play and get them playing a style that works in the playoffs better than the run and gun style was the year before. Great success in the regular season, they fell apart in the post season. Bob was amazing. Finally for us. The guys also were playing the style Maurice was coaching them to
Yeah I mean I think Florida is comfortably a playoff team again this season. I wouldn't say their playoff run is repeatable but most of them aren't. It doesn't cheapen the run. Nobody gives a shit how you win just that you do it.

Reactions: cyris and The90

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
You literally did buy into a media narrative clearly lol it is dumb. The fact you are still going on about it in August is sad. A bunch of drunk kids got you all f***ed up and no they didn't have literally any effect on the series.
Lmao. As if any TO fan wouldn’t be blasting Florida fans constantly if it was reversed. Don’t fool yourself. But yeah, it’s still hilarious. As is how clearly pissed off you are about it.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Lmao. As if any TO fan wouldn’t be blasting Florida fans constantly if it was reversed. Don’t fool yourself. But yeah, it’s still hilarious. As is how clearly pissed off you are about it.

I mean there's nothing new here you'd think people would be used to it by now

7u66oq.jpg

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I would probably be all over you for winning if it was reversed. Absolutely. I can confidently say I would not give a damn about what fans chant on the street lol

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I would probably be all over you for winning if it was reversed. Absolutely. I can confidently say I would not give a damn about what fans chant on the street lol
I’ve said we whooped their asses, you just focused on the chant aspect I posted. We’d all probably get along in person, but this is HF sometimes petty af Boards
I mean there's nothing new here you'd think people would be used to it by now

View attachment 732258
Lol. Yeah true.

The90

Feb 27, 2017

Maurice didn’t change shit lol. It was the same run and gun style except this year you had an all world goaltending performance

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Yes Bobrovsky putting up one of the best runs in playoff history in terms of goals saved above expected is certainly something that is likely to happen again and again going forward, not a fluke whatsoever. Allowing 35 shots against per game is a recipe for continued success. There’s just simply no way they don’t go 7-1 or better in OT again, all these OT games and 1 goal wins show a clear domination of the opponent, losing 9-3 to Vegas is actually the real fluke if you think about it.

They’re a good team with glaring flaws on the back end, if the goalie can catch lightning in a bottle they can definitely go on a run but 35 year old Bobrovsky and a recovering Knight aren’t who I’d expect to do that consistently.
Vegas gave Bob no chance on anything most of the finals easy to stop shots when Carolina and Toronto were hardly getting any unstoppable chances. You don't get swept in conference finals if you dominate an opponent. Vegas also made Oettinger look awful too it happens when your goalie is in constant desperation and can't see what is happening

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
They don't look stronger at center but 49 points is A LOT

Are you saying Ottawa or Boston doesn't look stronger at center?

Stutzle-Norris-Pinto is much much stronger than coyle-zacha-geekie

And then for for the top 9 wingers you've got

Tkachuk, Giroux, Tarasenko, batherson, kubalik, Greig

Vs

Pastrnak, Marchand, debrusk, van Riemsdyk, greer, Frederic

Pastrnak is the best but Ottawa's got the depth hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad