Predict the Atlantic Standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Every year there is a team in at least the final 4 if not the Final that falls under the “if things go right, they could do it” umbrella. It does feel like there are more of those teams and fewer prohibitive favorites in the East this year. Even Tampa is in the former category now. Carolina, New Jersey and maybe Toronto are the most complete teams, but the East seems pretty wide open since those teams have had troubles getting over the hump in the spring. And there will be teams that miss the playoffs this year that could have gone on a run if they made it.
No argument here. I agree with that.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
The funny thing with this thread is how sensitive people get when others don't feel the same way about their teams as they do lol.

Whether it Ottawa fans losing their shit over anyone ranking "Detroit at 6, Ottawa at 7" as if that even matters in any way at all, or Panthers fans getting upset over anyone questioning the certainty regarding their playoff status. Christ, people, get some real problems. It's a prediction thread, lol.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The funny thing with this thread is how sensitive people get when others don't feel the same way about their teams as they do lol.

Whether it Ottawa fans losing their shit over anyone ranking "Detroit at 6, Ottawa at 7" as if that even matters in any way at all, or Panthers fans getting upset over anyone questioning the certainty regarding their playoff status. Christ, people, get some real problems. It's a prediction thread, lol.
Should take your own advice then.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
Should take your own advice then.
Already did in advance. I've done nothing but predict and answer the legitimate questions people have asked me.

I dont like to assume the worst in people, so I imagine you simply made a mistake, apology accepted, all is good friend!

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

It’s annoying when people don’t know wtf they’re talking about and come off is if they do. The Panther ran over the leafs, their core was out hustled by our 3rd line, we got the goals AND Bob shut em down. Leaf fans can’t admit the first part and act like the Cats were dog shit and can’t handle being told it wasn’t all Bob. Cause if it’s just Bob (which is funny considering all the crying they did about Bennett, Gudas, Tkachuk, Cousins and Lomberg) then their forwards didn’t fold.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009

It's particularly comical since there's really no basis for the fans of any of these teams to be braggadocios. Don't really see much from Tampa and Boston fans in here.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723 and WaW

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
It's particularly comical since there's really no basis for the fans of any of these teams to be braggadocios. Don't really see much from Tampa and Boston fans in here.
Precisely. Being insecure about being a fan of the team you support in a "predict the standings" thread is just peak bin-dipping.

Reactions: The Management

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
Tell him to stay on his feet then. He won’t have a long career if he’s as soft as your core! And I agree perfectly clean. But somehow you’re still mad about it. Hopefully Gudas didn’t break Woll yelling at him because that was pretty dirty!

Congrats on making me take the side of a leaf fan here. Truly a first

• Haha
Reactions: The90

The90

Feb 27, 2017
It’s annoying when people don’t know wtf they’re talking about and come off is if they do. The Panther ran over the leafs, their core was out hustled by our 3rd line, we got the goals AND Bob shut em down. Leaf fans can’t admit the first part and act like the Cats were dog shit and can’t handle being told it wasn’t all Bob. Cause if it’s just Bob (which is funny considering all the crying they did about Bennett, Gudas, Tkachuk, Cousins and Lomberg) then their forwards didn’t fold.
Lol. I think everyone else watched a different series. No chance you’re wrong, despite a multitude of fans telling you so?

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Precisely. Being insecure about being a fan of the team you support in a "predict the standings" thread is just peak bin-dipping.
Has anyone even said they’re not a playoff team? I would consider them either the third Atlantic spot or a wildcard team. I’m not sure I’ve read otherwise in here. It’s bizarre stuff.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
What about it? Doesn’t mean we don’t have a good little team down here.

Well yeah it’s easy when you hear leaf’s fans crying every day about how lucky we were. So we own plenty of real estate in your head.

It has nothing to do with that. I am just not sure the season will go smooth for the Panthers this season either. You won't be full strength, perhaps for the whole season. I don't think a top 3 seed is guaranteed. I think that could be a reality. I am a Leafs fan, and I am not really high on the Leafs at all. Just strictly talking about Florida here. Nothing to do with being salty.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The leafs were lucky for at least 2/4 wins against Tampa this year. They played better in 2022 and lost vs this year winning and not playing as well. It shouldn’t be this hard to recognize it’s possible to not play well and win, just the same as it is to do the opposite
Ok? The result is still the same. It’s ok to sit and say “hey we played good enough to win but it didn’t happen”. Instead you leaf’s fans are going out of your way to talk shit and cry. It’s cringe. Florida won because they played good enough to win.

Reactions: Laus723

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Ok? The result is still the same. It’s ok to sit and say “hey we played good enough to win but it didn’t happen”. Instead you leaf’s fans are going out of your way to talk shit and cry. It’s cringe. Florida won because they played good enough to win.
The leafs were Florida's easiest opponent in their 4 rounds

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
The Toronto maple leafs, their fans act like they cheer on the Habs with all their trophies, or the Yankees with their decades of recent success…they’re not even the Bills of hockey.

In our heads, I just enjoy watching them lose their minds.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
Has anyone even said they’re not a playoff team? I would consider them either the third Atlantic spot or a wildcard team. I’m not sure I’ve read otherwise in here. It’s bizarre stuff.
Who, Florida? I predicted them outside the playoffs, yeah. But not by some bizarre hyperbolic amount. I think it's gonna be very close between Buffalo/Boston/Florida

Its not really a fresh hot take out of left field when you look at last year's standings and the realities particularly surrounding their goaltending.

Last edited:

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Panthers fans are going to hate reading that, but Goaltending in hockey is the most dominant position in professional sports. There’s a goalie every year that proves that. Just so happened last year it was Bob. Good on him / the panthers. Likely not repeatable. They’re a bubble team again this year that will hope Bob gets hot again.
Bob wa hot against loafs and canes
pretty good against Bruins
Average against Knights

Lit up for 9 in final game

Didn’t your coach basically said after the playoffs that your team will be in tough next season because of the injuries incurred during the run? Some guys won’t even be ready to start the season.
Sounds like what they said about Bruins last season

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Just a wildcard spot, hoping Bob gets hot again. It’s not that they’re not good, it’s that they’re just ‘good’… unless Bob gets hot. They’re losing their shit over being told that for some reason.
Not hard to understand the Panther fans' frustration since they are again being ranked behind the same Summertime Supermen who will be back on the golf course the first week of April as they always are.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Not hard to understand the Panther fans' frustration since they are again being ranked behind the same Summertime Supermen who will be back on the golf course the first week of April as they always are.
I mean the thread is predict the atlantic standings, not what atlantic team will make it the furthest. If that is what they think the thread is about (like you seem to think it is about) then I think they're getting upset for the wrong reasons.

And hey, they made it to May last year ;)

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
You seem very angry.

Also, I don't like you because your very poor hockey knowledge and terrible takes are making me have to defend the leafs.

I hate having to defend the leafs.

Stop with the shit posting and be happy your overpriced goalie gave you a good ride last postseason.
Why would I be angry? I’m talking to someone who is poorly educated. I’m just trying to help you. You’re just white knighting on a hockey message board. Peak cringe. Yeah I should’ve been happy if my overpriced goalie didn’t play well. You’re so predictably boring lol.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It’s more the fact that Leaf’s fans can’t let go of the series. Panthers fans already laughed about how easy they were to beat when the series happened and haven’t said anything since, then leafs fans all of a sudden just brought up the series out of nowhere and said they deserved to win lmao.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
It’s more the fact that Leaf’s fans can’t let go of the series. Panthers fans already laughed about how easy they were to beat when the series happened and haven’t said anything since, then leafs fans all of a sudden just brought up the series out of nowhere and said they deserved to win lmao.
It’s too bad that this thread is about predictions for next year and your performance in this thread, after being told by an equal amount of leaf and non leaf fans, that the playoff run from last year was both goalie dependant and unlikely to continue into this season, indicates hearing the truth tickled a nerve and upset you. You’re just having a hard time coming to grips with it and have an axe to grind with leaf fans when it’s 50-50 leaf and non leaf fans telling you. Somehow you get to dismiss one party telling you it was a lucky run off goaltending / timely scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad