Possible trade and roster fixes for the Wings, Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I think Alfredsson came to the Wings to play for the Wings, I highly doubt he's interested in getting traded even if it means he makes the playoffs on another team if the Wings are out of it.

I was listening to 97.1 and they were advocating trading Pavel. That's why I don't listen to them.

"I was listening to 97.1....that's why I don't listen to them"

Huh?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I think Alfredsson came to the Wings to play for the Wings, I highly doubt he's interested in getting traded even if it means he makes the playoffs on another team if the Wings are out of it.

I was listening to 97.1 and they were advocating trading Pavel. That's why I don't listen to them.

Yeah so was I. Morons. Pavel has a NTC as well. Did you hear the guy that wanted to trade Jimmy, Z and Pavel? :laugh:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Ok, who's gunna take Weiss?

He gets healthy and returns to his normal production levels, I don't think we'd have much of a problem finding a trading partner. If he doesn't get healthy, we would have enough in-house replacements to cushion it. If he's healthy and we don't want to move him, centers normally make pretty smooth transitions to the wing.

Or are you assuming he'll be healthy and put up five points a year?

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
He gets healthy and returns to his normal production levels, I don't think we'd have much of a problem finding a trading partner. If he doesn't get healthy, we would have enough in-house replacements to cushion it. If he's healthy and we don't want to move him, centers normally make pretty smooth transitions to the wing.

Or are you assuming he'll be healthy and put up five points a year?

If he's healthy and puts up normal productions levels, why would the Wings move him anywhere?

If he doesn't get healthy, maybe LTIR is an option.

If he's healthy though, then why not add him to the team?

EDIT: just want to point out that both Franzen and Datsyuk are suffering concussion syndrome.

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Sorry, Zetterberg, herniated disk, Franzen concussion, Datsyuk has been "hurt" all year.

The first two have been in the media, and it's not nothing new. Datsyuk might recover, I sure hope so.

None of which says it is "season ending."

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If he's healthy and puts up normal productions levels, why would the Wings move him anywhere?

Pretty much these decisions are no-brainers. They will play for Wings if they are healthy. They will be put on LTIR if they aren't healthy. And that's about it.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

EDIT: just want to point out that both Franzen and Datsyuk are suffering concussion syndrome.

roster space. brings back an asset we'd prefer. Cap space. If we really like Sheahan, Jarnkrok finds his offense, etc., moving a healthy Weiss for a nice return might not look like a bad option - especially if we sign a guy like Stastny as a safe guard against Z or D completely falling apart, Jarnkrok never fulfilling his potential, etc.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
roster space. brings back an asset we'd prefer. Cap space. If we really like Sheahan, Jarnkrok finds his offense, etc., moving a healthy Weiss for a nice return might not look like a bad option - especially if we sign a guy like Stastny as a safe guard against Z or D completely falling apart, Jarnkrok never fulfilling his potential, etc.

How would we trade Weiss with his NTC and awful play before FA?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Who said that? Valenti?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
How would we trade Weiss with his NTC and awful play before FA?

NTCs get waived. Unless we try to dump him in a horrible situation, I think he'd be open to being moved to a place that wants him a bit more and would give him a bigger role.

I feel like I should re-state, though, that this is all contingent on us signing a guy like Stastny, having Z and D healthy, etc. to make a guy like Weiss expendable. If we manage to get that healthy, and have that many centers, Weiss would see himself pushed down the lineup. I don't think he signed here to be a third liner getting 15 minutes of ice every night for the next four years. Though if he bought into such a role in that situation, it doesn't exactly hurt us.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Karsh and Anderson. They also defend Dan Cleary vehemently.

wat.

How can a group call to trade away Datsyuk and defend Dan Cleary? Any health/age problems Datsyuk might have, Cleary has in spades. And he has none of the upside.

donshabs

Feb 2, 2014
Playoff streak on the Line

Big Wings and Habs fan, old school original sixster..Sorry to hear about about Zetterberg, and with Pavel Datsyuk's recent injuries, can it be the Wings and Habs strike a deal..Lars Eller with either Gionta or Danny Briere..maybe prospect Mike McCarron for Mantha?? Best of luck this season.:yo::yo::amazed::yo:

donshabs

Feb 2, 2014
Habs Lars Eller plays in a bad system in Montreal, always stress defense first, would be a nice player on the Wings..Last Canadiens player to score 4 goals in a game too.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Habs Lars Eller plays in a bad system in Montreal, always stress defense first, would be a nice player on the Wings..Last Canadiens player to score 4 goals in a game too.

Wings have a defensive system too. Babs loves two way players.

If not we'd have Hudler or Brunner still.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
Curious to see what you guys would give up for Zidlicky, Fayne, Greene Salvador, Volchenkov and Jagr, you may propose separately or in a package with any of these players
Devils needs: Offensive prospects
Devils strengths lots of defensive prospects

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I'd love the hometown boy back:

Greene for Pulkkinen, Kindl/Quincey, and negotiable draft pick.

Pulkkinen is by all accounts our best offensive forward that has yet to get called up (leading the AHL team in points and really having a strong season - his first full season in North America after doing some great things in Finland shortly after being drafted.) He dropped to the 4th round, but was once considered one of the top talents of his draft class. His skating was an issue, but by all accounts it's no longer. Detroit thought highly of him as they did not want to trade him in previously speculated deals as reported by the media.

Defencemen Kindl or Quincey would have to be unloaded for cap reasons, unless you wanted and could get forward Samuelsson to waive his no trade clause. Quincey is a free agent after this season so there's no commitment there, while Kindl has years remaining. Kindl also has more potential upside at this point and had a very nice season last year, but has taken a step back this year. Some believe he needs a change of scenery.

Negotiable draft pick, because I'm not really sure of Greene's value right now. Yes he's NJ's #1 at the moment, but where would he fall into most teams' depth charts. He certainly doesn't have the value of most #1s and he'd be a 2nd pairing guy alongside another Michigan native in Dekeyser for the Red Wings.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I'd love the hometown boy back:

Greene for Pulkkinen, Kindl/Quincey, and negotiable draft pick.

Pulkkinen is by all accounts our best offensive forward that has yet to get called up (leading the AHL team in points and really having a strong season - his first full season in North America after doing some great things in Finland shortly after being drafted.) He dropped to the 4th round, but was once considered one of the top talents of his draft class. His skating was an issue, but by all accounts it's no longer. Detroit thought highly of him as they did not want to trade him in previously speculated deals as reported by the media.

Defencemen Kindl or Quincey would have to be unloaded for cap reasons, unless you wanted and could get forward Samuelsson to waive his no trade clause. Quincey is a free agent after this season so there's no commitment there, while Kindl has years remaining. Kindl also has more potential upside at this point and had a very nice season last year, but has taken a step back this year. Some believe he needs a change of scenery.

Negotiable draft pick, because I'm not really sure of Greene's value right now. Yes he's NJ's #1 at the moment, but where would he fall into most teams' depth charts. He certainly doesn't have the value of most #1s and he'd be a 2nd pairing guy alongside another Michigan native in Dekeyser for the Red Wings.

(If anyone else has articles or the like backing me up on this, thanks)

IIRC Detroit brass is quite high on Pulkkinen, and didn't want to included him in deals when asked about him. I like Greene, but rather have Zidlicky on a 1-2 year deal.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Curious to see what you guys would give up for Zidlicky, Fayne, Greene Salvador, Volchenkov and Jagr, you may propose separately or in a package with any of these players
Devils needs: Offensive prospects
Devils strengths lots of defensive prospects

I responded in a thread about Jagr and Zidlicky, but with Zetterberg done(and Franzen, and Datsyuk still kinda hurt), I doubt the Wings make an moves for UFA's now.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
(If anyone else has articles or the like backing me up on this, thanks)

IIRC Detroit brass is quite high on Pulkkinen, and didn't want to included him in deals when asked about him. I like Greene, but rather have Zidlicky on a 1-2 year deal.

They would not include him in deals for Sammy Pahlsson or Paul Gaustad, I don't think he is untouchable though they just didn't like those players enough. They have always had nice things to say about him though to be honest most of those were said by Nill over the years, so I am not sure about his standing anymore. Has certainly had and impressive year so his stock is probably much better in terms of a trading chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad