Management POHO Staios/GM D̶o̶r̶i̶o̶n̶/Front Office Thread - Part X [Mod Warning in post 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Steve Staios confirms that Daniel Alfredsson is “officially” back in the #Sens organization . Exact title to be defined. “You’re going to see him working with the players and the coaches. He will be here often.”

BIG PLUS

Fresh eyes and ideas for the coaching staff

Last edited:

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Tarasenko would be fine if they put him in a position to succeed which is what good managers and coaches do.

Instead it seems like a miracle we'll ever see him and Stutzle together, just like we never saw DBC and Stutzle together.

Much more important to stack a top line even though the stacked top line is so bad defensively that it struggles to be positive.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

Steve Staios confirms that Daniel Alfredsson is “officially” back in the #Sens organization . Exact title to be defined. “You’re going to see him working with the players and the coaches. He will be here often.”

BIG PLUS

thank alfie.

it is clear that leadership is one of the biggest issues on this club.

Dorion is insecure.

DJ panders to his players so that they are on his side instead of making the hard decisions.

Brady is sort of spoiled honestly and it is clear that he does not think it is important that he should play defensively or backcheck for the team, that attitude trickles down from a captain.

Chabot was overplayed for so long on a bad team that now he plays stressed and scared all the time.

Alfie is a true leader and I hope he has a big role. Right hand man of Steve and keeps all the coaches and players accountable.

Reactions: LiseL

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Tarasenko would be fine if they put him in a position to succeed which is what good managers and coaches do.

Instead it seems like a miracle we'll ever see him and Stutzle together, just like we never saw DBC and Stutzle together.

Much more important to stack a top line even though the stacked top line is so bad defensively that it struggles to be positive.
Right now without Norris and Pinto why not have Tkachuk-Stu-Tarasenko and then you have Kubalik-Giroux-Batherson, I mean I'm pretty sure G can play center :sarcasm:

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
thank alfie.

it is clear that leadership is one of the biggest issues on this club.

Dorion is insecure.

DJ panders to his players so that they are on his side instead of making the hard decisions.

Brady is sort of spoiled honestly and it is clear that he does not think it is important that he should play defensively or backcheck for the team, that attitude trickles down from a captain.

Chabot was overplayed for so long on a bad team that now he plays stressed and scared all the time.

Alfie is a true leader and I hope he has a big role. Right hand man of Steve and keeps all the coaches and players accountable.
Do you feel better now? Let me tell you something Dorion is not the only one feeling insecure around here though! Sens fans as a whole are insecure

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Do you feel better now? Let me tell you something Dorion is not the only one feeling insecure around here though! Sens fans as a whole are insecure

I'm not insecure about the team I'm disappointed.

I have never seen such a lack of accountability from a team that is always going on about how important winning is.

I feel better now that Alfie is here. Alfie will call these coaches and players out.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Ok. So will the, approximately, $14M+ of cap space next year with 15 roster players already signed be taken into account as well? Cause that seems like the kind of long term cap management that everyone wants, no?
Until last year when we made a splash signing Debrincat (and Chychrun later), we were a rebuilding team that had Melnyk as its owner, so we were accumulating draft picks and not really doing much in the way of free agents, etc. So, yes I would expect us to have a some cap room in this case.

Plus, I think you'll see that cap room disappear pretty quickly.

I get that you (and a few others) want to be hopeful and see these things (and pretty well everything else) in a positive light, but at some point there's the realization that it is what it is, namely that we are in cap & roster situation that isn't great and that is the responsibility of the GM. We didn't get all that much from the Debrincat trade even and Korchinski would help our roster now & long term. And, I along with the majority of Senator fans, we hope that Tarasenko finds another gear given that $5 m was spent on the guy in lieu of securing our young & up & coming 3 C.

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
Poster on Athletic mentions to trade for a LTIR contract for (Bryan Little)

-Saves arizona actual $$

-Gives ottawa cap LTIR flexibility to sign Pinto

-Sens have roster room

Thoughts !?!

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
The team that still makes the most sense for Joseph is Chicago.

With how well Bedard has looked, I think they want to win some games this year. And they have mountains of cap space. Joseph would be a useful player for them, this year and in the future. Especially now with Hall out week-to-week.

He's had a great camp, and I think that'd also be a good landing spot for him.

For Ottawa, they could run:

Tkachuk - Stützle - Giroux
Smejkal - Norris - Tarasenko
Greig - Pinto - Batherson
Kelly - Kastelic - MacEwen

Reactions: OTC

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Poster on Athletic mentions to trade for a LTIR contract for (Bryan Little)

-Saves arizona actual $$

-Gives ottawa cap LTIR flexibility to sign Pinto

-Sens have roster room

Thoughts !?!

That doesn't do anything for us.

You see LTIR used in two ways. The first is for teams trying to hit the minimum and taking on LTIR contracts do to so, as the Sens did while rebuilding. The second is teams putting their own players on LTIR either to bury a bad contract (Matt Murray) or to exceed the cap once the playoffs begin (Tampa Bay).

Reactions: Masked

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
That doesn't do anything for us.

You see LTIR used in two ways. The first is for teams trying to hit the minimum and taking on LTIR contracts do to so, as the Sens did while rebuilding. The second is teams putting their own players on LTIR either to bury a bad contract (Matt Murray) or to exceed the cap once the playoffs begin (Tampa Bay).
What are you talking about

Sens acquire the contract and they automatically create cap space...

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
What are you talking about

Sens acquire the contract and they automatically create cap space...

I am not a cap expert, but I really don't think that's how it works.

First, they have no way of trading for Little's contract unless they're sending back roughly $5.1M out. That's not going to happen.

But say they could trade for his contract (even though it would put them over the cap by ~$5M), all that would happen is his contract goes on LTIR and you're back where you started - with $60K in cap space.

Reactions: redbrick98

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

BIG PLUS

Fresh eyes and ideas for the coaching staff

Found it interesting this article didn’t mention Pierre Dorion once and it had Andlauer, Staois and DJ in it.
And since it’s a players position weird PD wasn’t mentioned once

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Maybe, but that doesn't address the sequencing question.

Do you commit so much money to wingers (i.e., Tarasenko) or bottom of roster players when you have your 2C returning from surgery and your 3C without a contract?

Professional project managers plan & strategize (use GANTT charts, critical path, etc.) the steps that are required to meet a goal and the sequence in which they need to occur. Sequencing is very important and not addressing it correctly is often the cause of failed projects.
Tarasenko is a high profile NHL player with a pretty good resume, are you saying they should not have signed him? After all the talk of good players not wanting to come here, they got a good one who did. Yes, they have a small money problem at the moment, but they only need to find someone to take one or two guys to free up the money, it's only one game into the season & not that big a deal. The cap didn't cost the game last night goaltending & Stuetzle had a tough night. Does anyone expect this team to win the Stanley Cup this yr? I don't think so, but I think they will make the playoffs & hopefully make some noise.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
If I am Staios , I am giving Dorion 24 hours to make a decision and create the cap space. Next thing you know there will be a trade request.

Completely irresponsible on Dorion's part

True. Maybe threaten him somehow by leaving a cryptic phone message... or maybe they talk about this already a lot since they work together and they have a plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad