Series Talk: Playoff Qualifier Series: Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks (VAN wins 3-1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Why aren't the best teams playing the worst like a normal playoff round. I mean to say why are the Avs playing the Blues in the first round instead of one of those teams playing us as we are one of the worst teams?

Because that's not the first round. It's a round robin mini tune up tourney while the first 8 teams get eliminated.

Reactions: DRichter

Amebushi

Jul 14, 2020
Sometimes it seems like the fans of other teams won't be happy till we start passing the puck to them, and completely eliminate backchecking.

Is this too much to ask for? It’s not my fault that my favourite team only has 3.5 NHL defenders ‍♂️

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
This is the happiest I have heard Mikko Koivu sound it’s awesome he sounds excited to get going.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Canucks fan coming in peace

Before our series gets going I’m just so happy that hockey is back and I’m hoping we all enjoy this series, I remember the last time we met, how much I hated your team, how certain I was the Canucks we’re gonna steamroll their way to the cup that year, after you it was the Ducks and we could have handled them with ease

Even though we lost and I was so engaged and entertained, that’s all I ask for now

good luck guys, the gloves come on in a few hours

P10p

May 15, 2012
Watched the highlights again and looks like Soucy was on the wrong side of every Colorado goal.

Goal one, lazy one handed chop, not enough and Donskoi scores.

Goal two, bad offensive zone pinch and a quick counter leaves him stuck in the offensive zone. Now we should be able to recover from this, but nonetheless, for a structured defensive team we can't make mistakes like this.

Goal three, puck comes to the goalmouth and Landeskog beats Soucy out front. Again, it was an Avs 5-3 so give some slack for that...

Love Soucy as a player and I think he will come ready in this series..

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Watched the highlights again and looks like Soucy was on the wrong side of every Colorado goal.

Goal one, lazy one handed chop, not enough and Donskoi scores.

Goal two, bad offensive zone pinch and a quick counter leaves him stuck in the offensive zone. Now we should be able to recover from this, but nonetheless, for a structured defensive team we can't make mistakes like this.

Goal three, puck comes to the goalmouth and Landeskog beats Soucy out front. Again, it was an Avs 5-3 so give some slack for that...

Love Soucy as a player and I think he will come ready in this series..
Soucy wasn't even on the ice for the 2nd goal. The other 2 were much more poor goaltending than anything that Soucy did

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
1061157C-9E2F-49CA-9DB5-595DAF31D6D3.jpeg

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Based on tonight's game, we should be able to sweep those puppies.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Is anyone concerned that Fenton might have known what he was doing and firing him was a mistake?

Fiala and Hartman looking good has me a little concerned, especially Fiala. I guess you could point to Zucc as a counter example.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Is anyone concerned that Fenton might have known what he was doing and firing him was a mistake?

Fiala and Hartman looking good has me a little concerned, especially Fiala. I guess you could point to Zucc as a counter example.
Nope, because the problems with Fenton went way beyond just player transactions.

Reactions: Blue Ox

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
Great goaltending, excellent discipline, physical play. Check, check, check. That's playoff hockey. Big win!

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Pretty nice win, got some goaltending and that was really the only question mark.

Should be easy enough for the wild bottom 6 to dominate the canucks bottom 6 and Petterson.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Fenton pretty clearly knew what he was doing. Still needed to be fired if he was a pain in the ass in the day to day job.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Fenton is a super scout. He’s a tremendous asset to an organization but he was unfit for the GM role

Reactions: fentonsbrainchild

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I've seen a lot of talk about how great of a game Columbus played defensively against Toronto and while I personally didn't think it was anything special, I wanted to see how the Wild played against Vancouver by the same metrics and here's what Natural Stat Trick pumped out:

eQbEY4h.png

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Bottom 3 numbers are the only ones that matter. Only 18 scoring chances when they played most of the game with the lead is outstanding. Even more impressive when you realize that probably half the Wild forwards had poor games. Stalock and the D were awesome.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Bottom 3 numbers are the only ones that matter. Only 18 scoring chances when they played most of the game with the lead is outstanding. Even more impressive when you realize that probably half the Wild forwards had poor games. Stalock and the D were awesome.
Donato - Koivu - Hartman were particularly good from a forward perspective but our D (particularly Brodin-Dumba, didn't give up a single high-danger chance against w/ absurd xGF% numbers) definitely carried the load and Stalock was great.

RbSV0Kw.png

Reactions: Spurgeon

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Donato - Koivu - Hartman were particularly good from a forward perspective but our D (particularly Brodin-Dumba, didn't give up a single high-danger chance against w/ absurd xGF% numbers) definitely carried the load and Stalock was great.

RbSV0Kw.png

Yeah, I really didn't ever feel nervous in this game. Seemed like the Canucks could do absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad