Series Talk: Playoff Qualifier Series: Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks (VAN wins 3-1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Parise is the last guy on the roster that you would want playing with Zuccarello. Ek is definitely not the center you want Zuccarello with. Do you even watch the games or do you just check up on Zuccarello's stats?

I know you don't like Parise, but I couldn't care less about it. I don't see why Ek and Zucc wouldn't work, they're getting along very well off the ice, probably the most likable Swede on this team.

You can see how Zucc keeps feeding his linemates, that's his job as a playmaker. A smart coach would put a sniper on his line. Oh wait...I guess the Wild don't have one. When is Kaprizov here?

Reactions: MNRube

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I know you don't like Parise, but I couldn't care less about it. I don't see why Ek and Zucc wouldn't work, they're getting along very well off the ice, probably the most likable Swede on this team.

You can see how Zucc keeps feeding his linemates, that's his job as a playmaker. A smart coach would put a sniper on his line. Oh wait...I guess the Wild don't have one. When is Kaprizov here?
Ek is the center of the matchup line. Evason isn't going to break up his shutdown line just to try and get more offense out of Zuccarello. It makes even less sense when you realize that Ek and Zuccarello have zero similarities in their game. Zuccarello playing with north/south dump and chase players is a waste. Zuccarello needs a quality offensive center to be fully effective. The Wild only have one of those at the moment, and he's playing with Fiala.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I thought Zucc was solid. He won a lot of puck battles.

Kunin was bad I thought. He is lucky we are desperate for RH shots - that is pretty much the only thing I like about his game at the moment. Seems like he is terrified to make a mistake and plays too conservatively. Also he has the quickness of a 38 year old coming off major surgery.

Reactions: Webster

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Kunin was bad I thought. He is lucky we are desperate for RH shots - that is pretty much the only thing I like about his game at the moment. Seems like he is terrified to make a mistake and plays too conservatively. Also he has the quickness of a 38 year old coming off major surgery.
I thought Kunin was solid in his own end. He did kill quite a few offensive opportunities though. He's pretty good at finding open ice for quality scoring chances but he fans or shanks most of them.

Reactions: TaLoN

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

His line is going up against Vancouver’s top line. Their specific role is to play mistake free hockey and give the other lines an advantage against Vancouver’s bottom 6.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Donato and Galchenyuk together would be an atrocious defensive line, unless we can get Bob Gainey to be the other wing.

Any line that has JEE on it is going to be our defensive stopper line. Any goals are a bonus. Zucc is ok, but his lack of size and speed mirrors Parise's...not a good recipe for a "stopper" line. Zucc can try to make things happen offensively with Galchenyuk, and on the #2PP.

Greenway was decent(as were most of the forwards), but if he isn't consistently working hard on the 1st line then he'll be sent down, and Parise will be moved up to the 1st.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
His line is going up against Vancouver’s top line. Their specific role is to play mistake free hockey and give the other lines an advantage against Vancouver’s bottom 6.

4th line also was instrumental in shutting down EP line. Kunin was a small piece of the puzzle and brings nothing offensively right now. He needs to be more assertive

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Greenway - X - Fiala
Kaprizov - Staal - Zuccarello
Parise - Eriksson Ek - Kunin
Foligno - Sturm - Hartman

That pesky "X"...
I’ve thought Domi’s hands and pace has looked good in the games I’ve watched since the break. I think he could work there, I just don’t think I’d like the deal that would be required.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’ve thought Domi’s hands and pace has looked good in the games I’ve watched since the break. I think he could work there, I just don’t think I’d like the deal that would be required.

I've definitely been trying to notice when he's out there, try and get a good look. Same with the Stromes in their games.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I've definitely been trying to notice when he's out there, try and get a good look. Same with the Stromes in their games.
I thought strome was fantastic in both games I saw. If we could get him without selling a top 4 D, it’s a no brainer to me.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I do think that Kaprizov-Staal-Zuccarello could be a really good line. Put Fiala and Kaprizov together on the PP. I’d love to get a right shot C if possible this summer, but not a ton of great options.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
How does Dylan Strome's skating look relative to the center position? That was always what was holding him back, not his skill.

@KaprizovSaveUs @Dr Jan Itor

MacKinnon he ain't, but I didn't notice much of a problem in game 1. Will watch at least a couple periods tonight. I really think the skating stuff is overblown. Where exactly was it holding him back? Three A+ CHL seasons, 53 points in 50 AHL games at 20 years old, 89 points in 116 games in Chicago (63 per 82 pace). A weird narrative developed quickly on him that I never really understood. Probably because of the two guys picked ahead, and the one picked behind him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zucc fighting Roussel would be stupid, and a win for VAN.

Domi has looked like a nonentity, to me. Wouldn't trade Brodin for that player.

Reactions: fentonsbrainchild

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Zucc fighting Roussel would be stupid, and a win for VAN.

Domi has looked like a nonentity, to me. Wouldn't trade Brodin for that player.
I woudn't trade Brodin period.

hopefully Guerin and Brodin agent come up with a "wink-wink" agreement and he signs after expansion draft.

I'd trade Dumba before Brodin under any circumstances. I've been a Brodin fan forever

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Greenway - X - Fiala
Kaprizov - Staal - Zuccarello
Parise - Eriksson Ek - Kunin
Foligno - Sturm - Hartman

That pesky "X"...

Just stalking would Krejci be ok for X, atleast he is cheap.
Hoping for a big win for my fantasy Fiala!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad