Series Talk: Playoff Qualifier Series: Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks (VAN wins 3-1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Of course I went to bed with five minutes left and missed both of the Fiala goals...

Parise, Brodin, Fiala, Kunin and Hartman were great tonight.
I actually thought Fiala was pretty bad, at least in the first 55 minutes.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Of course I went to bed with five minutes left and missed both of the Fiala goals...

I actually thought Fiala was pretty bad, at least in the first 55 minutes.
He played fine. He setup staal a few times and had some good rushes. Bar is just pretty high these days. He was frustrated for sure.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
Another noteworthy thing they brought up a few times on the broadcast was faceoffs. The Wild are getting crushed in that department right now.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Another noteworthy thing they brought up a few times on the broadcast was faceoffs. The Wild are getting crushed in that department right now.
doesn't help that our Cs keep getting booted. I was only able to watch the 2nd and 3rd period but it was common enough to see staal koivu and ek booted from the face off.

Reactions: Wild11MN

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Would it be out of the question to put Mayhew with Zucc and bump Foligno down to Koivus line and drop Donato out of the lineup? I doubt defensively it would be great but you have to think Mayhew can score at a better rate than Foligno would.

mahnster

Jun 30, 2018

Staal is 28.6% through two games. The team as a whole is 38.8% which lands us dead last of the teams that are in the play in round.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
So, here is some statistics for you:

Minnesota Wild centers (Koivu, Staal, Cullen, Coyle, Eriksson-Ek) in the last playoff series against Winnipeg wound up with:

5 GP, 2 goals, 9 assists and a -11

This series against Vancouver:

2 GP, 0 goals, 2 assists and is a +1

If this doesn't scream we need a top line center, nothing will.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So, here is some statistics for you:

Minnesota Wild centers (Koivu, Staal, Cullen, Coyle, Eriksson-Ek) in the last playoff series against Winnipeg wound up with:

5 GP, 2 goals, 9 assists and a -11

This series against Vancouver:

2 GP, 0 goals, 2 assists and is a +1

If this doesn't scream we need a top line center, nothing will.
Staal alone has 4 assists

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
What are the chances that Evason is ready to show the world his Kahkonen?

tenor.gif

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Would it be out of the question to put Mayhew with Zucc and bump Foligno down to Koivus line and drop Donato out of the lineup? I doubt defensively it would be great but you have to think Mayhew can score at a better rate than Foligno would.
Yes, it would be out of the question. Mayhew is not an NHL player.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Regarding zuke:

The skill,passion,vision and such is there - only thing missing is the important chemestry with the team mates..

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
@Webster how much has Zucc played LW? Cause if Staal is going to be a non-factor I’d love to see a Zucc-Staal-Fiala line even if for only a period

I said this in another thread, but I don’t know why this hasn’t been tried yet

They weren't tried out together in the Boudreau era either right?

Just seems really weird to not put our best playmaker with our best scorer. It also balances the lines a lot better. Zuccarello makes no sense being on a line with Foligno. I also think Zuccarello would be more effective on the LW, I don't really understand how a playmaker is better on their off-hand wing.

Kaprizov would be nice to have right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad