GDT: All things training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
There in lies the issue. This org has brought in a lot of depth players over the last few year on term deals, or extended said talent. It makes it hard to fit your Lambert's/Heinola's in whe you are spending roughly $25 million in cap on depth (Nino, Appelton, Namestnikov, iafallo, Dillion, and Schmidt).

You don't need to sell me on your youth integration plan. Dallas has showed everyone how to merge an old and young core to create an elite team. If it were up to me I would have been more aggressive with it. I would have had Perfetti and Snerg in advanced roles last year, I would have integrated Ville once he was healthy down the stretch. It would have given this org much more certainty in what they had going into this year and would have maybe given such a risk adverse org more of a safety net to integrate more young talent.

If Dallas is the standard, Mavrik Bourque is the same age as Perfetti and has played 1 NHL game. Stankoven played most of the year in the AHL last year. Thomas Harley played 3 years in the AHL.

I don’t think you actually want the Jets to follow that pattern…

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If Dallas is the standard, Mavrik Bourque is the same age as Perfetti and has played 1 NHL game. Stankoven played most of the year in the AHL last year. Thomas Harley played 3 years in the AHL.

I don’t think you actually want the Jets to follow that pattern…

They also have Johnson, Robertson, Hintz, Ottegier and Heiskanen as their young core. Obviously there is always a balance between how many kids vs vets to have but Dallas has a real strong young core to carry a lot of the load.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
It always seems that we say “major influx of young guys will be next year”. Then when that training camp comes we say “major influx of young guys will be next year.”
But we continue to fill up with plugs who block our younger players that need to start meshing with our aging core.
Personally, I’m a fan of running the Lowry line plus three talented/fast/forechecking/scoring lines that get semi-equal minutes.
Tire out the other team with fresh aggressive lines.
We have the talent to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad