Friedman: Players don’t want to sign in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yeah, burning down local businesses owned by completely innocent individuals (Many of which who were black themselves) sure is a great way to effectively fight against white supremacists.

Anti fascists indeed.

It did work though. I think police officers who have racist tendencies who previously thought they could get away with just about anything are now looking over their shoulder at the very least and aware there will be hell to pay if they are caught doing something out of pocket especially by a citizen who has a camera on them.

I think they're also aware they can actually now go to jail when there is massive public backlash to their actions and not just get away with a slap on the wrist.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
I love the assumption that I’m not vaccinated. Everyone that disagrees with you is unvaccinated and has no idea about anything apparently.

The economic after effects and the mental health issues that will rise out of these extended lockdowns are very dangerous

According to Statscan, 15 percent of Canadians had the sufficient number of symptoms for a diagnosis in Major Depressive Disorder and 13 percent generalized anxiety, both highly elevated during COVID

Oh absolutely. Extroverts struggled massively with the lockdowns. But introverts thrived. That's nuance for you.

Regardless, it's almost like those things pale in the face of a once in a hundred years global pandemic that threatened to overrun hospitals leading to all sorts of destructive down stream effects. But that's hard to imagine. And since it didn't happen, it must mean all of this was just hysterical fearmongering nonsense and the lockdowns which kept people away from each other and helped curb the spread of the virus had no effect. Obvious overreach. Clearly nothing scientific there.

Again, real funny that the competently led countries that had some of the most severe restrictions aside from the totalitarian ones are now thriving and doing a lot better than the wishy-washy poorly run western states that heavily prioritized billionaires getting richer over regular people dying.

Reactions: KapG

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
There are many types of protests. When the peaceful types go ignored what do you think is gonna happen?
I'll admit I agree with this, which is why if we go back into a BS lockdown in the fall and enter enforced vaccine territory you can bet I'm going to f*** shit up.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Whatever it takes for the liberals to institute one party communist rule. First Canada and then the world! As everyone knows, the untested vaccine puts a microchip inside you that makes you communist. It's why ever since I got it I've been calling everyone comrade.
The sarcasm does not make you intelligent. I....don't even know what to make of this.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Oh absolutely. Extroverts struggled massively with the lockdowns. But introverts thrived. That's nuance for you.

Regardless, it's almost like those things pale in the face of a once in a hundred years global pandemic that threatened to overrun hospitals leading to all sorts of destructive down stream effects. But that's hard to imagine. And since it didn't happen, it must mean all of this was just hysterical fearmongering nonsense and the lockdowns which kept people away from each other and helped curb the spread of the virus had no effect. Obvious overreach. Clearly nothing scientific there.

Again, real funny that the competently led countries that had some of the most severe restrictions aside from the totalitarian ones are now thriving and doing a lot better than the wishy-washy poorly run western states that heavily prioritized billionaires getting richer over regular people dying.

You seem to be missing the nuance in the argument about their being a difference between outright denial about a pandemic and believing that restrictions were incompetent and draconian in certain places.

For example how do you lock down an entire province for over six months keep a lot of people from working but still have international flights coming in.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
It did work though. I think racist police officers who previously thought they could get away with just about anything are now looking over their shoulder at the very least and aware there will be hell to pay if they are caught doing something out of pocket especially by a citizen who has a camera on them.

I think they're also aware they can actually now go to jail when there is massive public backlash to their actions.

You think the burning and looting of innocent individuals businesses had a massive impact on racism around the Country? This isn't the first time we've seen riots around the Country, I'm old enough to remember Ferguson burning to the ground long before the George Floyd murder happened.

The countless criminals who were out looting themselves a new Television with a smile on their face didn't care about George Floyd, they merely used his death as an excuse to go out and cause destruction. There's zero evidence to suggest these clowns had any impact on Chauvin being convicted.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The vaccine hesitancy is kinda funny to me because most of the people who buy into that also agree that the virus is not natural but was manufactured in a laboratory.

So if you don't get vaccinated, you're likely eventually going to catch the synthetic, man-made virus that does who knows what to your system as the alternative.

I don't see how you come out a winner there.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You think the burning and looting of innocent individuals had a massive impact on racism around the Country? This isn't the first time we've seen riots around the Country, I'm old enough to remember Ferguson burning to the ground long before the George Floyd murder happened.

The countless criminals who were out looting themselves a new Television with a smile on their face didn't care about George Floyd, they merely used his death as an excuse to go out and cause destruction. There's zero evidence to suggest these clowns had any impact on Chauvin being convicted.

I think Derek Chauvin would have gotten away with a slap on the wrist and would sitting at home eating a pizza right now if people did not get so angry about what happened that it put immense pressure on the legal system to finally do something. Because that was the previous status quo.

I think a crooked police officer today who's been used to doing shady shit for much of their career is a little scared these days of getting caught doing something bad on camera.

But ok, a TV was stolen.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
I don't think the attention aspect actually bothers US born players though. I think from their POV it's kinda cool in that aspect ... they've grown up all their lives in the US where hockey is like a 4th/5th tier sport, to come to Canada where it's the no.1 sport is a cool novelty for them.

It's actually Canadian players I think that crave the anonymity of US markets where they can go places and no one cares who they are.

But at the end of the day for American born players especially those with US family/wifey, Canada just is always going to be a "bizarro land" version of the US. The US is the center of the universe and that just is what it is for them.
Very true! I think many in America see Canada as a utopia where nobody is judged and everyone is accepted and cared for, but when having to deal with the Taxes and everything else comes with having to move up there, most Americans are deciding to instead stick to where they currently reside or move to other places in the United States.

Reactions: Devonator

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I think Derek Chauvin would have gotten away with a slap on the wrist and would sitting at home eating a pizza right now if people did not get so angry about what happened that it put immense pressure on the legal system to finally do something. Because that was the previous status quo.

I think a crooked police officer today who's been used to doing shady shit for much of their career is a little scared these days of getting caught doing something bad on camera.

But ok, a TV was stolen.
Vandalizing businesses that had NOTHING to do with the incident does not help. At all. BLM/Antifa are just terrorists who were salivating for a reason to create anarchy.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
You seem to be missing the nuance in the argument about their being a difference between outright denial about a pandemic and believing that restrictions were incompetent and draconian in certain places.

For example how do you lock down an entire province for over six months keep a lot of people from working but still have international flights coming in.

Again, no said the government did a particularly good job. But not restricting international travel correctly does not mean they should have abandoned quarantine measures and let the health care system collapse.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Vandalizing businesses that had NOTHING to do with the incident does not help. At all. BLM/Antifa are just terrorists who were salivating for a reason to create anarchy.

All I know is a murdering cop is in jail today whereas without those protests he would've hide behind his badge and gotten away on a technicality.

So to that end, the movement served it's cause.

Racist cops in general probably are shit scared now that they can't do random bullshit without the hammer coming down on them next.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Coercing medical procedures IS. NOT. OKAY. Ever hear of the Nuremberg Code? It's my God given right not to inject myself with it and still have the same privileges I've always had. I will literally die on that hill because I possess something called a spine.

You have the right to not take it, but I think a owner of a private business has equally the right to say you're not allowed in their premises or you have to provide proof of a negative test done recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad