Player Discussion Nikita Zadorov

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I did before he was a bruin. I didn’t actually think they’d sign him
Me too.
It's not the percentage allotted to the defense over all, it’s that they're paying their bottom pairing of Peeke and Zad $7.75 mill per as a cap hit. That's insane when you look at the fact that their top 6 looks like Swiss cheese. That nearly 8 mill could have and should have been used on an impact player instead of bottom pairing stiffs, who by the nature of their roles, should be low cost players. Paying them that while leaving massive holes at the top of the roster is why this team is in cap trouble.
i disagree. I think the bruins defence looks scary good this season. Other teams will fear the corners.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I would agree. I was really impressed with how good he's looked. Looks really calm, and making very smart plays.
He has looked good, and makes believe that I have been right that injuries have affected his play.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
No, because I feel like the Zadorov signing was a mistake and misguided. He’s a luxury to have if you don’t have glaring holes elsewhere.

And that’s a great counterpoint to my concern about over paying the third pairing.
Yeah someone pointed it out to me, I was thinking the same thing as you (shocking I know :sarcasm:)

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
No, because I feel like the Zadorov signing was a mistake and misguided. He’s a luxury to have if you don’t have glaring holes elsewhere.

And that’s a great counterpoint to my concern about over paying the third pairing.
Kevan Miller’s cap hit was 2.5m 8 years ago when he signed and he was (mostly) beloved here. I’m curious what % of the cap 2.5 was back then in 2016. Without spending too much time looking it up I’d assume Zadarov’s % is just slightly higher? We were (mostly) all onboard with Miller in a 3rd pairing role as a shït stirrer. But here some use Zadarov as the poster boy for why Boston will suck this season. Then again I’m not a math wiz

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
Kevan Miller’s cap hit was 2.5m 8 years ago when he signed and he was (mostly) beloved here. I’m curious what % of the cap 2.5 was back then in 2016. Without spending too much time looking it up I’d assume Zadarov’s % is just slightly higher? We were (mostly) all onboard with Miller in a 3rd pairing role as a shït stirrer. But here some use Zadarov as the poster boy for why Boston will suck this season. Then again I’m not a math wiz
kevin miller 2016 3.42%
Zadorov 2024 5.68%

Reactions: Oates2Neely

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Zadarov's $5 million in an $88m cap (5.68%) is considerably more than what Miller's $2.5 took out of the 2016 cap ( 3.42% of $73 million).

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
We shouldn't take Miller's hit in isolation, at least early on. He and McQuaid each earned $2.5m, which means one would usually be playing while the other was on IR.

I always saw them as one $5m bottom pairing defenseman.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
So 2.26% more? Oh well there goes the season

Not what I said. Personally, I'm very happy they signed him, he's something they've been missing for a long time. But objectively, he's not the same cap hit as Miller.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Zadorov isn't 3rd pairing bc of play. He was our best D is preseason and he loves to attack so the Bruins want to free him offensively up by putting him with our most defensive guy (Peeke).

Lohrei also needs a D-guy but needs a more stable veteran (insert Carlo over Peeke).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad