Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Clever Thread Title Needed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
TB along with Zar are fourth line players and should get contracts that reflect that. Zar 1.2 topps. TB 2 to 2.5 would be in the range of what I would offer him. Right now with out some cap space opening, tough to see what can be done. I expose Tanev to Seattle and they take him. Love the player but I fear his ability to stay healthy with his style of play and size is not great.

Something close to what McCann got.

I’d go like 3x3 or so.
I don't personally think this is outlandish, but Blueger's career high (so far) is 22 points in 69 games during the 2019-20 season. (With that said, he has 21 points in 39 games so far this season.) ZAR's career high is 17 points in 43 games during the 2018-19 season. I realize Blueger is a center and is doing to get more money than a winger as a result, but why should he get that much more?

Last edited:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm low-key worried about what Matheson's gonna look like without Ceci. :laugh: Excited for the rollercoaster though.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Friedman said on 31 Thoughts Hall was going to waive for Isles.

Then I got nothing. It's weird and stupid. Maybe Hall doesn't plug directly into the Lee hole but it's at least LW for LW. Wondering how Palmieri fitted in there was an obvious thing. I'd add - what I didn't say at the time but now seems obvious - is that Palmieri is a high end complimentary piece for a team full of them, and Hall could be a focal point for a line.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
In a good scenario, Petts moved, one of Tanev, Zucker is taken by Seattle and Pens have more than enough to sign TB, Ceci and Zar with some left for shopping if a LW doesn't develop like DOC. Hate to lose Tanev but he plays that style that will lead to potential injuries and in a tight cap world, have to consider that.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Submission for a thread name: Oh yeah, well DANIEL SPRONG is WRONG, but Cody Ceci can pee-pee.

Friedman said on 31 Thoughts Hall was going to waive for Isles.

That's even more mystifying, then. Considering what Hall went for at his retained price, and the fact that NYI are not exactly heavy on gamebreaking talent right now. They've got Barzal that can headfake and deke his way through defenses, but having a speedy, slashing talent in Hall to compliment that (at less money, assuming Buffalo still retained 50%) would have made so much more sense to add to a team that already had Bailey, Nelson, Pageau, Cizikas, etc. But of course, the factor of Lou getting some of his old Devils on board mustve been too tempting.

Guaranteed. Probably 4 years at 4mil per.

Lol, they would be insane fools to do it given their cap situation, but I would not be shocked. Their obsession with collecting our former players is seemingly boundless. I'm guessing if they find the cap room, they let their some of their depth guys walk and maybe toss overpays Gaudreau, Rodrigues and Scevior too.

They're going to have to bribe Seattle to get rid of an expensive player. For all the hoopla about getting rid of Panik's money, Francis would be stupid as hell to take Oshie off their hands for anything less than a first rounder. "Hometown" factor be damned.

Last edited:
Reactions: HandshakeLine

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Submission for a thread name: Oh yeah, well SPRONG is WRONG, but Cody Ceci can pee-pee.

That's even more mystifying, then. Considering what Hall went for at his retained price, and the fact that NYI are not exactly heavy on gamebreaking talent right now. They've got Barzal that can headfake and deke his way through defenses, but having a speedy, slashing talent in Hall to compliment that (at less money, assuming Buffalo still retained 50%) would have made so much more sense to add to a team that already had Bailey, Nelson, Pageau, Cizikas, etc. But of course, the factor of Lou getting some of his old Devils on board mustve been too tempting.

Lol, they would be insane fools to do it given their cap situation, but I would not be shocked. Their obsession with collecting our former players is seemingly boundless. I'm guessing if they find the cap room, they let their some of their depth guys walk and maybe toss overpays Gaudreau, Rodrigues and Scevior too.

They're going to have to bribe Seattle to get rid of an expensive player. For all the hoopla about getting rid of Panik's money, Francis would be stupid as hell to take Oshie off their hands for anything less than a first rounder. "Hometown" factor be damned.

Oshie probably sells a lot of jerseys.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Blueger and Ceci are looking like pretty essential pieces to retain.

I can see Blueger wanting to get taken to get a shot at being more than a checker in Seattle, but we seem well positioned to just protect him and choose the 2 year arbitration club option if it comes to that, and pay him the 2.5-3m he is awarded. I think that's still how it works, if the player elects arb.

We need rid of both the Zucker and Petts deals if we're keeping Ceci, not much point in paying Ceci if you have to dump Matheson, I'd guess. I've warmed up to keeping Matheson, even though he worries me especially in the postseason where a mistake or two could lose you a series.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I can see Blueger wanting to get taken to get a shot at being more than a checker in Seattle, but we seem well positioned to just protect him and choose the 2 year arbitration club option if it comes to that, and pay him the 2.5-3m he is awarded. I think that's still how it works, if the player elects arb.

We need rid of both the Zucker and Petts deals if we're keeping Ceci, not much point in paying Ceci if you have to dump Matheson, I'd guess. I've warmed up to keeping Matheson, even though he worries me especially in the postseason where a mistake or two could lose you a series.

The side that doesn't choose arbitration chooses the term of the contract, but since it can't take up UFA years, that limits us to only one for Blueger unless I've mucked up my counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad