Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Clever Thread Title Needed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
If they beat us in regulation on Saturday they will have gotten as many points as we did this series despite having lost two more games... us winning in regulation is almost a must for the division.... we are 5-2 vs them but they have the 2-1 regulation win advantage which is the difference in the tiebreaker right now (25-26rws)

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Expansion Draft date is set at 21st July for those who care. Didn't see when the lists would have to be in.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
If they beat us in regulation on Saturday they will have gotten as many points as we did this series despite having lost two more games... us winning in regulation is almost a must for the division.... we are 5-2 vs them but they have the 2-1 regulation win advantage which is the difference in the tiebreaker right now (25-26rws)

Let’s see them beat us in regulation.

Reactions: madinsomniac

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What’s like the most we should sign ZAR for? I think he’s solid and serviceable up to a certain price but for someone pegged for the 4th line with guys like Zohorna and maybe Bellerive being close I probably would walk away from more than like $1.5m.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
What’s like the most we should sign ZAR for? I think he’s solid and serviceable up to a certain price but for someone pegged for the 4th line with guys like Zohorna and maybe Bellerive being close I probably would walk away from more than like $1.5m.

I'd let him go for anything over a mil. We can't afford to be paying the ZARs of the world more than that when you can pick up Gaudreau for peanuts or promote Zohorna internally.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
It would depend on the length of the contract, but something like $1.7M x 3 would be fine.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Just trade him and grab a pick unless the plan is to trade some LWs ahead of him without external replacements, in which case I'm okay keeping him around 1.5m or so.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Seems a lot to pay a 10 goal 20 pt forward.
Not when you consider his defensive impact.
The Avalanche are paying Nichushkin, who is a better player but not an exceptionally better one, $2.5 million for two years. Nichushkin has 19 points (9 goals, 10 assists) in 47 games this season.

Last edited:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
TB along with Zar are fourth line players and should get contracts that reflect that. Zar 1.2 topps. TB 2 to 2.5 would be in the range of what I would offer him. Right now with out some cap space opening, tough to see what can be done. I expose Tanev to Seattle and they take him. Love the player but I fear his ability to stay healthy with his style of play and size is not great.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
TB along with Zar are fourth line players and should get contracts that reflect that. Zar 1.2 topps. TB 2 to 2.5 would be in the range of what I would offer him. Right now with out some cap space opening, tough to see what can be done. I expose Tanev to Seattle and they take him. Love the player but I fear his ability to stay healthy with his style of play and size is not great.

Blueger is a third liner centre. He’ll get more than that.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'd rather keep E-Rod around for ~$1.5 million than ZAR.

I mean, I'd prefer to not pay either, but if I had to choose I think I'd pick E-Rod.

As for TB, he's the 4C. As long as McCann and Carter are on the team, i.e. at least one more season, TB is the 4C. It doesn't really matter if he's capable of 3C duty, I'd assume he's below the other two on the depth chart.

Unless we want to get crazy and run a McCann-TB-Carter 3rd line. :naughty:

Reactions: Jacob

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Blueger is closer to a 2nd line player than he is a fourth line.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’m not pencilling Gaudreau into any lineup. If he earns it great but he’s a journeyman and they can look good in short spurts and it doesn’t mean much. I’d like him back on a two-way deal with the expected role of being a leader for the baby Pens and a call-up option but no more than that. If he wants an NHL-only deal I wouldn’t do that.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad