Salary Cap: Pittsburgh Penguins Salary Cap Thread: Clever Thread Title Needed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
yep, I really don’t get the professed love for McCann-Carter duo...I don’t see any more chemistry between them and Zucker-Carter...the goal should be an improved L2, but Sully is a certified idiot...either move Zucker back to RW on L3 and play Tanev on L2 when he’s ready to play, or swap McCann and Zucker...this is really not rocket science
Agreed; it’s scary that he can’t see this, really. It’s pretty embarrassing.

Reactions: Andy99

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Offseason Plan to Date:
1) Get rid of Riikola's contract by any means- its obvious that they aren't going to play him here and we don't need a $1.15M nacho eater. Ruh and Friedman are both signed next year on cheaper contracts plus we have POJ.
2) Expose Zucker to the ED even though its going to suck because I believe once he gets out of here he's going to return to form. Not to mention all the resources we expended to get him. I think the trade market maybe sluggish for him this offseason plus his NTC will be a factor. I've come around to the thinking the best scenario is to just clear his cap completely.
3) Don't fall in love with ZAR because of his analytics. I haven't had any problem with ZAR to date but I see him as a 4th liner only and his next contract maybe be the tipping point on making him too expensive for 4th line duty.
4) Complete an acquisition for Nick Deslauriers. If ZAR prices himself out of range, I'd like to ask Seattle if they would be interested in a ED take and trade scenario between Deslauriers and ZAR.

Potential Offseason Problems:
1) We expose both Zucker and Petts but Seattle takes neither. I'm not sure what the trade market is going to be like this offseason. Seattle taking Tanev would only help a little with our cap but not help with the team's composition. I still rather have Tanev even though his contract is less than ideal.
2) Line 1 gets caved in the playoffs again and is a hot mess defensively. Between Sully and Sid, that line is set in concrete. May have to literally remove a player from the team.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
It isn’t. RW. Then RW + OTW. Then RW+OTW+SOW.

The only way we make the 2nd seed is by winning out and Boston needs to win every upcoming game in regulation to tie that and overcome us as well as us winning neither game in regulation against BUF.

If there is a 3 way tie, which may very well happen.. I thought they perform a different set of tiebreakers.

Like I said, I could be wrong.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Not really. Most interesting thing is that Yohe's grandma make killer French Toast by using a ton of brown sugar - and that does genuinely interest me, no sarcasm, I'm a glutton, but in terms of hockey, well, there's not a lot to say right now is there?
next time Yohe braks and brings something interesting will be the first time, the worst of both worlds, zero qccess and zero hockey knowledge...other than that super nice guy

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If they take Blueger we better have a deal lined up where we trade them Petts for cap space. Or Zucker if the team wants to get rid of him while still getting rid of Petts elsewhere.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Fairly certain the tiebreaker between 3 teams is the highest percentage of points earned by the 3 teams when playing each other.

I could be wrong but Boston wins that easily.
No percentage of points between clubs is tie-breaker #4

RW, ROW, Total wins in any form, points between clubs

Washington is in a strong position, but it's not sealed yet.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This rag is predicting we lose McCann to Seattle...I hope Hexurke isn’t that stupid...protect the young guys McCann and Blueger and expose older players higher contracts in Tanev and Zucker, along with the overpaid blueliners ....it’s not rocket science...my guess is that Seattle takes ZAR if we do that, and that’s fine....

Seattle Mock Expansion Draft 2.0: Shuffle the Deck

Reactions: Darren McCord

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Petts can be moved as his contract is not a killer. I think he is over paid but Pens need cap room. Zucker may or may not be taken by the Krakens but Pens can move him if need be. The 7 forwards Jake, Sid, Rust, McCann, Geno, Kap, TB. Tanev is the guy I think they lose if he is not protected.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
This rag is predicting we lose McCann to Seattle...I hope Hexurke isn’t that stupid...protect the young guys McCann and Blueger and expose older players higher contracts in Tanev and Zucker, along with the overpaid blueliners ....it’s not rocket science...my guess is that Seattle takes ZAR if we do that, and that’s fine....

Seattle Mock Expansion Draft 2.0: Shuffle the Deck

You can always tell when people make these and they make a claim and then it makes no sense. If Jared McCann is a steal then why would the Pens who are a cap team give him up.

Aka, if it is too good to be true then it won’t happen.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
You can always tell when people make these and they make a claim and then it makes no sense. If Jared McCann is a steal then why would the Pens who are a cap team give him up.

Aka, if it is too good to be true then it won’t happen.

You mean there aren't thousands of hot singles in my area dying to meet me?

Is the internet lying to me?

giphy.gif

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
If there is a 3 way tie, which may very well happen.. I thought they perform a different set of tiebreakers.

Like I said, I could be wrong.

If you go to nhl.com/standings and scroll to the bottom, you can expand the section titled "Tie Breaking Procedures" to get the following:
Tie-Breaking Procedure

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
  2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., "Regulation Wins"). This figure is reflected in the RW column.
  3. The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
  4. The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e, "Total Wins"). This figure is reflected in the W column.
  5. The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs. For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the "odd game") shall not be included. When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any "odd games") shall be used to determine standing.
  6. The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.
  7. The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I see people talking about exposing Zucker to Seattle and that’s what I would do as well but doesn’t he have a NMC? I thought any player with a NMC had to be protected? Or is that not correct?

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
I see people talking about exposing Zucker to Seattle and that’s what I would do as well but doesn’t he have a NMC? I thought any player with a NMC had to be protected? Or is that not correct?
Zucker doesn't have a full no move clause. He can be exposed.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Only Sid & Geno have NMC’s. Zucker has a M-NTC which makes him eligible for the expansion draft if we don’t protect him

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Would love the Pens to find a better LHD version of Friedman somewhere. He's exactly what the Pens need

Also I've noticed he's played 5 games this season for the Pens... 4 of them were against the Flyers. Overall, 8 of his 9 games this season the Flyers were on the ice

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
[QUOTE="DearDiary, post: 177876248, member: 108343"]Would love the Pens to find a better LHD version of Friedman somewhere. He's exactly what the Pens need

Also I've noticed he's played 5 games this season for the Pens... 4 of them were against the Flyers. Overall, 8 of his 9 games this season the Flyers were on the ice[/QUOTE]
they have one....riiky....just need to play him once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad