Phoenix LXXX: Is there another way out?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelina

May 28, 2013
Saguenay, QC
That's just it, we know there is urgency to get the deal done, why would they not either meet right away or at least present a proposal to each side, This meeting was planned for a few days why did RSE not have some written plans to begin discussions.

Good business practice would have been to at least give them their bizcards !!:sarcasm:
Maybe Leblanc has not his fresh one printed yet showing Renaissance!

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
Normally I would ask who is insane enough to pay that much to see Bon Jovi, but I know someone who does it regularly. Not that I'll ever understand it.

Actually I'm pretty sure it's the coyotes players and staff, since the franchise is ''living on a prayer''. Ok... I'll stop going off topic.

My point is: if a large show company manages the arena, they'll be able to get shows like this almost every other night and actually make money, since these huge corporations have the contacts to make Glendale an essential stop of every world tour!

DyerMaker66*

Normally I would ask who is insane enough to pay that much to see Bon Jovi, but I know someone who does it regularly. Not that I'll ever understand it.

:laugh:

My aunt is one of those people.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
That's just it, we know there is urgency to get the deal done, why would they not either meet right away or at least present a proposal to each side, This meeting was planned for a few days why did RSE not have some written plans to begin discussions.

Ya, its bizarre, that no numbers were presented, discussed. Like just a casual meet & greet. A meeting that had originally been scheduled for two weeks ago, Renaissance circling 4-7 months already. It simply doesnt take that long to put together a prospectus with financials, lay it out in front of Glendale: here ya go, this who we are, this is what we plan to do, this is what were looking for, this is what we expect to be able to deliver, study it, meet again tomorrow, Thursday or whenever. Bettman & Daly on hand to at least verbally confirm that these guys have the wherewithal, that price & terms have been met, the Principals easily passing the bar, all thats left is for the COG to work out a lease with them. Time for slow dancings over. Just get to the point. Get to the crux of the matter, namely, that AMF, and how these guys are going to earn it? Why should Glendale pay them $6M & retain the team? If their looking for more than $6M, conversations over, adjourned.

Habs05

Mar 5, 2011
Brossard, Qc
What would Bettman being doing in Lexington? Or Cincinnati for that matter...:skeptic:

*Sarcasm detector activated*
Oh I don't know with GB you can be very creative use your imagination!

C'mon, tracking a jet can be fun :) And he would not use the league's jet just to shop for candies...

mmajeski06

Mar 24, 2010
Cary, NC
If there was going to be some grand announcement in the next 48 hours (don't think there will be) dont you think something would have leaked by now? Or did the NHL learn its lesson from Winnipeg and has everybody, including anyone on the Quebec side on information lockdown?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
What would Bettman being doing in Lexington? Or Cincinnati for that matter...:skeptic:

.... :laugh: pretty sure the NHL shares that jet with numerous other individual & corporate accounts.
Timeshare is huge in the private charter industry. Friend of mine made/makes an absolute killing at it.

Habs05

Mar 5, 2011
Brossard, Qc
We might hear something tomorrow, who knows? I'm not holding my breath tho. The draft day is the last possible deadline in my mind and that would be really late.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
If there was going to be some grand announcement in the next 48 hours (don't think there will be) dont you think something would have leaked by now? Or did the NHL learn its lesson from Winnipeg and has everybody, including anyone on the Quebec side on information lockdown?

I'm not sure about Friday but the media has been all over the map on this, I honestly believe the NHL is still angry about the Atlanta leaks have put out quietly misinformation.
Yes, if an announcement will come Friday I'd expect leaks tomorrow for sure.

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
Non, friday is too early, as the league met city tuesday. Doesnt fit.

Deadline is next week IMHO.

And there won't be leaks: RDS won leak cause they are against the cause, TVAsports wont leak because they are the cause.

Cant be more hermetic.

PS That is if they move north.

PSGJ

May 19, 2012
Sweden
.... :laugh: pretty sure the NHL shares that jet with numerous other individual & corporate accounts.
Timeshare is huge in the private charter industry. Friend of mine made/makes an absolute killing at it.

Why be so boring and bring facts into this? I'm sure we could come up with all kinds of conspiracy theories if we assumed Bettman was doing all that flying.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON

And there won't be leaks: RDS won leak cause they are against the cause, TVAsports wont leak because they are the cause.

Cant be more hermetic.

Don't see Rogers spilling any bean either. After all, John Shannon's twitter followers had to tell him the arena was being built in QC.

Perhaps, any network who gets out of line could be snubbed when it's time to negotiate the next Canadian TV deal. Just speculation on my part.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg

Cant be more hermetic.

PS That is if they move north.

If RSE tosses in the towel ( if preplanned) saying the cites insistence on going ahead with the arena management prevents them from making a deal.

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
What's the worst case scenario for the NHL. RSE can't close the deal and Glendale's new arena manger charges the NHL a hefty rent on Jobbing. Can't believe the league would risk it.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
What's the worst case scenario for the NHL. RSE can't close the deal and Glendale's new arena manger charges the NHL a hefty rent on Jobbing. Can't believe the league would risk it.

Wouldn't that be ironic. Plan to exhort money and end up paying more (on top of the losses) at the end of the day.

Makes me wonder during the meeting yesterday if a firm drop date was discussed as it was behind closed doors. Apparently, no one discussed any figures.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
If Jon Bon Jovi looked like Lemmy Kilmister or the guy from Grim Reaper, no one would pay that much to see him!

Or from Lou Gramm to Lou Kilogramm.

03242006.5.jpg

Why be so boring and bring facts into this?

Killjoy as some used to call me when I was Moderating.

Maupin Fan

Hot Air
Sep 17, 2009
I wouldn't expect an announcement this week.

I would expect the figures discussion to happen once the RFP's are unsealed. I think the expectation is that they are going to check in around that 6 million dollar figure and the CoG will have a concrete figure to work from and perhaps approach Gosbee, et al with.

Begin working towards a sole source contract matching the RFP figure or become a tenant for the new management company, or perhaps thanks but no thanks and off to QC..

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON

That's what they want you to think. With all those times in Atlanta, clearly they are paving the way to move the Coyotes there...:propeller

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Last edited:

Glacial

Jan 8, 2013

Why, they're potential relocation destinations! Look for the Cincinnati Coyotes or Lexington Thoroughbreds. :sarcasm:

Did anyone expect yesterday's meeting to be so quiet, non-eventful on the news front? Has anyone involved in the meeting actually spoke about it? It's gone from calm before the storm quiet in the 2 weeks before this meeting to just plain strange quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad