Phoenix LXXX: Is there another way out?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
nothing's going to happen

in 35 years, we'll still be here... taking up a collection to keep a lone HF server running

I'll be long gone by then. One of you youngsters should remember to turn the lights off.

Well... PKP and crew were at the NHL head office hammering out a deal according to rumours, and there is no other flight between the two airports... at all. If I were a Bettman, I'd put decent weight on those particular flights being pretty important.

This was the only other flight between the two cities.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N331SK/history/20130530/1800Z/CYQB/KTEB

Who Knows? Maybe PKP decided to take the bus? or maybe the rumours were false. :dunno:

There are rumors of PKP meeting with NHL (from someone legit)?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Oh I completely agree with you. That comment was in response to comments directly connecting the 6 million to the loan and how it could involve GWI and subsidy and whatnot.

I think your right. IMO the GWI is out of this. I think the GWI has done their job by just verbally sparing with the CoG at a time when it was needed, to stop what was an abuse of the Arizona Gift Clause at that time.

But now, the CoG themselves has said that they can't afford anything above $6M, which they seem to have enough backing to prove that this value is at least legit or in the ball park for services rendered. If this deal was to be concluded between the CoG and RSE and there were signed documents stating that the CoG is paying RSE an AMF of $6M, I don't think the GWI would have any issue. The CoG will be paying $6M and the CoG will be getting services. What RSE actually does with the $6M, the GWI won't care, as long as the CoG is getting what they paid for.

My previous post I was questioning how RSE was going to find the money to provide services and pay off the loan at the same time, but that is their problem , not the CoG.

The only way I could see the GWI walking up is if the AMF becomes $15M again. Again unfair value for services.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
Well... PKP and crew were at the NHL head office hammering out a deal according to rumours, and there is no other flight between the two airports... at all. If I were a Bettman, I'd put decent weight on those particular flights being pretty important.

Who Knows? Maybe PKP decided to take the bus? or maybe the rumours were false. :dunno:
To close the whole discussion note that Quebecor offices are in Montreal.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
In the last 4 months this plane has done three trips between QC and Teterboro, one today, one over last weekend, and one in late April. Did you pay for data beyond 4 months?

The moratorium shouldn't start directly after a contested fact.

How about because it is perpetual speculation.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
So will I. This could be the first thread that gets passed down family lines.

" O.K. son/daughter, it's your turn to take over posting "

This is like the Internets version of Beowulf, the first great epic on the world wide web that will be passed down from one generation to the next. Killion as Beowulf, CF as the King of the Danes, and our old Esq. friend as Grendel. Who said great literature is dead? It is being written one fortnight at a time in the Phoenix roman numeral saga.

On a more serious programming note, is there a deadline for this ponzi sale to be finalized?

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
So will I. This could be the first thread that gets passed down family lines.

" O.K. son/daughter, it's your turn to take over posting "

"To you from failing hands we throw the torch . . ." So THAT'S what Jones meant in his tweet! (or was it LeBlanc?).

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
All this airplane talk reminds me of all the "Bettman" sightings in Winnipeg in the weeks leading up to the Thrashers getting sold. He was every where man. People were seeing him all over the place. As it turns out, in the last 10 years, IIRC.... he has actually been in Winnipeg once and that was the press conference announcing the return.

Maybe Bettman has a doppelganger he sends around to potential NHL cities. :naughty:

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
A telling preview of things to come

totem-pole-picture_4546.jpg

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
Ya, well, I too would actually love to see the Coyotes remain in Glendale, someone with vision & savvy could easily make a go of it with a $6M AMF & Contract. Yes you'd need deep pockets but I believe the rewards will be more than worth it. However, we've not seen such an individual nor group in 4yrs, the NHL seemingly wont budge on price or terms, price just keeps goin up & up, more & more damage done to the market. The NHL nor any of us can always get what we want, but if we try sometimes we get we need... and for the NHL, thats Quebec. Their out of time, options.

Easily? No way. Jamison needed $15 million and he has experience running a team and an arena. This is past the point where it is salvageable. Get this team to a market where people don't have to be convinced to watch a hockey game.

calmdown

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec City

I think you just got the wrong craft ;-) try this one...

http://fr.flightaware.com/live/flight/CFCEX/history/20130530/1700Z/KTEB/CYUL

And notice that just about half an hour later, the plane of NHL left for Charlotte then Rawley... ;-)

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/LXJ531/history/20130530/2300Z/KCLT/KRDU

Last edited:

calmdown

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec City
I think you just got the wrong craft ;-) try this one...

http://fr.flightaware.com/live/flight/CFCEX/history/20130530/1700Z/KTEB/CYUL

And notice that just about half an hour the plane of NHL left for Charlotte then Rawley... ;-)

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/LXJ531/history/20130530/2300Z/KCLT/KRDU

By the way, you can notice all the flights between Montreal and Teterboro for the PKP craft

For the NHL one, you can see all the flights lately to follow NHL games and the flight to Glendale municipal ;-)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Killion III will be baffling us all in the dirty 30's

... dont know bout dat Brodie, but have you noticed? Reincarnation is making a comeback.

This is like the Internets version of Beowulf, the first great epic on the world wide web that will be passed down from one generation to the next. Killion as Beowulf, CF as the King of the Danes, and our old Esq. friend as Grendel. Who said great literature is dead? It is being written one fortnight at a time in the Phoenix roman numeral saga.

Excellent. All Gerard Butler movies. Sort of Beowulf & Grendel meets The 300 meets RocknRolla...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3bluQw93lk

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
Please tell me this a joke right! I am happy to weigh in, this deal will never be completed, the GB charade knows no boundaries! And it is hard to believe that the media is actually this gullible. Gosbee is coming to the table with nothing, asking for the world, this story will burn in flames before it comes to fruition!

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Please tell me this a joke right! I am happy to weigh in, this deal will never be completed, the GB charade knows no boundaries! And it is hard to believe that the media is actually this gullible. Gosbee is coming to the table with nothing, asking for the world, this story will burn in flames before it comes to fruition!

Makes me wonder a bit about why Bettman didn't take this route with the JIG.

Unless the JIG had absolutely no money...

metalfoot

Karlsson!
Dec 21, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
This really is the Hotel California, this thread?

Prisoners of our own device indeed.

Curious signals we are getting from the NHL's action/inaction in Glendale. It does appear that the orchestra is starting the overture and the portly primadonna is about to enter, stage left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad