Phoenix LXXX: Is there another way out?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
Well... PKP and crew were at the NHL head office hammering out a deal according to rumours, and there is no other flight between the two airports... at all. If I were a Bettman, I'd put decent weight on those particular flights being pretty important.

This was the only other flight between the two cities.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N331SK/history/20130530/1800Z/CYQB/KTEB [/SIZE] :dunno:

I've got my eye on the plane piloted by C. Lindbergh headed toward Le Bourget Air Field. Seats for passengers removed for extra gas tanks, but might be enough room in the back for a short guy. And just enough headroom in the cabin to wear a tin-foil hat.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Wow that reads like an opinion piece.

Yes it does. With mustard.... wondering why no comments yet on the breakdown of Renaissances' $48M down. Seems theyve got a passel of "investors" at $4-5M a "unit", the Great Gosbee in for a WHOPPING $10M. This is their Moby Dick?

Last edited:

calmdown

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec City
Like in all negociations, the main goal is to get the most without anybody loose face in it... Right now, COG could not be blame because they did their best to protect their citizens and NHL could not be blame because they tried as much as they could for 4 years... The only ones to blame would be Renaissance because they didn't had a good enough deal. ;-) But what is Renaissance? An entity that will disappear in the cloud of businesses that didn't work!

By the way, Pastor was just somebody who didn't know what was the game going on ;-)

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
I've got my eye on the plane piloted by C. Lindbergh headed toward Le Bourget Air Field. Seats for passengers removed for extra gas tanks, but might be enough room in the back for a short guy. And just enough headroom in the cabin to wear a tin-foil hat.

I don't think it inconceivable that air traffic between the NHL's charter service and QC is relevant to this discussion. Is it Garry Himself? Could it be one or more of the NHL lawyers?
Is it proof? No but it is circumstantial, and I'm inclined to accept it into evidence.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Please tell me this a joke right! I am happy to weigh in, this deal will never be completed, the GB charade knows no boundaries! And it is hard to believe that the media is actually this gullible. Gosbee is coming to the table with nothing, asking for the world, this story will burn in flames before it comes to fruition!

So true, all have been just 'placeholder' owners, where none have been willing to pay for the entire check. :shakehead

Donwood

Mar 13, 2011
Winnipeg
People like Morgan seem to ignore simple math and logic

Glendale has 6 million to pay a ARENA MANAGER
In order to pull this "plan" off Glendale would need at least close to 15 million
Not only that they need a ARENA MANAGER not the Ice Edge Clowns booking High school graduations.
Glendale has the math that shows with a real ARENA MANAGER the arena can make a profit.

A. Can't come up with more then 6 million or much more
B. Ice Edge Clowns will suck up every penny, they won't contract out a real ARENA MANAGER.
C. With warnings already from the Bond issuers Glendale can not get into more Hulsizer type circus acts or they might go bankrupt.

230 Million waiting for the NHL and member teams in Quebec. or join the circus in Glendale. Seems like a no brainer.

calmdown

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec City
Just a quick thing I was thinking about... I would like my landlord paying me to use one of his appartement. But just not like that in Quebec ;-) I have to pay for it and so will PKP for the new arena. lol

Dado

230 Million waiting for the NHL and member teams in Quebec. or join the circus in Glendale. Seems like a no brainer.

If the league had any interest at all in relocating to QC, it would have already happened.

enarwpg

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I wonder if the NHL's being so quiet because Gary's running through his rolodex

"Hey Les, old pal, how's things in Houston? I heard you had a vacancy at your place..."

"Dave! Good to talk to you! Saw you got out of the soccer biz... say, howsabout we relive old times, get you set up with another hockey team in Missouri?"

"Paul! Saw that new XBox, man that thing looks cool! Can I get one for the kids? Oh, and hey, any room for hockey at the Rose Garden anytime soon?"

"Chris, this is Gary Bettman. Save me, please, they speak French for christsake!"

......... ^ that ^ is harilous ! :laugh:

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
I've got my eye on the plane piloted by C. Lindbergh headed toward Le Bourget Air Field. Seats for passengers removed for extra gas tanks, but might be enough room in the back for a short guy. And just enough headroom in the cabin to wear a tin-foil hat.[/

I don't think it inconceivable that air traffic between the NHL's charter service and QC is relevant to this discussion. Is it Garry Himself? Could it be one or more of the NHL lawyers?
Is it proof? No but it is circumstantial, and I'm inclined to accept it into evidence.

I don't disagree. Super-slow news day, so just having a little fun:)

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
So these owners are running a scam and won't buy the team.
Bettman hates Quebec.
Coyotes have no lease.

What happens now?

enarwpg

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Im not sure if its the same Fortress Investment Group GS, but it seems strange there'd be more than one huh? Could be your right. Those guys are a HedgeFund based in NYC who had lent a company called Millineum Development hundreds of millions to re-develop Vancouvers SE False Creek area & build the 2010 Athletes Village, the units then sold as Condo's. Full-on retail, the whole 9 yards. 1000's of units featuring "green" architecture & materials... that leaked like sieves. Unliveable. Millenium was shaky/shady, way behind schedule, Fortress with holding funds, Millenium goes bust, Fortress puts a lien on everything, the City of Vancouver in private session behind closed doors having to approve a loan to themselves for hundreds of millions to pay off Fortresses loans to Millenium, finding more money & another developer to finish the project. Just a total nightmare.

Fortress Developments, a huge real estate development company based out of Toronto... > http://fortressrealdevelopments.com/

Just last week they announced a $150-$200 million 42 storey commercial, office, condominium tower a block away from the MTS Centre in downtown Winnipeg. The announcement held in a huge tent on the project site and attended by the usual suspects that attach themselves to these kind of announcements threw out a lot of "hope", interspersed with the word "potentially", blah, blah, blah.... It got a lot of Winnipegers all a excited. Fortress claims they will build it.....

Hmmm, wonder if it's an Ellman type of pipe dream...... :sarcasm:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Just saw the sale price and conditions the NHL has conceded to allow the ownership group to buy the team. Looks like it is time to break out and dust off, THE LIST!!!!

:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Fortress Developments, a huge real estate development company based out of Toronto... > Hmmm, wonder if it's an Ellman type of pipe dream...... :sarcasm:

Doubt it after looking at their website. Looks legit. I guess the name though, "Fortress", fairly popular, in wide use, and some in the same or similar sectors.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Doubt it after looking at their website. Looks legit. I guess the name though, "Fortress", fairly popular, in wide use, and some in the same or similar sectors.

I remember building these... :sarcasm:

All of the previous 'potential' owners looked legit, too...on 'paper.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad