Player Discussion Phillip Danault: What's My Line Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
He caused a goal, but made a nice assist during the 3rd and his fans are out in full force.

"We told you, he's so good, eat your crows."

Calm down guys, of course he will get some points here and there, he's an NHLer...

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It has a ton of sense when he’s demanding top 6 minutes and expects to be paid as such.
Again, why is that relevant? He might ask to get McDavid salary it does not mean he deserves it nor will he ever get paid that much.

I think the hate is misplaced. People are hating on him as he is our top paid played. He is not and will never be.

Reactions: Belial

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He caused a goal, but made a nice assist during the 3rd and his fans are out in full force.

"We told you, he's so good, eat your crows."

Calm down guys, of course he will get some points here and there, he's an NHLer...
Stop the bullshit with his 'fans' comment. I don't give a shit about Danault, he could be traded tomorrow or waved and I would not be sad but based on his role on the team he has been doing an ok job and he is clearly NOT what I would call a problem or at least not even 1% as bad as his haters claim he is. He has been scapegoated by people around here because they always need a guy to hate. The hate is reaching new height, the guy is just an average NHLer and he has been good value and yes the habs are a better with him in the lineup than without him.

Reactions: canucklover123

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Again, why are you even bringing his contract? It's so weird...

The contract demand correlates with what he thinks he is as a player. He isn’t a top 6 center scoring at a 5 goal a year pace with little to no playmaking ability. Good defensive players with limited offensive talent get put in the bottom 6. This guy thinks he’s something he’s not.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Hold on. Have you ever heard about team balance and playmaker?
He has been bad offensively and he needs to score at some point but his value to the team is not his goalscoring ability. He is a shutdown/checking line center and going by that standard he has been doing a decent job.

You’d have a point if he hadn’t scored in like 10-15 games. This is 50 f***ing games. He’s a top 6 centre playing with 60 point players in Gallagher and Tatar.

If you want to go with his “playmaking” he has 19 points in his last 46 games. This is while averaging around 19-22 mins a game.

But he wins faceoffs. Wow.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Stop the bullshit with his 'fans' comment. I don't give a shit about Danault, he could be traded tomorrow or waved and I would not be sad but based on his role on the team he has been doing an ok job and he is clearly NOT what I would call a problem or at least not even 1% as bad as his haters claim he is. He has been scapegoated by people around here because they always need a guy to hate. The hate is reaching new height, the guy is just an average NHLer and he has been good value and yes the habs are a better with him in the lineup than without him.

When he's at his best, he's a great #3C, it's not the case this season. Tonight again, he looked lost on the first goal...

Of course he's our scapegoat, after his comments after the playoffs...

"I'm not ready to have a more defensive role to let KK and Suzuki get more offensive opportunities"

"I know that I can find another gear offensively"

"I already took a discount on my previous contract"

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The contract demand correlates with what he thinks he is as a player. He isn’t a top 6 center scoring at a 5 goal a year pace with little to no playmaking ability. Good defensive players with limited offensive talent get put in the bottom 6. This guy thinks he’s something he’s not.
Let's agree to disagree. You seem to completely ignore the defensive side of the game.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
We are not asking him to be a goalscorer, but just around 15-20 goals per season... 2 goals in 50 games is pathetic.
15/20 goals, tame down your expectation. He is not that type of player. My expectation are 10/15 goals and around 40 ish points but being a shutdown type of center.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
15/20 goals, tame down your expectation. He is not that type of player. My expectation are 10/15 goals and around 40 ish points but being a shutdown type of center.

Then why does he himself claim to be a Top 6 centre that can thrive when given a chance offensively? He values himself as such too.

Reactions: Runner77

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He's losing a lot of money since he refused 5m x 6 so he's probably not feeling good about this right-now. We need him for this season but after that good bye Danault.

Reactions: Runner77

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You’d have a point if he hadn’t scored in like 10-15 games. This is 50 f***ing games. He’s a top 6 centre playing with 60 point players in Gallagher and Tatar.

If you want to go with his “playmaking” he has 19 points in his last 46 games. This is while averaging around 19-22 mins a game.

But he wins faceoffs. Wow.
Again, it's a team balance and his role is to help defensively so his wingers can 'cheat' more offensively. I swear if his wingers was Byron, Lekhonen people would still complain. He has been poor offensively and he needs to step up. He his losing money by the day for his next contract. He is still more valuable in the lineup than outside.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
And how much do you realistically pay a player like that, keeping in mind that said player has already turned down 5 million a year?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Again, it's a team balance and his role is to help defensively so his wingers can 'cheat' more offensively. I swear if his wingers was Byron, Lekhonen people would still complain. He has been poor offensively and he needs to step up. He his losing money by the day for his next contract. He is still more valuable in the lineup than outside.

No I didn’t complain when in the playoffs he sucked so much that they eventually put him with Byron and Lehkonen, because that’s where he belongs. He doesn’t belong with good offensive wingers because plays die on his stick and his shot is as bad as Mete’s.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
This is correct, I’d actually say he’s an above average defensive NHLr and a below average offensive NHLr so it evens out, a perfect #3C on a contending team. The hate comes from he doesn’t see himself as that and his coach doesn’t see himself as that so now he gets the 2 best wingers to try and get him out of a funk that’s not a funk, it’s the way it is. Muller had him playing where he belongs in the bubble and we saw Suzuki and KK play their best hockey. PD spat the dummy thinking he’s what Claude thinks he is - and why wouldn’t he when it’s reinforced with lineup like tonight.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
And how much do you realistically pay a player like that, keeping in mind that said player has already turned down 5 million a year?
Easy peasy. Let the market decide. In his head he might be worth 6M or whatever the reality will sink in when he sees how much he receives on the open market.

Last edited:

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Easy peasy. Let the market decide.
It's not easy man, that's the point. This man came out after the playoffs talking all kinds of ish. About his role, what he would accept, what he wouldn't. He bet on himself completely, which, althought admirable, has turned out to be very unwise. He turned down a 30 million dollar contract (wow, wtf MB) and clearly views himself as a great offensive player.

He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to go into this offseason and be like "well, guess I AM just a third line centre. I'll take a lot less money, thanks guys." He's still going to want to get paid. And I don't want the Habs to pay him.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
lololool imagine trying to make his first argument, where he doesn't come off emotionally inept and insinuates KK will play against AM34 in the playoffs. You do realize they were on together because Toronto tried to exploit him. Why do you think Julien put Lekhonen there along with Armia.

Lol, I asked a simple question of who will we want to play against AM34 in playoffs, nothing more. You might have missed it because you were blinded by rage seeing PD with that many minutes on the ice.

I'm not even trying to defend PD lmao, all I did was come in here and thank posters like yourself who bring me a good laugh

No more estate left in that in head thats forusre :laugh:

Again, circle jerk with nothing worthy in it...wonder why no one takes anything you post seriously...:laugh:

Reactions: canucklover123

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
No I didn’t complain when in the playoffs he sucked so much that they eventually put him with Byron and Lehkonen, because that’s where he belongs. He doesn’t belong with good offensive wingers because plays die on his stick and his shot is as bad as Mete’s.
You have no clue what you're talking about! Just stop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad