Player Discussion Phillip Danault: What's My Line Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I’m not going to do like you and write a wall of useless text to find underlying reasons as to their lack of production. Anyone with a set of eyes knows that they have not been good. Unless the NHL has reverted to expected goals as opposed to actual goals in determining a game.

You want a real stat with actual substance? Danault is on pace for a 0 goal 29 assist season over 82 games. But that’s fine right? Gallagher a 41 point pace when he had 43 in 59 games last season. Great too huh? Tatar 46 points when he had 61 in 68 games in 19-20.

But please show us their expected goals again because that’s what really counts.

I'm not defending Danault, BTW but, you're getting your tug-a-thon form on beating the pulp out of him when he's off his game. You're a joke in your selective analysis to suit your bias.

Keep yanking yourself with glee because he's going thorough a rough phase and keep acting like a true fan that needs to see him completely squashed rather than look at solutions to get him back on track for the good of the team.

Keep up the good work and buy los of Kleenex.

Reactions: ZUKI

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm not defending Danault, BTW but, you're getting your tug-a-thon form on beating the pulp out of him when he's off his game. You're a joke in your selective analysis to suit your bias.

Keep yanking yourself with glee because he's going thorough a rough phase and keep acting like a true fan that needs to see him completely squashed rather than look at solutions to get him back on track for the good of the team.

lol great argument.

You’re right, let’s all form a support group to go outside of his house and clap for him and cheer him on. Poor guy. We need to fix his hurt feelings.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

I have no idea why people are so eager to constantly shit on someone...

The Danault hate parade is nothing new btw, it was always there, as long as he was doing fine they let it slide but now they shine! :facepalm:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I have no idea why people are so eager to constantly shit on someone...

The Danault hate parade is nothing new btw, it was always there, as long as he was doing fine they let it slide but now they shine! :facepalm:

...ya think Danault whining to the press about how he's a Top 6 guy and deserves Top 6 money & minutes had anything to do with it this year??...run your mouth and not back it up, prepare for fans to call you out on it...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
...ya think Danault whining to the press about how he's a Top 6 guy and deserves Top 6 money & minutes had anything to do with it this year??...run your mouth and not back it up, prepare for fans to call you out on it...
You just keep reinforcing my point!

Your opinion has nothing to do with hockey, you're mad because he didn't sign?

What are we even talking about?

You're 100% emotional an 0% rational!

Reactions: canucklover123

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

lol like I said, only the guarantees in life is death, taxes and the same 9 posters on any given night.

I swear it's like they think there the ones that got rejected when he didn't sign lol

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

lol like I said, only the guarantees in life is death, taxes and the same 9 posters on any given night.

I swear it's like they think there the ones that got rejected when he didn't sign lol

...nope, it has everything to do with hockey, you two just can't seem to wrap your heads around the fact that Danault has only ever been a 3rd liner...it's like you're related to Clod or something and feel the need to defend him for playing Danault waaaay out of his depth...he must be Curly and you two are Larry and Moe...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

The problem is that they're more than 9... It's the majority of this board, to be honest.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
...nope, it has everything to do with hockey, you two just can't seem to wrap your heads around the fact that Danault has only ever been a 3rd liner...it's like you're related to Clod or something and feel the need to defend him for playing Danault waaaay out of his depth...he must be Curly and you two are Larry and Moe...
Ok , you're right man!

You are smarter than a f***ing NHL coach that is coaching for like 20 years!

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

oufff my guy showing his age here lol. Unfortunately, you just proved my point. How about instead of posting F/O % immediately after the game like you've been waiting for this moment your whole life, you take a break from the hate thread and post a solution that doesn't make you look inept.

It must make hurt you to the core to see PD getting ice time even after he was directly at fault for the first goal lol. Like why would Claude keep playing him right? Against Mathews/Tavares right?

You hate to see it :laugh: Peace and love dude, I'll continue to enjoy your posts

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
The problem is that they're more than 9... It's the majority of this board, to be honest.

Naaa most jump in give their thoughts and bounce, the same posters are here continuously like it's cult lol. Unfortunately, when you ask them , ok what would you do, it gets real quiet lol

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Clode goes out of his way to give Phil the teams best wingers, gives him the most time, zero effort on the giveaway to put the Leafs on the board and then we are supposed to build a bronze statue cause he didn’t take the puck to the boards for a possession game instead of dropping it back to a wide open TT that I’d expect every player on our team to make. KK is garbage in the other thread cause he can’t perform with a 4th liner with about the same offensive skill as PD and Armia who plays his own game of keep away and has never had chemistry with anyone. No chance Claude would flip the script and try and give KK a chance to succeed.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

You forget throw Lekhonen and Byron under the bus and basically tell the whole world hes too good to play with them.

Jul 6, 2016
Clode goes out of his way to give Phil the teams best wingers, gives him the most time, zero effort on the giveaway to put the Leafs on the board and then we are supposed to build a bronze statue cause he didn’t take the puck to the boards for a possession game instead of dropping it back to a wide open TT that I’d expect every player on our team to make. KK is garbage in the other thread cause he can’t perform with a 4th liner with about the same offensive skill as PD and Armia who plays his own game of keep away and has never had chemistry with anyone. No chance Claude would flip the script and try and give KK a chance to succeed.

And how was his pass on the Toffoli's goal ?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
And how was his pass on the Toffoli's goal ?
It was a good pass, a pass I’d expect anyone in the NHL to make especially anyone who’s a Top 3 C but he’s not making these every game, or every other game or barely every 10th game. And his effort on the Leafs first goal would have him benched if he played in Columbus. He’s getting the Desharnais treatment from his coach so you can damn well bet he’s going to get it from the fans.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
No, most just get tired of your circle-jerk...like in this game, where KK played Matthews great, yet all you can do is post that Danault has to get that matchup in the POs cuz...well, cuz history...which is what the myth of Danault being our only good defensive C is...it's history...

lololool imagine trying to make his first argument, where he doesn't come off emotionally inept and insinuates KK will play against AM34 in the playoffs. You do realize they were on together because Toronto tried to exploit him. Why do you think Julien put Lekhonen there along with Armia.

Lol, I asked a simple question of who will we want to play against AM34 in playoffs, nothing more. You might have missed it because you were blinded by rage seeing PD with that many minutes on the ice.

I'm not even trying to defend PD lmao, all I did was come in here and thank posters like yourself who bring me a good laugh

No more estate left in that in head thats forusre :laugh:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
LOL that’s a new one. We don’t understand the game because we are criticizing a guy who has scored 1 goal against a goalie in his 50 last games despite playing with the two best wingers on the team.
Who said he's a goalscorer? What's the point in bringing his goals all the time when it has no sense?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
LOL that’s a new one. We don’t understand the game because we are criticizing a guy who has scored 1 goal against a goalie in his 50 last games despite playing with the two best wingers on the team.
Hold on. Have you ever heard about team balance and playmaker?
He has been bad offensively and he needs to score at some point but his value to the team is not his goalscoring ability. He is a shutdown/checking line center and going by that standard he has been doing a decent job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad