Player Discussion Phillip Danault: What's My Line Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I don’t hate the guy or anything but he isn’t doing himself any favours. He complained about not wanting to be stuck in a defensive role, and starts the season with his usual line mates in Tatar and Gally. Now he gets one of the leading goal scorers to play with.

I guess what I’m trying to say is he has it pretty good in terms of lines, but he needs to do something with it.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I don’t hate the guy or anything but he isn’t doing himself any favours. He complained about not wanting to be stuck in a defensive role, and starts the season with his usual line mates in Tatar and Gally. Now he gets one of the leading goal scorers to play with.

I guess what I’m trying to say is he has it pretty good in terms of lines, but he needs to do something with it.

He can't. Even last year most of his points came from good plays from Tatar and Gally. What we're seeing now his him being unable to get out of a slump by himself. If the players he plays with are in a slump he's in one too.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Danault was a product of Tatar and Gallagher, the guy cant play with skilled players, just slot him on the fourth line with guys like Byron Lehkonen at this point... Wont get more than 4.5M on the FA market...

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
Danault was a product of Tatar and Gallagher, the guy cant play with skilled players, just slot him on the fourth line with guys like Byron Lehkonen at this point... Wont get more than 4.5M on the FA market...

That'd be an overpay by 1.5 mil the way he's playing.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Ah yeah you're right. He might have played center before though because I don't feel like Poehling is ready. There's also Vedjemo who's fast and reliable.

I don't know if Vejdemo can be a good NHLer but he has that defensive role in Laval and could be effective on a 4th line with the Habs. He doesn't seem so physical though

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
B0D36C50-A462-42B7-B702-5771FB6C7A35.jpeg

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
I doubt Lehkonen is at 11th goal slumps, he just had a shorty recently against the Canucks. Danault on the other end.... I can't remember.

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Lol what? Bennett asked for a trade because he wants more ice time, how is he not the same if not worse?
Idk something to prove. Good play off performer. Hits. Fights . Big difference wanting off the forth line and bitching about 2 younger centers that might cramp your style, declining a good contract, then coming out of the gate playing your worst hockey as a hab. But if you think think Phil is worth a dime over 5x5 I’d be happy to take your drug dealers number.. could use a heavy buzz watching him get the most on Ice time on the foreword group

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Idk something to prove. Good play off performer. Hits. Fights . Big difference wanting off the forth line and bitching about 2 younger centers that might cramp your style, declining a good contract, then coming out of the gate playing your worst hockey as a hab. But if you think think Phil is worth a dime over 5x5 I’d be happy to take your drug dealers number.. could use a heavy buzz watching him get the most on Ice time on the foreword group
Difference is that Danault wanted a better chance to produce in the playoffs when he got defensive linemates and got burried in defensive assignments when he's been good for back to back seasons. Bennett is just not that good and wants to play more.

You might need to give me your dealers number with that awful proposal.

Reactions: canucklover123

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Difference is that Danault wanted a better chance to produce in the playoffs when he got defensive linemates and got burried in defensive assignments when he's been good for back to back seasons. Bennett is just not that good and wants to play more.

You might need to give me your dealers number with that awful proposal.
Maybe I’m doing coke and your doing meth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad