Player Discussion Phillip Danault: What's My Line Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
we're not watching the same games then,KK struggled some games but hes been much better then Danault since the bubble
You're letting your hatred blind you.

I personally don't really care either way...this whole team is a trainwreck... starting by our abysmal leadership core.

Blamming a single player when your leadership group and your superstar has given up up on the team is a bad joke

The leadership group hasn't changed. Everything else has...i wonder where the problem lies...

When i said that early on all the inbreds piled on me...

Now we're stuggling in the exact same manner we have since over the last few years.

Same leaders.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The most awful thing about that is that Bergevin still offered him an anchor contract for us.

Right now the Gallagher contract is looking like an anchor contract, while the Petry and Anderson ones aren't.

But this is only after 14 games. By the end of the year, things could be reversed. Then after the playoffs a whole different situation...

I can see the difficult situation he was in. If Suzuki and KK don't take steps immediately, and you wait until the last minute to sign Danault, and Danault has a 50 point pace season, maybe he bolts as a UFA.

Right now, I'm just really happy with the Petry, Anderson, and Toffoli contracts. The Gallagher contract could be a major issue when Gally is 33 and 34 years old - or sooner. And, that Danault didn't sign the big deal for now is a blessing that I'll be happy about. We know MB has signed players to good and bad contracts in the past. I expect both more good and more bad contracts to come. That's really the way with most GM's.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You're letting your hatred blind you.

I personally don't really care either way...this whole team is a trainwreck... starting by our abysmal leadership core.

Blamming a single player when your leadership group and your superstar has given up up on the team is a bad joke

The leadership group hasn't changed. Everything else has...i wonder where the problem lies...

When i said that early on all the inbreds piled on me...

Now we're stuggling in the exact same manner we have since over the last few years.

Same leaders.

When you say leadership group are you talking about management and coaches, or Weber, Petry, Gallagher, Price, Danault as leaders.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Right now the Gallagher contract is looking like an anchor contract, while the Petry and Anderson ones aren't.

But this is only after 14 games. By the end of the year, things could be reversed. Then after the playoffs a whole different situation...

I can see the difficult situation he was in. If Suzuki and KK don't take steps immediately, and you wait until the last minute to sign Danault, and Danault has a 50 point pace season, maybe he bolts as a UFA.

Right now, I'm just really happy with the Petry, Anderson, and Toffoli contracts. The Gallagher contract could be a major issue when Gally is 33 and 34 years old - or sooner. And, that Danault didn't sign the big deal for now is a blessing that I'll be happy about. We know MB has signed players to good and bad contracts in the past. I expect both more good and more bad contracts to come. That's really the way with most GM's.
Gallagher contract will be an anchor next year and that's the start of his new deal lmao.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Which 5M? He is at 3M..
Also Right now Danault has way less icetime than Suzuki and Kotkaniemi. Do you wan both Suzuki/KK at 20+ min each?

No he doesn't up to before last nights game he was the forward with the second most minutes after suzuki, you know our 41 point rookie that plays exceptionally well 200 foot game for a young guy. KK had 10:34 just a few games ago that danault had 18+. YOU might want to actually read boxscores if you want to put out bold assertions about poor danaults lowly icetime. The next best icetime after danault is toffoli, of the forwards of course.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
He can play better for sure but during this 4 game slump, Suzuki and KK are even worse IMO.

Anyways the point is that the entire team is underperforming.
Yes but when you have been playing poorly for most of the season and you are out sucking the suckage team...thats pretty bad. If the bar is so low, he should be able to easily go over it. Its his turn to lead the team. The kids did it for the first dozen games. So its even more of a reason for his poor play to be a problem. When the kids aren't playing as great as they were, the VETS are the ones that have to show up and play harder, setting an example. He is setting an example, but its not a good one.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Karma! He declined $5M AAV cause he thought he was more offensive than he actually is. This is on him, not the Habs management. We gave him a solid offer. Danault has to realize he is a Guy Carbonneau and not Saku Koivu. There is nothing to be ashamed about being a Carbonneau type.

We spoiled him cause our center depth was rotten (before Suzuki and KK) and then Danault grew and became a good 2 way center playing top line minutes. When Suzuki and KK started growing and we made some ice time and usage changes, he got upset. Grow up Danault! We want you to be a Habs but you got to come to grips with your role

Sadest part is Koivu as our #1 and Captain only made 4.75 million(maybe 4.5) No ONE on the team earned more than him, not even Kovy. This was our 70 point .82 PPG as a hab, clutch heart and soul type player that played all positions. I would argue Koivu was as good if not better than Danault on the PK, for one reason alone-he could score on a breakout. Carbs earned peanuts when he was 3rd C(in comparisons.) I get that times are different. Same as how bobby hull was the first millionaire and thats a hair above entry level at this point. But if you earn 4 million (or even 5 from bergevin) and get to play a solid role be recognized, have the opportunity to do commercials in your native tongue(not many on the team can do this) Take it!

I am happy he didn't accept, I wish gally hadn't. I don't like his contract either and this is year 1. The boo birds are going to be a lot louder with restricted revenue and seeing cheaper, better signings. He should be thankful HE didn't accept, because hometown boy or not, with a 5 million contract and playing like a 3 million(at best) player even the panel on RDS would turn on him. No one likes to be embarrassed by the people they stick up for.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Actually Weber put that one in. And, own goal was 100% Weber's fault.

Sorry mate, i will change the scoring , Goal Danault, first assist to weber....lol. Though come on, weber might have passed, but it takes a bloody good first line center scoring touch to have that one in the net

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Sorry mate, i will change the scoring , Goal Danault, first assist to weber....lol. Though come on, weber might have passed, but it takes a bloody good first line center scoring touch to have that one in the net

Weber shot it off Danault. Once it hit Danault, it went back in Weber's direction, hit Weber's stick and then went in.

I suppose you could give a 6th assist to Danault in your imaginary stat sheet. But the goal would be to Weber.

Last edited:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Weber shot it off Danault. Once it hit Danault, it went back in Weber's direction, hit Weber's stick and then went in.

I suppose you could give a 6th assist to Danault in your imaginary stat sheet. But the goal would be to Weber.
So little sense of humor... the whole post was a joke...Aimed at highlighting our self proclaimed first line center , the great danault.

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
The delicate flower got his panties in a bunch when Muller took over in the bubble and we got a glimpse of what Suzuki and KK can do when the coach gives them confidence and Top 6 minutes. Dinosaur returns and poor Phil gets his ice time and top linemates back and has shit the bed since. He’s getting spoon fed preferential treatment we haven’t seen since the days of Lil Davey and other than defense he’s providing nothing. We are struggling to score goals and the guy that has none and drives nothing on his line never misses a shift.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
No, not really.

Why though? They've switched Tatar with Toffoli. It didn't work a great deal. They consider Danault-Gallagher as a duo, but they shouldn't. I feel Tatar-Gallagher is more of a duo than Danault-Gallagher. You put Evans in the middle, I bet both Tatar and Gallagher plays better.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Karma! He declined $5M AAV cause he thought he was more offensive than he actually is. This is on him, not the Habs management. We gave him a solid offer. Danault has to realize he is a Guy Carbonneau and not Saku Koivu. There is nothing to be ashamed about being a Carbonneau type.

We spoiled him cause our center depth was rotten (before Suzuki and KK) and then Danault grew and became a good 2 way center playing top line minutes. When Suzuki and KK started growing and we made some ice time and usage changes, he got upset. Grow up Danault! We want you to be a Habs but you got to come to grips with your role
Please stop comparing Danault to Carbo. It is embarrassing for you.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
No, not really.
Why? Evans is faster, creates chances every shift from what i have seen. And is defensively just as effective as Danault this year. In fact i think Evans is a little snake bit and will start scoring goals. He looks like a player that wants goals, unlike Danault, who seems afraid of them. And I have watched every minute of habs games this year. And the last 2 years also. Have you , with your one line statement? Why not switch them Scriptor? Please explain.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
Through 14 games he's the return of Joe Juneau! Lol... He's struggling but history tells us he should snap out of it. Classic case of he needs one to get the monkey off his back.

Reactions: Scriptor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad