OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
@Chinatown88 I can't see the article but acceleration measures the rate of change in velocity over a time. Meters per second (velocity) per second (acceleration). m/s/s. m/s².

You can use acceleration as a function of x f(x) to figure out both displacement (distance traveled) and velocity (distance traveled over a time) by integrating f(x) twice and once respectively.

If that article claims a player is accelerating at some number of m/s then the author needs to go back to physics and/or calculus

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
@Chinatown88 I can't see the article but acceleration measures the rate of change in velocity over a time. Meters per second (velocity) per second (acceleration). m/s/s. m/s².

You can use acceleration as a function of x f(x) to figure out both displacement (distance traveled) and velocity (distance traveled over a time) by integrating f(x) twice and once respectively.

If that article claims a player is accelerating at some number of m/s then the author needs to go back to physics and/or calculus
1692121931517.png

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
A true Freshman #1!!

As to the bolded, this is why you’re the best. <3 21.5 mph at ~320 lbs. :laugh:

More than half of the rest of the list is on my short list for guys I’m interested in seeking out tape. Chop Robinson is one I’m really happy to see make it, but I had no idea van den Berg existed. That’s so much of the value in these lists to me. I always want Michigan and Penn St tape, but it gives me other names on which to focus without having them flash.

You wouldn’t really unless you were a hardcore Penn State football follower. He’s been rotational piece the last two years.

He moved to the US from South Africa later as a kid. He played high school football in Georgia. I think it was one of those the coach saw some big athletic kid & got him to play based on that. I don’t think he really knew shit about football too much before that or had great interest in it.

He went to JUCO after high school & was gonna go back for a second year after his coaches got Penn State & Iowa interested in him. He committed & signed with Penn State in June of 2021 & played the 2021 season. Typically JUCO’s are signed & enrolled in December/January. So he didn’t even have a recruiting rating really because of that by most of the recruiting sites.

So I think basically at every stop so far he’s been an upside play by those teams hoping his football acumen can catch up with his physical traits.

At Penn State he came in underweight so he’s been trying to bulk up over time. He was like 270 lbs. coming in. This is his second full year in Penn State’s strength & conditioning program. He’s apparently over 300 lbs. now & obviously going by the article has maintained or improved his athletic testing.

I can’t remember but I think PFF liked him more as a pass rusher so far which makes sense with a twitchy profile that doesn’t really know what he’s doing. I think they really liked his game as pass rusher against Auburn last year for example.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

Yeah that's why it bothered me. My two memorable years of high school physics were like what the balls in this shit. It is absolutely meters per second squared. Clearly Bruce Feldman doesn't remember his high school physics as well as an editor at The Athletic.

• Love
Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Yeah that's why it bothered me. My two memorable years of high school physics were like what the balls in this shit. It is absolutely meters per second squared. Clearly Bruce Feldman doesn't remember his high school physics as well as an editor at The Athletic.
This guy needs get gud

Reactions: Chinatown88

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

nerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad