Confirmed Trade: [PHI/NSH/VGK] Ryan Ellis to PHI, Cody Glass and Philippe Myers to NSH, Nolan Patrick to VGK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Poile should probably be fired by now, what an awful handling of the expansion draft. Seattle can only hurt you once. Before the Arvidsson trade they already could've gone the 8 skaters route: 5D/Forsberg/Arvidsson/Jarnkrok. Try your luck getting out of a Duchene or Johansen contract, or lose a depth forward. Instead they sell low on both Arvidsson and Ellis, and now have to lose another player to Seattle. Horrible asset management
They're quite clearly rebuilding. Not saying Poile has gotten good value, but nobody is taking on big salary commitments for 30 year olds these days.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Philly gets Ellis and gives a bust and a dime a dozen defense man? Quite like it on their part!

The thing is, Myers has shown flashes of being very good. He's not a dime-a-dozen guy...yet.

Last season wasn't good for him, sadly. But he can become the best player in this deal potentially. I'm not betting on that, but it isn't out of question that this 6 foot 5 RHD can progress further. Still young.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Poile should probably be fired by now, what an awful handling of the expansion draft. Seattle can only hurt you once. Before the Arvidsson trade they already could've gone the 8 skaters route: 5D/Forsberg/Arvidsson/Jarnkrok. Try your luck getting out of a Duchene or Johansen contract, or lose a depth forward. Instead they sell low on both Arvidsson and Ellis, and now have to lose another player to Seattle. Horrible asset management

This isn't Arvidsson of 2-3 years ago when he hit 35 goals, this is Arvidsson who blew out both his knees thanks to a dirty hit and hasn't been the same since. Love the guy, he hustles every shift, but getting a high 2nd when we need to retool is better than losing him for nothing.

We weren't going to protect Arvidsson in the first place.

I think we got great value for Ellis, we wanted a 1st + a prospect and we ended up with a good young defenseman and a highly touted young center.

We also have replacements for every player we've traded with Tomasino, Fabbro and Carrier.

They don't exactly have any forwards(Outside of Forsberg) they seem particularly keen on protecting so that probably isn't an issue.

Forsberg
Johansen
Jarnkrok?

I dont even know who else they would want to protect here? Kunin?

Forsberg, Kunin and either Johansen/Jarnkrok would be our protected forwards. Don't know if Glass or Myers are exempt.

Reactions: Viqsi

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Yeah but Patrick's brain is f***ed, he's had concussion(s) and he's had migraines so bad that he's missed a number of games as well.

Thats one thing. But to say they traded away their youth? Thats just flat out wrong.

I still like Patrick's upside far more than Glass

Reactions: Sasso09

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I'm mad at how good a deal it is for everyone involved. Cody Glass has higher upside than Nolan Patrick, Philippe Myers is at least a mid-pair D, and Philly gets the best player involved. Meanwhile, Vegas chooses to gamble on a high ceiling-low floor player in Patrick that either doesn’t work out for basically free, or pops off and wins them a Cup. There are worse places for Patrick to be than on a team with Mark Stone and a player's GM like Kelly McCrimmon.

Burnaby Schmo

Jan 23, 2021
Entering the echo chamber, and stating what's already been said, but Vegas got taken outback. The optics here are not good, nor is the likelihood that this plays out as they expect.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I like Myers, but definitely needs to work on his downlow play around the net. I didn't watch a lot of Flyers games last season, but I watched at least 5-6 of them, and Myers panicked under pressure with the puck behind the net a lot. Didn't know what to do with puck & was soft defensively.

He was overwhelmed.

However, it could also be a system issue since he could never seem to find an outlet, which created the panic.

He needs to take a step back onto a bottom pairing and concentrate on playing D. Needs to be a bit more physical too.

I still like him, but there's a lot of growing to do there. He's only played 115 NHL games.

I think it's a good move for both Myers & Glass.

Nashville also saves money, which I think they need to do right now, along with Arizona.
Myers needs to be paired with a vet and not a young guy like Sanheim. The Flyers system also had players lost and players always left a man open. I put more blame on that than the player. I agree with everything in bold.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
As an outsider I like this move for Nashville.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Wasn’t Patrick a 2oa recently? f***! Vegas kills it again. :( Why do people keep trading with them?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
About time for Vegas to lose a trade.

They lost the Tatar trade pretty bad. They turned into Pacorietty but then lost Suzuki in the process. Vegas is an amazing team, but I think a bit more patience would of served that team a bit better long term. But they are going to be good for a long time regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad