Confirmed Trade: [PHI/NSH/VGK] Ryan Ellis to PHI, Cody Glass and Philippe Myers to NSH, Nolan Patrick to VGK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Sorry, I’m not a fan of any of these teams involved so please forgive my ignorance. How is swapping Glass for Patrick good for Vegas?

Doesn’t glass arguably have a higher ceiling and is more immediately cost-controlled?

it could matter in an Eichel trade where glass had little interest while Patrick has more potential outside of injuries.

nashville saves cap and moving Ellis long contract given recapture if Weber retires.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Patrick needed out of Philly and Glass is NOT progressing at all in Vegas. Looks to be a winger. If he couldn’t break Vegas’ at C already, there’s an issue.

Hansem1979

Jun 25, 2021
For me Nolan is not an nhler anymore before 2025….. he is a huge bust, not necessarily because of just a lack of talent, but lack of talent + injuries and being one concussions away of his career being over

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
So does Ellis suck now or something?
no i just think we're entering some kind of rebuild and his contract isnt ideal for us at the moment. i assume we're preparing to protect 4 d-men, josi, ekholm and two younger ones. ellis is pretty expendable because we've been on a downward trajectory the last few seasons.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Patrick is ass. Myers has low hockey IQ despite great physical gifts. Great trade by Chuck

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
How does it make me feel to see Vegas make a bad deal like this?

giphy.gif

Reactions: rodney dangerfield

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
For me Nolan is not an nhler anymore before 2025….. he is a huge bust, not necessarily because of just a lack of talent, but lack of talent + injuries and being one concussions away of his career being over

We get it - you don't think much of Patrick. That isn't a hot take.

I'll tell you as a Flyers fan:

There's still hope he can rebound and maybe be a 2/3 Center in the NHL. Migraines come and go - they are not a concussion. He may be migraine free the rest of his career...or not. We just don't know.

Patrick still has a chance at being an NHL regular. I think Vegas believes they can unlock that.

I wish the kid the best as he's gotten a raw deal. He was on his way up right before his migraines kicked in.

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
Wowzers. Was wondering how much longer Patrick was going to last in Philly. Don't really like Ryan Ellis going to a division rival though lol.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
We get it - you don't think much of Patrick. That isn't a hot take.

I'll tell you as a Flyers fan:

There's still hope he can rebound and maybe be a 2/3 Center in the NHL. Migraines come and go - they are not a concussion. He may be migraine free the rest of his career...or not. We just don't know.

Patrick still has a chance at being an NHL regular. I think Vegas believes they can unlock that.

I wish the kid the best as he's gotten a raw deal. He was on his way up right before his migraines kicked in.

Dude he was getting great linemates, great matchups, powerplay time, etc etc put in every kind of position to succeed and he not only didn’t succeed, he didn’t even FLASH potential. You can usually see flashes of potential, but the dude never even flashed ANYTHING.

what a waste of a #2 pick

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Nashville gave away their 2nd best defenseman. I don't know why they made this move unless they plan on signing Dougie Hamilton.

Good on Philly for fleecing them. And I'm wishing Patrick the best of luck in Vegas.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Dude he was getting great linemates, great matchups, powerplay time, etc etc put in every kind of position to succeed and he not only didn’t succeed, he didn’t even FLASH potential. You can usually see flashes of potential, but the dude never even flashed ANYTHING.

what a waste of a #2 pick

Last year he was trash. Could be linger effects from the year off due to migraines.

However, he looked good beforehand. Was progressing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I had been ruminating about the Flyers trading Patrick for Glass since Vegas is exempt from expansion. Nice to see I was on the right track. I like being smart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad