Confirmed Trade: [PHI/NSH/VGK] Ryan Ellis to PHI, Cody Glass and Philippe Myers to NSH, Nolan Patrick to VGK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Huge overpayment for Patrick who's got a lot of big injuries already and he haven't exactly performed when he has played.

Vegas continue to trade away their youth... everyone knew the Pacioretty deal was bad when it happened, same thing here.

Glass has better upside and isn't injury prone.
Glass just had knee surgery so he isn’t exactly an iron man. (Though, yeah, Patrick missing a year due to migraines is different.)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Nashville gave away their 2nd best defenseman. I don't know why they made this move unless they plan on signing Dougie Hamilton.

Good on Philly for fleecing them. And I'm wishing Patrick the best of luck in Vegas.
Ellis was not our 2nd best Dman, that would be Ekholm. Ellis has gone soft, runs from contact and is more worried about not getting hurt than playing good hockey. He essentially lost his spot to Carrier in the playoffs.

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
Maybe Flyers fans can chime in, but if Patrick stays healthy his pro numbers are better than Glass'. It looks like a change of scenery move for two high picks, but I don't see how Patrick is this bad?
Patrick seems a bit like damaged goods at this point. I really wanted the best for him and thought he had a chance. He has back issues and he has had multiple concussions in his short time with the team.

Last year he was pretty awful after missing a season with migraines which may or may not have been caused by the concussions.

He has the stick-handling ability and he is a really good playmaker with time, but his game speed and ability to execute on his manuevers has been multiple steps behind.

He was given every opportunity last season in terms of playing time on the PP to rack up points, but he just couldn't do it.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
So it’s basically Glass for Patrick, and then Glass and Myers for Ellis. Swap of injured, underachieving prospects in the Glass/Patrick portion. Philly gets a solidifying force for the top pair in Ellis, NSH gets a good young 4ish Dman in Myers and a prospect with potential but question marks. I like it all around, honestly.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Glass just had knee surgery so he isn’t exactly an iron man. (Though, yeah, Patrick missing a year due to migraines is different.)
I admit I was wrong, I'm drunk, lol. But yeah, worrying injuries for both parties. I'd rather have Glass. Concussions are voodoo. A small nothing hit could easily inflict a new one if you're unlucky.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Huge overpayment for Patrick who's got a lot of big injuries already and he haven't exactly performed when he has played.

Vegas continue to trade away their youth... everyone knew the Pacioretty deal was bad when it happened, same thing here.

Glass has better upside and isn't injury prone.
So you don't know who the players are you're talking about eh?

Also the word upgrade isn't what you think it is.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Glass at his best case is a low 2C.... he couldn't crack a lineup full of a bunch of 3/4C. What's this nonsense? Glass is not better than Patrick and his potential isn't as high

I'll be honest I dont watch much of Vegas, but I thought Glass was doing well. Patrick's health is my only concern. Especially with Patrick having similar problems to what Stephen johns had, and he had to reitre

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
And Patrick was the 2nd overall pick in 2017. That doesn’t really matter anymore
Glass also didn’t suffer as much brain damage as Patrick has . This is also coming from a ducks fan who wanted Patrick. All I’m saying is that it’s too early to write off Glass as a bust when his coach would play nosek over him w patches and stone. All I said was that he could blossom if given the correct opportunity

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I feel like this is ass for Nashville
Depends on how u view glass and Myers upside. They’re trying to rebuild/retool on the fly.
Ellis’s value was only going to lower every year if they didn’t move him now. An nhl ready center with top 6 upside a d am nhl ready RHD with top 4 upside isn’t a terrible return in my opinion, just not the sexiest

Reactions: Viqsi

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
So you don't know who the players are you're talking about eh?

Also the word upgrade isn't what you think it is.
I don't know about Glass, but as a big Patrick fan, last season made it hard to see Patrick reaching his upside which was high coming out of the draft. He has the skills, but his body and head aren't there right now. Still super young though.

Reactions: BernieParent

Hansem1979

Jun 25, 2021
We get it - you don't think much of Patrick. That isn't a hot take.

I'll tell you as a Flyers fan:

There's still hope he can rebound and maybe be a 2/3 Center in the NHL. Migraines come and go - they are not a concussion. He may be migraine free the rest of his career...or not. We just don't know.

Patrick still has a chance at being an NHL regular. I think Vegas believes they can unlock that.

I wish the kid the best as he's gotten a raw deal. He was on his way up right before his migraines kicked in.

oh, understand me well, I wish this guy the best, but he is what he is, and your team just used him to get a top 10 defense man in the league.

this is a major win for Philly

Reactions: Devonator

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
9pts and -30 is an upgrade? Jesus christ is Cody Glass the worst player to ever play hockey?
He's certainly not as good as Patrick

22 points in 66 games vs 70 in 197, drafted the same year, Patrick had to battle a lot better depth for playing time.

In what way has Glass Proven to be a better player?? Help it make sense. . Patrick's first two seasons he had more goals in each of them than Glass career high in points.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Nice get for Philly. Ellis is awesome and moves the puck really well. Should help them get out of their zone and stay in the OZ. Ellis should stabilize their blueline which they haven't had since Niskanen retired.

Don't think it's all that great for Nashville, but I do understand their desire to get younger and cheaper. Myers has never impressed me much other than being big but the Preds have a record of helping young toolsy dmen reach their potential.

As far as the Glass-Patrick swap goes it's interesting to me the perception that Patrick is some worthless bandaid considering he's played 197 professional games since being drafted, all of them in the NHL. Glass has played 88 total, 66 in the NHL and didn't exactly light the world on fire either. Curious to hear opinions on why Glass has all this untapped potential while Patrick is a definite bust considering they're more or less the same age.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I don't know about Glass, but as a big Patrick fan, last season made it hard to see Patrick reaching his upside which was high coming out of the draft. He has the skills, but his body and head aren't there right now. Still super young though.
I'm with you on Patrick, I soured on him and wasn't huge on him from the beginning. But. Cody Glass? He's literally the only bigger bust in that draft class.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Nashville gave away their 2nd best defenseman. I don't know why they made this move unless they plan on signing Dougie Hamilton.

Good on Philly for fleecing them. And I'm wishing Patrick the best of luck in Vegas.

Josi and Ekholm are clearly better, and Carrier played better than him in the playoffs. Fabbro/Carrier will take his spot. Ellis has been declining, wasn't that great on the PP and has a big contract.

It's hard to call Nashville a loser in this deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad