Confirmed Trade: [PHI/NSH/VGK] Ryan Ellis to PHI, Cody Glass and Philippe Myers to NSH, Nolan Patrick to VGK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Ellis was a good 2nd pair D. He was great with Ekholm back in the day. Hope Philly isn’t expecting a a 1D Weber.

Reactions: Viqsi

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Maybe Flyers fans can chime in, but if Patrick stays healthy his pro numbers are better than Glass'. It looks like a change of scenery move for two high picks, but I don't see how Patrick is this bad?
Anyone in here talking and Vegas losing this trade just hasn't watched Patrick play. Everyone loves to get on him got being a bust of a #2OA but I'm confident he will be at the very least a 2C, Ryjo type.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Kinda surprised that Patrick had even that big of a value, after his injury worries.

So far it looks like Vegas did terrible here, but you can't be sure with these kind of trades.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Depends on how u view glass and Myers upside. They’re trying to rebuild/retool on the fly.
Ellis’s value was only going to lower every year if they didn’t move him now. An nhl ready center with top 6 upside a d am nhl ready RHD with top 4 upside isn’t a terrible return in my opinion, just not the sexiest

When I posted that, I thought that Glass was going to Philly. Its a bit better in reality

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Great move for Nashville. I still really like Glass.

For Vegas, that's way too much to give up for Patrick.

Reactions: Gravity

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
Vegas has now traded all their first round picks in 2017 wired but hey they are SC contenders so i guess it doesnt matter

Seems like a low price for Ellis though

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Vegas hates prospects. The first few years of being a top contender has really screwed the outlook of the team.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Like the Cody Glass move for Nashville and the Patrick move for VGK.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The age difference between Patrick and Glass while notable at the draft, is essentially non-existent 5 years after it. What ever disadvantage Glass was at due to having less WHL experience, and being a year behind Patrick in school and hockey (and being about 8 months younger) has dissipated. Now, I prefer Glass to Patrick as Patrick's injury history alarms me, but the age gap is really non-existent at this point. And, to be honest, the age gap is more about guys who emerge as elite players as late-birthday draft year players, which is why the gap in expected return between a late and early birthday doesn't really show up until around pick 20 or so of the first round.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Great move for Nashville. I still really like Glass.

For Vegas, that's way too much to give up for Patrick.

They'll have to really, really believe in Glass. I know Ellis is 30 and last season showed some signs of age + injury related decline, but they gave up a legit 1st pairing RD. I would've expected a better return than a 2nd pair defenseman and a formerly high-end prospect.

Kinda strange for Vegas to be involved at all, but I guess they think they have a better chance of reviving Patrick than Glass.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad