Confirmed Trade: [PHI/NSH/VGK] Ryan Ellis to PHI, Cody Glass and Philippe Myers to NSH, Nolan Patrick to VGK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I'm liking this for NSH and PHI and kinda ehhhhhhhhhhhh on VGK end of the stick. Glass seemed really high as a prospect but I guess he hasn't blossomed offensively. Ellis should help the Flyers for a bit. Win-Win-Draw?

thrillermiller89

Jan 19, 2010
San Jose
Decent for all parties.

Vegas wanted Patrick who has more potential and is better (when on the ice) than Glass.

Philly wanted Ellis, the best player in the deal. But he, and his contact, will age similar to Brent Burns based on playing style. However Ellis is smaller so maybe he ages better.

And Nashville moves a big contract for a solid NHL Dman and a top prospect in need of a change of scenery. Not bad.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Poile should probably be fired by now, what an awful handling of the expansion draft. Seattle can only hurt you once. Before the Arvidsson trade they already could've gone the 8 skaters route: 5D/Forsberg/Arvidsson/Jarnkrok. Try your luck getting out of a Duchene or Johansen contract, or lose a depth forward. Instead they sell low on both Arvidsson and Ellis, and now have to lose another player to Seattle. Horrible asset management

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Huge overpayment for Patrick who's got a lot of big injuries already and he haven't exactly performed when he has played.

Vegas continue to trade away their youth... everyone knew the Pacioretty deal was bad when it happened, same thing here.

Glass has better upside and isn't injury prone.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
No, but we have Fabbro and Carrier on the right side and Ellis is over 30 and has a long contract. Still a solid top pairing/2nd pairing guy.

Love this for Nashville, but I'm still very high on Glass. Don't know much about Myers tbh.

From what I saw Myers is solid.

Patrick sucks and the preds traded a man with a head made of glass for a player named Glass.

Glass gers a fresh chance so that might be the main piece for the preds here and a huge piece.

Patrick can still put things together, but it's much less likely

Reactions: Viqsi

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Huge overpayment for Patrick who's got a lot of big injuries already and he haven't exactly performed when he has played.

Vegas continue to trade away their youth... everyone knew the Pacioretty deal was bad when it happened, same thing here.

I was under the impression he was quite injury prone. Is that incorrect?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Seems like Nashville still has to protect 4 defensemen unless they are going to expose Myers.

They don't exactly have any forwards(Outside of Forsberg) they seem particularly keen on protecting so that probably isn't an issue.

Forsberg
Johansen
Jarnkrok?

I dont even know who else they would want to protect here? Kunin?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Love this for Nashville. From what I know, Myers is great and younger.

But Flyers fans, correct me if I'm wrong.

I like Myers, but definitely needs to work on his downlow play around the net. I didn't watch a lot of Flyers games last season, but I watched at least 5-6 of them, and Myers panicked under pressure with the puck behind the net a lot. Didn't know what to do with puck & was soft defensively.

He was overwhelmed.

However, it could also be a system issue since he could never seem to find an outlet, which created the panic.

He needs to take a step back onto a bottom pairing and concentrate on playing D. Needs to be a bit more physical too.

I still like him, but there's a lot of growing to do there. He's only played 115 NHL games.

I think it's a good move for both Myers & Glass.

Nashville also saves money, which I think they need to do right now, along with Arizona.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I guess Kelly McCrimmon got a bit sentimental here with Patrick. Lets see if it pays off, Cotton...

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

bruh they're 6 months apart in age

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad