Confirmed Trade: [PHI/CBJ] Cam Atkinson for Jakub Voracek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Readytostart

Feb 19, 2016
I was just reading an article on Jack Roslovic yesterday in the Hockey News where they said he and Atkinson had become good friends. Wonder what this trade does for Roslovic's mindset next year.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I guess Voracek is slightly younger and has a year less on his contract? Maybe CBJ thinks he can help Laine?

Philly I guess gets a guy at a lower cap hit.

Hockey trades!

Reactions: FabulousLysell

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Chuck Fletcher's week:
EDCJ40fXYAAOgEO.jpg

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I thought Jake's contract was up sooner, so my initial reaction was in favor of the Jackets. But, both contracts are big. Jake fits better with the current Jackets team and they could use that talent on the other wing. Good move.

I think Cam will be awesome in Philly, unfortunately.

Reactions: FabulousLysell

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
What in the hell is Jarmo doing?
Reducing the number of years on contracts during a rebuild and also bringing in a better player than the one going out. Philly saves some cap space the next 3 years but added a 4th year on a declining player. Cam has not been a good player for 2 years. Great on the PK but otherwise he's been pretty brutal. Could just be Columbus but I guess we'll find out. He's streaky, that's for sure. So if he starts with 10 goals the first month, don't be surprised if he's still sitting on 10 goals in the 3rd month.

Reactions: We Want Ten

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
With this move? Doesn’t look like a rebuilding move. Get futures for Atkinson then.
Not getting futures in a flat cap world for a player with 4 years of term at $5.85MM AAV. CBJ still needs to hit the floor and this does that without taking a downgrade (actually getting an upgrade) in talent. It's a good move for CBJ to have one less year on the deal given the rebuild and there is little need for big contracts the next few years.

Last edited:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So far Fletcher is 2/4

Good Trades

-Ellis for Myers, Patrick
-Atkinson for Voracek

Bad Trades

-Ghost + 2nd + 7th for FC's
-13th overall + 2nd + Hagg for Ristolainen

Last edited:
Reactions: Morrison and bauer

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
In fact I really like it for Columbus. Bjorkstrand, laine, voracek, nyquist on the wings. All the young upside in defence with two great goaltenders. Much more excited for next year. Also it's been said for Voracek, but Atkinson hasn't come close to living up to his contract from a business standpoint I'm happy he is gone.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Kent Johnson, Colin Sillinger, Stanislav Svozil, Adam Boqvist, Jake Bean and now Jakub Voracek? I like that for Columbus.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad