Confirmed Trade: [PHI/CBJ] Cam Atkinson for Jakub Voracek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Seems fair?
giphy.gif

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
they got the futures yesterday. Atkinson doesn’t work with no one feeding him the puck. At least Voracek might do something with Laine.

Yes, but Voracek isn’t helping a rebuild.

If there were assets attached to Voracek, then ok, but this isn’t a good deal for CBJ and it can’t be justified as rebuilding when you’re taking on a player around the same exact age (months apart), when you could’ve turned Atkinson into futures.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Columbus comes out ahead, younger, better player signed for fewer years. Two bad contracts.

Edit: I remembered the age gap being bigger, even if you treat the age as a wash Columbus comes out ahead.

Last edited:

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Yes, but Voracek isn’t helping a rebuild.

If there were assets attached to Voracek, then ok, but this isn’t a good deal for CBJ and it can’t be justified as rebuilding when you’re taking on a player around the same exact age (months apart), when you could’ve turned Atkinson into futures.

How about Voracek helps fit with the players on the current team, which in turn should help boost his and others trade values, helping expedite the rebuilding process.

To be perfectly honest with you, I think the Jackets could still be a pretty decent team while rebuilding next year if a few things fall their way. Voracek and Laine could be the thing that both need to rebuild their careers.

Reactions: FabulousLysell

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
I’m fine with this trade as a Flyers fan. Saves some money for contracts of current players. And Cam is more of a goal scorer.
Yeah, eventually this is a pretty fair trade for both sides I think. Unfortunately. I'm not sure why I was so excited. Hope we see more Ristolainen-type trades from Fletcher.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
I like the deal. Since 2016-2017, Atkinson has scored more goals than Voracek. What was last year's highlight for Voracek? Only thing most fans remember is him going after a sports writer. Flyers have Coots, Hayes, Atkinson, Laughton as their centers. We need some toughness on defense and Risto brings that. As far as his stats go, it's no surprised that some people are saying it sucks because of his stats. Risto has had 6 NHL coaches in his time in Buffalo. He will play on the 2nd pairing. I hated that we gave up a 1st round pick but it is what it is. Pales in comparison to Seth Jones getting 9 million from Chicago, haven't they learned from all their 10-11 year deals for their players? Oh his brother is there, big deal. I like what Chuck has done. Gives us some money to get a backup goalie and maybe a veteran winger.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
This is good for Columbus. Jackets are heading in a good direction

Less term and a player that fits in better IMO

Him and Laine should be a good combo

Reactions: Toe Pick

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
How about Voracek helps fit with the players on the current team, which in turn should help boost his and others trade values, helping expedite the rebuilding process.

To be perfectly honest with you, I think the Jackets could still be a pretty decent team while rebuilding next year if a few things fall their way. Voracek and Laine could be the thing that both need to rebuild their careers.

I’d rather bank on futures than a player that’s about to turn 32 and whose numbers have fell off tremendously even on a much better team.

I’m not gonna tell you how to think, but I just don’t like the move at all for Columbus. You disagree? Fine by me.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I like the deal. Since 2016-2017, Atkinson has scored more goals than Voracek. What was last year's highlight for Voracek? Only thing most fans remember is him going after a sports writer. Flyers have Coots, Hayes, Atkinson, Laughton as their centers. We need some toughness on defense and Risto brings that. As far as his stats go, it's no surprised that some people are saying it sucks because of his stats. Risto has had 6 NHL coaches in his time in Buffalo. He will play on the 2nd pairing. I hated that we gave up a 1st round pick but it is what it is. Pales in comparison to Seth Jones getting 9 million from Chicago, haven't they learned from all their 10-11 year deals for their players? Oh his brother is there, big deal. I like what Chuck has done. Gives us some money to get a backup goalie and maybe a veteran winger.

Atkinson is a RW.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Seems like a good ‘change of scenery’ trade for both players and teams. I think Voracek is the slightly better player at this stage of their careers but he also carries a higher cap hit. Funny that things come full circle for Voracek…back to Columbus

Reactions: FabulousLysell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad