Confirmed Trade: [PHI/CBJ] Cam Atkinson for Jakub Voracek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I’d rather bank on futures than a player that’s about to turn 32 and whose numbers have fell off tremendously even on a much better team.

I’m not gonna tell you how to think, but I just don’t like the move at all for Columbus. You disagree? Fine by me.
What numbers fell off tremendously?? Are we just making stuff up here? Jake has been a consistent 60+ low end 75P pace player for like 8 years now

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Yes, but Voracek isn’t helping a rebuild.

If there were assets attached to Voracek, then ok, but this isn’t a good deal for CBJ and it can’t be justified as rebuilding when you’re taking on a player around the same exact age (months apart), when you could’ve turned Atkinson into futures.

Voracek is a playmaker. I`d guess this trade is meant to be a fit for Laine. JK actually want Laine to score goals again and with no C:s you have to get a playmaking wing.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Voracek is a playmaker. I`d guess this trade is meant to be a fit for Laine. JK actually want Laine to score goals again and with no C:s you have to get a playmaking wing.

I just would have looked elsewhere and would have traded Atkinson for futures. You could always sign a free agent.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
I like the deal. Since 2016-2017, Atkinson has scored more goals than Voracek. What was last year's highlight for Voracek? Only thing most fans remember is him going after a sports writer. Flyers have Coots, Hayes, Atkinson, Laughton as their centers. We need some toughness on defense and Risto brings that. As far as his stats go, it's no surprised that some people are saying it sucks because of his stats. Risto has had 6 NHL coaches in his time in Buffalo. He will play on the 2nd pairing. I hated that we gave up a 1st round pick but it is what it is. Pales in comparison to Seth Jones getting 9 million from Chicago, haven't they learned from all their 10-11 year deals for their players? Oh his brother is there, big deal. I like what Chuck has done. Gives us some money to get a backup goalie and maybe a veteran winger.

Goalscorers score more goals than playmakers, more incredible news at 11.

In the past two seasons, Voracek has 99 points in 122 games(21G, 78A, pace of 66pts/82gp). Over that same period, Atkinson has 60 points in 100 games(27G, 33A, pace of 49pts/82gp). Using his pace, Atkinson would have 72 points over the same 122 games as Voracek. Less points than Voracek has assists.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Like what is Philly doing???

E7E4iMgXsBAtdPK

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
They are the same age. Basically same dollars left. Atkinson with 4 years at lower cap hit, Voracek with 3 at higher.

Atkinson has been declining lately. I like this trade more for CBJ. Feel like Voracek is going to be the better player the next few years and that one extra year Atkinson has at ~35 years is kind of big thing.
Not even close. Flyers win the trade. Voracek doesn’t score goals and commits boneheaded plays almost every game. So glad he’s gone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad