Confirmed Trade: [PHI/CBJ] Cam Atkinson for Jakub Voracek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rodney dangerfield

Dec 8, 2015
i think its a win win honestly. jake isnt gonna belp cbj become a playoff team and cam could be an upgrade over jake and is cheaper. im just happy fletch didnt throw a free pick in there too

Reactions: SanBlom

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I really like philly’s lineup the only problem with it is Kevin Hayes the weakest link. Hopefully Vigneault wises up and puts Hayes over to RW.

Line 1 LW Farabee C Couturier RW Konecny
Line 2 LW Van Riemsdyk C Giroux RW Atkinson
Line 3 LW Lindblom C Frost RW Hayes
Line 4 LW Aube-Kubel C Laughton RW Allison

1st Pair LD Provorov RD Ristolainen
2nd Pair LD Sanheim RD Ellis
3rd Pair LD York RD Braun

Goalies:
Starter: Hart
Backup: ???

Scratches:
RW/C Laczynski
LW/C Bunnaman
LD Morin < UFA Resigned

Hayes had a bad year, but he was injured probably most of the year. If Hayes regains form, he's a fine #2C.

Besides, moving Giroux to C is making him worse at this point. Giroux is a more natural LW at this stage in his career and he looks great.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Hayes had a bad year, but he was injured probably most of the year. If Hayes regains form, he's a fine #2C.

Besides, moving Giroux to C is making him worse at this point. Giroux is a more natural LW at this stage in his career and he looks great.
Even though Giroux is 5 years older then Hayes, he is still a better player then Hayes and a better center, a better goal scorer, point producer, faceoff man and leader then Hayes is.

Hayes isn’t half the player Giroux is and I don’t take you to be a Hayes defender anyhow Brinda.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Even though Giroux is 5 years older then Hayes, he is still a better player then Hayes and a better center, a better goal scorer, point producer, faceoff man and leader then Hayes is.

Hayes isn’t half the player Giroux is and I don’t take you to be a Hayes defender anyhow Brinda.

The problem is we don't have enough centers. Removing Hayes and putting G in still has us realistically 1 short. Laughton is better on the wing and Frost isn't proven.

I'm not a Hayes defender, but I don't think he's the scourge others do. I think if he made 5 million, people wouldn't get on him so much. He's clearly a guy we need right now barring a trade for another legit C, so I just don't even bother entertaining the thought. We have too many wingers and not enough Cs.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
The problem is we don't have enough centers. Removing Hayes and putting G in still has us realistically 1 short. Laughton is better on the wing and Frost isn't proven.
No worries Flyers have plenty of players that can center or temporarily place at center. Coots, G, Hayes, Lootin, Frost, Bunny, Laczynski or even a J. Cates recall.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I think there needs to be an investigation into whether Fletcher is compromised. I’m actually only half joking :popcorn:

Reactions: Morrison

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Am I the only who thinks the fact that Philly basically retooled their team in like 7 days is kinda crazy.

It's been a wild ride. I think the Risto trade was awful and Ghost was bad value, but Fletcher really did. . . something. I guess we shall see. His instinct that the team needed a shakeup was correct, but I am deeply skeptical about the long-term results given what assets were dealt away.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Why? For both teams? Why? Isn't Cam the only guy Laine gets along with?

Reactions: Morrison

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
I like this trade for both teams, Voracek is a playmaker, Laine should pump up his numbers and the Flyers need a shoot first/finisher. Both clubs should benefit.

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Pretty sure Cam was a leading influence in trying to get Laine traded.

The rumor was that the team leadership didn't like Laine.
Laine was there for a cup of coffee -- if the team didn't like him, he must be a rotten person. How can you figure out if you like a teammate in a couple of months.

HartOfPhilly

Jul 25, 2021
I think this is a rare win win.

Jake will be a good fit next to Laine. He gives up on games and shifts. Turns the puck over a lot. However he's an elite playmaker. Laine should pot 35 again.

Atkinson is a shoot first player who finds the soft spots in the defense. With coots G he's an ideal fit. Flyers seriously lacked shoot first. Flyers had one the worst PK in the NHL last year. Atkinson is behind only Marchand in Shorties and will really sure that up. Plus he's relentless something our team has not had in years. There was a clear focus to get away from the slow starts and constant games or stretches where the team absolutely mails it in.

Love it both ways.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Laine was there for a cup of coffee -- if the team didn't like him, he must be a rotten person. How can you figure out if you like a teammate in a couple of months.

When my men's team gets a new guy it usually takes me about three games. :laugh:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think this is a rare win win.

Jake will be a good fit next to Laine. He gives up on games and shifts. Turns the puck over a lot. However he's an elite playmaker. Laine should pot 35 again.

Atkinson is a shoot first player who finds the soft spots in the defense. With coots G he's an ideal fit. Flyers seriously lacked shoot first. Flyers had one the worst PK in the NHL last year. Atkinson is behind only Marchand in Shorties and will really sure that up. Plus he's relentless something our team has not had in years. There was a clear focus to get away from the slow starts and constant games or stretches where the team absolutely mails it in.

Love it both ways.

You're right about the sniping and the PK stuff. Cam adds a ton of value there.

Don't look for a super relentless effort, he hasn't had that in five years. Cam is a moody sniper that gets visibly upset when he goes cold, and his effort level does wane when he loses confidence.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This really is a good deal for both teams.

Flyers save $2.35 per over the next 3 seasons while adding a player who is better defensively and is more of a goal scorer. They also shake up the core. Jake had been in Philly for 10 years and it was time to move on.

The Jackets get one of the better ES playmakers in the NHL and someone that can possibly breath new life into Laine. Jake feeding Laine one-timers on the PP should be very effective. They also get the shorter contract by 1 year.

Good stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad